The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8520
come on roddick!!!!!! i want him to win the aussie open dammit!!

dont really like murray....even tho i agree that the media does put too much pressure on him...its like he's usin that as an excuse just because he lost! he's been usin the media just like any other player would since he's come into the limelight....
pratikv
I hate Geoffrey Boycott, however I'm sure Imran Khan will be good!

He's not so bad, a typical cynical Brit. :biggrin:
rozzy
come on roddick!!!!!! i want him to win the aussie open dammit!!

dont really like murray....even tho i agree that the media does put too much pressure on him...its like he's usin that as an excuse just because he lost! he's been usin the media just like any other player would since he's come into the limelight....

using it as an excuse? I wouldnt go along with that....the bloke is a winner full stop. He just wants to get along with his business, be a professional - its high time the media did the same - half the people writing reports have probably never picked up a tennis racket in their life so they should just stfu.
Reply 8523
bikerx23
I dont despise him - he's a fantastic player, but he might not have got his priorities right.

having met them both though, I do despise henson - stupid taffy nonce.

I agree. Saying that, the difference between Healey and Henson is that Healey can at times be funny. Also doesn't always take himself seriously- often makes tongue-in-cheek comments. Henson always sounds like he believes the rubbish he comes out with.

Actually, after watching the game vs Clermont yesterday, my dad made the interesting comment that Healey might make a good ref once he retires. He'd have a good sense of humour and good rapport with the players. Any thoughts on that?

On a slightly different topic...is it true that Stephen Jones has signed up for Llanelli?! I'm hoping thats just the papers getting it wrong, I know he'd had offers from various clubs but I was quite suprised at hear that he'd made a definite decision, and going back to Llanelli at that! :confused:
i dont see why he wouldn't want to go back there - especially since there are people finally pushing for his place and ruddock wants welsh players to play in wales - stupid i know.

I think healey is more likely to go into managing than reffing - reffing isn't that well paid...
Reply 8525
bikerx23
i dont see why he wouldn't want to go back there - especially since there are people finally pushing for his place and ruddock wants welsh players to play in wales - stupid i know.

I think healey is more likely to go into managing than reffing - reffing isn't that well paid...

Hmm..I think Jonesy is being a bit of a fool- he's improved so much over his time in France, and Clermont play much better with him in the side, so it works both ways (plus he'll be getting a higher salary in france no doubt). The welsh players staying in wales is deffo rubbish- they'll be playing a much higher standard of rugby in the premiership or france, and it also gives them a chance to get out of the "goldfish bowl" of south wales rugby. Just look at Gareth Thomas, he's another one who's flourished with club rugby in france. Ah well, what do I know? If he's happier in Llanelli then I guess he should go there, I'm just disappointed he didn't want to stick with france- I love having an excuse to watch them play
tis_me_lord
He's not so bad, a typical cynical Brit. :biggrin:

He has the most boring voice in the world! Plus, he doesn't make any sense, and always exaggerates loads, for example he'd start off saying something like 'Someone's going to have to make a big hundred, maybe 150, 200, perhaps 400, 800, so basically if Lara makes 1000 not out, the West Indies have a chance for a draw!' - the guy is an idiot!
Reply 8527
ocelotrevs
I don't think it was the same day, but the week or something. But I guess that rallying isn't as big as football. Plus Richard Burns wasn't gossip fodder.
RIP Burnsie.

No it was the same day, 25th November. It was a shame that such a great sportsman didn't get the acknowledgement that he deserved on his death, all due to him dying a few hours after Georgie :frown:
Does any one here know much about motocross? I remember when I was a little girl wanting a little motorbike. Now I am a big girl I could always get one :smile:
Reply 8529
pratikv
He has the most boring voice in the world! Plus, he doesn't make any sense, and always exaggerates loads, for example he'd start off saying something like 'Someone's going to have to make a big hundred, maybe 150, 200, perhaps 400, 800, so basically if Lara makes 1000 not out, the West Indies have a chance for a draw!' - the guy is an idiot!

Couldnt Possibly Agree more >? :biggrin: !

I mean the guy is so unproffessional !

My mum could bowl/bat better ! Now the number of times he has said that is remarkable a fan or an ordinary supporter makes such comments not a former player and current commentator :biggrin: !

Makes you think of his limited use of the English language :biggrin: !
Reply 8530
you can call him anything, but boycott is certainly not boring :smile: He stirs things up a bit which is what we all like (and he constantly interupts sanjay mandhrekar which is also good :biggrin:).
Boycott is my favourite commentator. I love him because he says it as it is, no beating around the bush. If someone's good, he's good, if he's rubbish, you won't hear Geoffrey saying he's good. :wink:
Haha, Roddick got beat in 4 by Baghdatis.
Reply 8533
Regarding Boycott yes he says what he watches but in a patronising way !

Laxman Gone Plum Not Given !

Typical of Rudi ! Talk about Buffons on an 'elite' panel !

All commentators Indian or Not saw It :biggrin: !

How many more times ! HIm and Hair complete BUffons ! :biggrin:
Pakistan!!!!
stratomaster
Haha, Roddick got beat in 4 by Baghdatis.

had baghdatis played the way he did against Roddick...but been playing Federer instead - would he have perhaps beaten Fed or at least taken him to 5 sets?
I didnt see the game, nor have i seen any - i dont have digital thingy @ my house at uni, nor do i have any special channels - it really sucks big fat donkey balls, bring on Wimbledon.

Things like this happen - outstanding results...shocks are always on the cards.
Reply 8536
teenageclay
well I'm 5ft2 dunno but my family is quite small
Well the usual advice is not to do heavy weight training until you have stopped growing (I think). I have also read you can stunt your growth if you do. Try to google it.
Reply 8537
Well I don't ride professionally but we've been brought up with all kinds of motor bikes and I have a little 125 Crosser. Love riding it. My dad's into his BIG bikes at the moment rather than M.X. He has a SPI 1000 :biggrin: Beast!
cool!!!!! I dont know much about them but I bet they cost more than youd think
Get rid of Hair and Rudi! :angry: :evil:

Latest