Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella83)
    Any surfers out there here on TSR? I'm leaving for Sydney later this week for some serious surfing action, I haven't been for about a year (and last year was my first time :eek: ) so I'll kinda suck at it, I know :laugh:

But it's fun, and that's all that matters

DB_x
    lol, yeah I surf though i havent been since last summer (im a wuss for the cold) so im a little rusty. A lot of my friends put me to shame.

Oh yeah, Manly is the greatest, waaaay better than Bondi!

ReputationRep:
    i agree too, was bored until the last 3 or 4 rounds. disapointed.

ReputationRep:
    This explains it all :rolleyes: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Harrison was a joke!

I was actually wanting him to beat Danny as Danny has already pitted his wits against the best. But the longer the fight went on, I was just routing for Danny to finish him.

Audley needs to quit. He didn't go for Danny once.

As for Amir Kahn - what a genius. That boy is going places. He was just absolutely sensational again. I really am starting to believe this kid can really become every belt holder going.

ReputationRep:
    How fat is Danny Williams, 19stone 6lbs at 6ft 1. Think he needs to lay off the pies before the next fight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    How fat is Danny Williams, 19stone 6lbs at 6ft 1. Think he needs to lay off the pies before the next fight.
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    say it to his face

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jason01)
    Does it actually help you build up muscles?
    dunno...ive never used it for any sort of training. i know the literature that comes with it talks about it helping with "toning" muscles and helping with things like arthritis.

in truth i, and a few classmates, bought one each after another guy in class got one and we all enjoyed trying to beat each others top score. im up to about 12500RPM but the world record holder has over 16000. dunno how he does it. video of his record: http://www.powerballs.com/akis16218.wmv

ReputationRep:
    They look well good. Going to get my brother one for xmas now... cheers

ReputationRep:
    Freddie it is!
    I'm disappointed that Mourinho got the coach award

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure plenty of people have, he was so out of condition it was a joke, audley harrison is 4 inches taller and 1.5stone lighter, and he wasn't in amazing shape.

Both of them were knackered from round 2 pretty much, really was a joke.

ReputationRep:
    well his stamina is 10 times more than urs, he works hard, and if u have ever boxed you would be finshed in the first 50 secs, williams works very hard and i rate him higly, think he will beat skelton and beat hasim rahman and become the world champion

ReputationRep:
    The world title scene is so weak at the moment its is a joke. I can't see Williams beating Rahman, his conditioning was terrible although he is probably the best Britian has to offer. As for Harrison he is just not aggresive enough and dosen't have a powerful punch. I don't see him going much further.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamlan)
    Freddie it is!
    Just because he beat Benitez for it?

I would have though Andy Murray would have got at least third though in the top 3, not too keen on MacArthur tbh

(Original post by jamlan)
    Freddie it is!
    Hardly the best coach in the country, but you can't say he doesn't have 'personality'... he just needs a transplant, god bless him. I'd have thought Fletch would have won it, but swings and roundabouts. As for the actual winner, imo should've been Freddie, Murray, McArthur (in that order).

ReputationRep:
    harrison slaps and holds on all the time, and i admit williams gotta lose some of that weight but i think he works very hard and deserves a title shot

ReputationRep:
    Tell us what u think trouttrout

ReputationRep:
    I was there!! wooo

ReputationRep:
    Both 'fighters' were a colossal joke - what a farce. It is extremely sad and a bad/sad day for boxing if Williams does become world whatever...the fight was dreadful with Harrison's stupid little jabs then coming back, hardly a punch connecting with Williams other than his little baby punches to his gloves or what have you...its very unprofessional, people pay decent sum of money and theres no excuse for William's lack of finesse, disgraceful - both should be ashamed themselves to produce such CRÁP, in front of so many viewers and the unfortunate souls who paid to go to the live event and watch such mediocrity - that word is even generous..

As for Khan, fantastic, absolutely fantastic, you can see he's extremely committed, perhaps he feels some good motivation b/c of his personal goal to hang up his gloves come the age of 26...but what will he do from 26 onwards? It may be a wise decision, to avoid knocks...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liverpool)
    well his stamina is 10 times more than urs, he works hard, and if u have ever boxed you would be finshed in the first 50 secs, williams works very hard and i rate him higly, think he will beat skelton and beat hasim rahman and become the world champion
    If you think that then you are out of your mind. His stamina may be ten times better than the average person, but it's not the average person he has to fight is it. It's people who do this for a living, so if he does fight Skelton or Rahman, he knows they'll be in shape and he has to do the same thing. He won't even get past Skelton, let alone be allowed to fight anybody good

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.