The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

jason01
Does it actually help you build up muscles?

dunno...ive never used it for any sort of training. i know the literature that comes with it talks about it helping with "toning" muscles and helping with things like arthritis.

in truth i, and a few classmates, bought one each after another guy in class got one and we all enjoyed trying to beat each others top score. im up to about 12500RPM but the world record holder has over 16000. dunno how he does it. video of his record: http://www.powerballs.com/akis16218.wmv
They look well good. Going to get my brother one for xmas now... cheers
Reply 8022
Freddie it is!
I'm disappointed that Mourinho got the coach award :frown:
Reply 8023
I'm sure plenty of people have, he was so out of condition it was a joke, audley harrison is 4 inches taller and 1.5stone lighter, and he wasn't in amazing shape.

Both of them were knackered from round 2 pretty much, really was a joke.
well his stamina is 10 times more than urs, he works hard, and if u have ever boxed you would be finshed in the first 50 secs, williams works very hard and i rate him higly, think he will beat skelton and beat hasim rahman and become the world champion
Reply 8025
The world title scene is so weak at the moment its is a joke. I can't see Williams beating Rahman, his conditioning was terrible although he is probably the best Britian has to offer. As for Harrison he is just not aggresive enough and dosen't have a powerful punch. I don't see him going much further.
jamlan
Freddie it is!

Just because he beat Benitez for it?

I would have though Andy Murray would have got at least third though in the top 3, not too keen on MacArthur tbh
Reply 8027
jamlan
Freddie it is!

Hardly the best coach in the country, but you can't say he doesn't have 'personality'... he just needs a transplant, god bless him. I'd have thought Fletch would have won it, but swings and roundabouts. As for the actual winner, imo should've been Freddie, Murray, McArthur (in that order).
harrison slaps and holds on all the time, and i admit williams gotta lose some of that weight but i think he works very hard and deserves a title shot
Reply 8029
Tell us what u think trouttrout
I was there!! wooo
Both 'fighters' were a colossal joke - what a farce. It is extremely sad and a bad/sad day for boxing if Williams does become world whatever...the fight was dreadful with Harrison's stupid little jabs then coming back, hardly a punch connecting with Williams other than his little baby punches to his gloves or what have you...its very unprofessional, people pay decent sum of money and theres no excuse for William's lack of finesse, disgraceful - both should be ashamed themselves to produce such CRÁP, in front of so many viewers and the unfortunate souls who paid to go to the live event and watch such mediocrity - that word is even generous..

As for Khan, fantastic, absolutely fantastic, you can see he's extremely committed, perhaps he feels some good motivation b/c of his personal goal to hang up his gloves come the age of 26...but what will he do from 26 onwards? It may be a wise decision, to avoid knocks...
liverpool
well his stamina is 10 times more than urs, he works hard, and if u have ever boxed you would be finshed in the first 50 secs, williams works very hard and i rate him higly, think he will beat skelton and beat hasim rahman and become the world champion

If you think that then you are out of your mind. His stamina may be ten times better than the average person, but it's not the average person he has to fight is it. It's people who do this for a living, so if he does fight Skelton or Rahman, he knows they'll be in shape and he has to do the same thing. He won't even get past Skelton, let alone be allowed to fight anybody good
car bomb01
Hey i was just wondering if i could get some advice. I fancy starting some martial arts, preferably like ju jitsu, and was just wonderin if anyone knows of anywhere it is offered in Newcastle-upon-Tyne or in the surrounding area. Cheers

If it's a more self protection orientated activity as opposed to a sport that you want check out The Self Defence Federation (UK) Run by Dave Turton or the British Combat Association run by Geoff Thompson and Peter Consterdine. 3 of the most prominent self protection exponents in the UK
if hes not good then how did he become pro?

how did he have a title match

if hes not good then how do you expext someone like to fight for the WORLD title which people like mohammed ali fighted for, if your telling me hes not a good fighter your out of your mind.

and skelton is crap and you will see williams batter him, and he only lost 4 mathes and 1 has been to the VERY GOOD fighter KLITCHKO.

so dont say hes not good,maybe that fight was not good but you cant say he aint good after 1 fight.
liverpool
if hes not good then how did he become pro?

how did he have a title match

if hes not good then how do you expext someone like to fight for the WORLD title which people like mohammed ali fighted for, if your telling me hes not a good fighter your out of your mind.

and skelton is crap and you will see williams batter him, and he only lost 4 mathes and 1 has been to the VERY GOOD fighter KLITCHKO.

so dont say hes not good,maybe that fight was not good but you cant say he aint good after 1 fight.

You're missing my point. Good boxers win titles, excite the crowd etc, he does nothing. Commonwealth champion? Because no one of any substance would fight for that. How on earth can you possibly compare Muhammed Ali to Danny Williams? Danny Williams fought for the title because he beat a washed up Mike Tyson (Who battered him for first two rounds) and then got a shot at it. He fought Klitschko and got taught a boxing lesson. He's only fighting for titles because the heavyweight division is garbage and the fighters in it aren't very good. He may be a 'good fighter' but I have seen no evidence of that. I've seen a lot of his fights and he displays no boxing talent whatsoever, he's a brawler, swings for the fences and hopes to connect. When he fights a good technical boxer i.e. Klitschko, he gets mauled.
Reply 8036
Any advice on general fitness and how to motivate myself to get going? Have no local gym, pool or other such sports facilities. Already do fencing as much as possible and compete at UK level, also go hillwalking (10-30km at a time, climbing up to 2,500-4,000 ft) about once every 2-3 weeks.
Running? There's no real way to motivate yourself to get going, you just have to get out the front door really, that's the hardest part.

There's lot of stuff you can do at home such as yoga which is extremely under-rated as a fitness technique.
Reply 8038
Iscariot
Running? There's no real way to motivate yourself to get going, you just have to get out the front door really, that's the hardest part.

There's lot of stuff you can do at home such as yoga which is extremely under-rated as a fitness technique.

I have actually thought about running and the problem has always been, as you said "...get out the front door..."
Man, how you fluked the Ashes amazes me. The pace attack is limited, good only on green tops. Major licks have been distributed amongst the England camp, courtesy of the Pakistan team.

353! Damn....

Those 6's off Razzaq's bat were humiliating.

Latest