Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm so happy! I get to watch India vs Pakistan tonight, as opposed to having to read it off Cricinfo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pratikv)
    I'm so happy! I get to watch India vs Pakistan tonight, as opposed to having to read it off Cricinfo.
    Lucky you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnsonimrodgd)
    Cheers for the random pos rep on this thread. Apparently 'I'm hot' but all the posters here are male so I'm getting a bit worried.
    :rofl: :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    Where d'ya get it from then?

--------------

oh, btw Asif is said to be in for Sami for this test.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socrates)
    Where d'ya get it from then?

--------------

oh, btw Asif is said to be in for Sami for this test.
    A group of my friends at Uni have ARY for some absolutely bizarre reason! So, I'm going over to theirs at 4.45am to watch it.

ReputationRep:
    A group of my friends at Uni have ARY for some absolutely bizarre reason! So, I'm going over to theirs at 4.45am to watch it.
    nothing to do with the cricket?! :p:

yeah...ARY have actually sorted themselves out, and they've got Geoff Boycott and Imran Khan for analysis. Should be good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socrates)
    nothing to do with the cricket?! :p:

yeah...ARY have actually sorted themselves out, and they've got Geoff Boycott and Imran Khan for analysis. Should be good.
    I hate Geoffrey Boycott, however I'm sure Imran Khan will be good!

ReputationRep:
    come on roddick!!!!!! i want him to win the aussie open dammit!!

dont really like murray....even tho i agree that the media does put too much pressure on him...its like he's usin that as an excuse just because he lost! he's been usin the media just like any other player would since he's come into the limelight....

I hate Geoffrey Boycott, however I'm sure Imran Khan will be good!
    He's not so bad, a typical cynical Brit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rozzy)
    come on roddick!!!!!! i want him to win the aussie open dammit!!

dont really like murray....even tho i agree that the media does put too much pressure on him...its like he's usin that as an excuse just because he lost! he's been usin the media just like any other player would since he's come into the limelight....
    using it as an excuse? I wouldnt go along with that....the bloke is a winner full stop. He just wants to get along with his business, be a professional - its high time the media did the same - half the people writing reports have probably never picked up a tennis racket in their life so they should just stfu.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    I dont despise him - he's a fantastic player, but he might not have got his priorities right.

having met them both though, I do despise henson - stupid taffy nonce.
    I agree. Saying that, the difference between Healey and Henson is that Healey can at times be funny. Also doesn't always take himself seriously- often makes tongue-in-cheek comments. Henson always sounds like he believes the rubbish he comes out with.

Actually, after watching the game vs Clermont yesterday, my dad made the interesting comment that Healey might make a good ref once he retires. He'd have a good sense of humour and good rapport with the players. Any thoughts on that?

On a slightly different topic...is it true that Stephen Jones has signed up for Llanelli?! I'm hoping thats just the papers getting it wrong, I know he'd had offers from various clubs but I was quite suprised at hear that he'd made a definite decision, and going back to Llanelli at that! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    i dont see why he wouldn't want to go back there - especially since there are people finally pushing for his place and ruddock wants welsh players to play in wales - stupid i know.

I think healey is more likely to go into managing than reffing - reffing isn't that well paid...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    i dont see why he wouldn't want to go back there - especially since there are people finally pushing for his place and ruddock wants welsh players to play in wales - stupid i know.

I think healey is more likely to go into managing than reffing - reffing isn't that well paid...
    Hmm..I think Jonesy is being a bit of a fool- he's improved so much over his time in France, and Clermont play much better with him in the side, so it works both ways (plus he'll be getting a higher salary in france no doubt). The welsh players staying in wales is deffo rubbish- they'll be playing a much higher standard of rugby in the premiership or france, and it also gives them a chance to get out of the "goldfish bowl" of south wales rugby. Just look at Gareth Thomas, he's another one who's flourished with club rugby in france. Ah well, what do I know? If he's happier in Llanelli then I guess he should go there, I'm just disappointed he didn't want to stick with france- I love having an excuse to watch them play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    He's not so bad, a typical cynical Brit.
    He has the most boring voice in the world! Plus, he doesn't make any sense, and always exaggerates loads, for example he'd start off saying something like 'Someone's going to have to make a big hundred, maybe 150, 200, perhaps 400, 800, so basically if Lara makes 1000 not out, the West Indies have a chance for a draw!' - the guy is an idiot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ocelotrevs)
    I don't think it was the same day, but the week or something. But I guess that rallying isn't as big as football. Plus Richard Burns wasn't gossip fodder.
    RIP Burnsie.
    No it was the same day, 25th November. It was a shame that such a great sportsman didn't get the acknowledgement that he deserved on his death, all due to him dying a few hours after Georgie

ReputationRep:
    Does any one here know much about motocross? I remember when I was a little girl wanting a little motorbike. Now I am a big girl I could always get one

ReputationRep:
    He has the most boring voice in the world! Plus, he doesn't make any sense, and always exaggerates loads, for example he'd start off saying something like 'Someone's going to have to make a big hundred, maybe 150, 200, perhaps 400, 800, so basically if Lara makes 1000 not out, the West Indies have a chance for a draw!' - the guy is an idiot!
    Couldnt Possibly Agree more >? !

I mean the guy is so unproffessional !

My mum could bowl/bat better ! Now the number of times he has said that is remarkable a fan or an ordinary supporter makes such comments not a former player and current commentator !

Makes you think of his limited use of the English language !

ReputationRep:
    you can call him anything, but boycott is certainly not boring He stirs things up a bit which is what we all like (and he constantly interupts sanjay mandhrekar which is also good ).

ReputationRep:
    Boycott is my favourite commentator. I love him because he says it as it is, no beating around the bush. If someone's good, he's good, if he's rubbish, you won't hear Geoffrey saying he's good.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, Roddick got beat in 4 by Baghdatis.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.