The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Its looking very promising now, yea...If one of the two in at the moment makes a century then this test would look in a very promising position...
Hows the movement on the pitch looking? i've read lees complaining, but is it starting to mess around a little more? (sorry - more desktop punditry required :biggrin:)
Reply 4641
englishstudent
I predict that England are going to win the Ashes this year.

me too now. aussies are just crap
bikerx23
Its looking very promising now, yea...If one of the two in at the moment makes a century then this test would look in a very promising position...
Hows the movement on the pitch looking? i've read lees complaining, but is it starting to mess around a little more? (sorry - more desktop punditry required :biggrin:)

Well Brett Lee has been getting some bounce out of it, which bodes well for Flintoff and Harmison.
Vishpatel
1. glenn mcgrath...1997 2001 and 2005
2. aminul islam...highes score made by a player in an inaugaral test match
3. Neil Mallendar
4. vinoo mankad who took 5/228 against west indies in 1952/53
5. lee germon
6. pakistan had never lost a game there
7. scored centuries against all test playing nations
8. s wettimuny against pakistan at faisalabad in march 1982
9. Last team to beat australia in a test series in australia
10.dave houghton of zimbabwe

almost....all but one!!

clue: the right answer to the question you answered wrongly is elsewhere on this thread. The same goes for you, ataloss.
dont forget jones now...he has looked pretty useful even without the swing he usually uses to decieve...
Reply 4645
has any1 seen npower girls?fit.
oops. langer made a clanger!
old dizzy is having a shocker!
El Chueco
oops. langer made a clanger!

you've been waiting to say that haven't you?!? :bandit:
Reply 4649
hahahaha.oh such a wonder from gillepsie.hahahahahaha.
bikerx23
you've been waiting to say that haven't you?!? :bandit:

nope. honest. thats freddie and geraint gone. thats 434-8
Becca
:afraid:
I don't like Graeme Smith he is mean and scary. :frown:

But he's one of the best captains around. I watched Somerset 20-20 semi final and final and he was the difference. (but he does look scary :wink: )
Reply 4652
Darn, Jones is out as well. Hopefully the tail will still wag. At least we got over 400, but I have a feeling it might not be enough. I'd be delighted with over 500.
1- Glen McGrath- 1997, 2001 and 2005.
2- aminul islam
3-Neil Mallender
4- M.H.Mankad vs WI
5-Lee Germon
6-Had never lost at the ground until England beat them
7- scored centuries against all test playing nations
8- Sidath Wettimuny- Against Pakistan in Faisalabad - 1982.
9-Lara/Richardson partnership (293), the highest 3rd wicket partnership by the West Indies in Australia
10- Andy Flower
SamTheMan
These championships are depressing for British Athletics.

I still remember the World Championships in Gothenburg and UK Athletics were pretty good back then, they were easily the best in Europe, after maybe Germany.

Now UK Athletics is worthless except maybe on the track at sprint and even then, it's only at European level that we can win anything. At world level, the US and the Carribean are way ahead :frown:

Not only are we doing useless in the world of athletics I havnt been impressed with the standard of competition. Especially the 100m and 200m metre finals which were really poor. I know the conditions are bad but 20.04 last night in the 200m is really quite slow for a world final. Thats over 0.7 off the world record!! Hope Benjamin can run a good race in the 400m tonight and somehow snatch a medal.
I reckon if the remainders hit out they could reach 500....its quite wierd that despite actually (apparently) being the one there who can bat, you would rather have the last 2 men slogging!
Xenon
Darn, Jones is out as well. Hopefully the tail will still wag. At least we got over 400, but I have a feeling it might not be enough. I'd be delighted with over 500.

I think we might get about 500. The Aussies have had problems with our tail before, the only time the tale scored low was in the second innings at Lords.
~ 450 is always a reasonable first innings score. Just need to bowl them out and get a decent lead now.
The pace of league argument is often overemphasised I believe. I've seen some very fast games especially when the All Blacks play against a southern hemisphere counterpart. And if speed was that important I'd watch jai-alai more often than I do.
1. Glenn McGrath - 1997, 2001 and 2005.
2. Aminul Islam - first time a new test playing nation player has scored a century on debut.
3. Neil Mallender
4. M H Mankad - against West Indies
5. Lee Germon
6. Had never lost at the ground until England beat them.
7. To be out to a bowler who has only played one test match (Kabir Ali)
8. Sidath Wettimuny - against Pakistan in Faisalabad in 1982.
9. Last team to win a test match by 1 run, last team to beat Australia in a test series in Australia and Lara/Richardson partnership (293), the highest 3rd wicket partnership by the West Indies in Australia.
10. Andy Flower.

Surely I'm there now :smile:

Kirsten had already scored centuries against England and didn't reach his 7000 runs until the West Indies so it can't be either of those. :smile:

Latest