The Student Room Group

Veterinary notes

Where can i buy vet books
It isn't really recommended to buy veterinary books (especially not new) as your vet school should be able to provide you all of them in their library for free (and they can be costly), and usually the lecture slides/notes are 'all you need to know' so books aren't really necessary. But if you did want to buy them anyway, I'd first check out the ones you are interested in the library to first make sure it suits your style of learning. Then I would try buy second hand on websites like Fb marketplace, VetWings on fb, ebay, abebooks etc as they'll be much cheaper and still in usable condition. If you want BSAVA/BEVA etc books you can get a free student membership and then you still get quite a good discount, I got the small animal formulary new and for cheaper than I've seen getting sold second hand. I personally do like buying vet books but honestly I've only used them a handful of times, I just like having them as decoration aha.
Original post by Shruti2822
Where can i buy vet books

RambleAmple gave some great suggestions! Additionally if you have a local second hand book shop they might have some! I go to Nottingham and there's a book shop nearby that has lots! They are often far ones but students often donate when they graduate. I got 7 textbooks on farm animal disease and homeopathic medicine for £25!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending