The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Offense will carry them through the regular season, but when it comes to the post-season, history will hopefully and most likely repeat itself again.
Look at the last WS. The Astros had a far superior pitching side and lost 4-0. Although Pettite probably only sucked because he kept on trying to hit AJ and kept missing!

--------------

How can anyone call the Cardinals a team? They are a complete 2 man band (Chris Carpener and Pujols)
Machiavellian
Look at the last WS. The Astros had a far superior pitching side and lost 4-0. Although Pettite probably only sucked because he kept on trying to hit AJ and kept missing!

--------------

How can anyone call the Cardinals a team? They are a complete 2 man band (Chris Carpener and Pujols)

Astros didn't hit a whole load, they had little offense. Pitching won't win it alone unless the other side have no pitching, but Chicago had great pitching also and they pitched great during the World Series.

To win in the post season, you either need great hitting and great pitching (the ideal), great pitching with mediocre hitting but opponents have poor pitching though possibly good hitters, or awesome hitting but your opponent doesn't hit and has poor pitching. In which case if both is bad they won't get there probably. Astros got to the World Series on the strength of their pitching and hitting that at times was good, as it had been in the second half to get them there, but it went cold during the World Series and Chicago was hot, I have to admit I didn't watch all of the world series it was too much pain for a hometown boy. :frown:
Who do you think will win Superbowl XL?
Federer has just beaten Davydenko in four sets but looking at the stats he played crap again. He hit over 50 unforced errors again which by his standards is shocking. Another example of how Federer pulls out the class when he needs it.

Hingis lost to Clijsters in 3-sets, a very impressive comeback :frown:
I cant believe I never saw this thread before. I follow all tennis religiously, I love it! I just came from exam to see that the amazing Hingis run has ended, she really has done great! I saw her Benesova and Zvonareva matches and she was on form! Zvonareva is a complete crackpot though I really dont like her she has seriosu issues....
I am also megaly impressed with the Bagdhatis run, he has done really really well to def. roddick and ljubo - both huge servers!
Jog.Ra.Fee.
I cant believe I never saw this thread before. I follow all tennis religiously, I love it! I just came from exam to see that the amazing Hingis run has ended, she really has done great! I saw her Benesova and Zvonareva matches and she was on form! Zvonareva is a complete crackpot though I really dont like her she has seriosu issues....
I am also megaly impressed with the Bagdhatis run, he has done really really well to def. roddick and ljubo - both huge servers!

I follow it religiously as well :smile:. Zvonareva definitely has problems but shes not the only one. I hope Baghdatis beats Nalbandian.
I hope he does too, he is such a great character - not a tennis lemon

Do you know Koukalova? I am guessing you do if you follow it religiously, she is also pretty insane. She screams and shouts and even when she wwins games she is cursing and what not...

Do you ever post on wtaworld.com and menstennisforums.com? They are ace tennis forums, some on there are crackers and obsessives but the majority are nice
Tennis warehouse forum is the best one, some people on there have 5.0 NTRP ratings! or whatever you call it..
stratomaster
Tennis warehouse forum is the best one, some people on there have 5.0 NTRP ratings! or whatever you call it..

Hmm interesting i will bear that site in mind. I'm pretty handy with a tennis racket myself so hmm i'll have a look on that site, maybe start posting.

Im just curious to know what peoples standards are on here? ex county? club, mens 1st/2nd/3rd, womens 1st/2nd/3rd?
Reply 8590
wizard
Hmm interesting i will bear that site in mind. I'm pretty handy with a tennis racket myself so hmm i'll have a look on that site, maybe start posting.

Im just curious to know what peoples standards are on here? ex county? club, mens 1st/2nd/3rd, womens 1st/2nd/3rd?

Heh. Does knocking around at the local courts every couple of weeks with a friend count? :wink: :redface:
Raindance
Heh. Does knocking around at the local courts every couple of weeks with a friend count? :wink: :redface:

Lol same here, i play most sundays and monday/thursday if i dont have much school work

--------------

wizard

wtaworld and menstennisforums are soooooooooo much better
Reply 8592
I saw the game, was a pretty sick sight.
ok sure. Just interesting to see what people play etc...
Wizard I know this sounds ridiculous, but they guy in the avatar looks like someone familiar! Who actually is it?
If your not being sarcastic, its Samuel L Jackson.
LMAO it is? It is sooooooooooooooooo unclear on the comp, I wasnt been sarcastic and the face looked familiar :tongue:;:
Jog.Ra.Fee.
I hope he does too, he is such a great character - not a tennis lemon

Do you know Koukalova? I am guessing you do if you follow it religiously, she is also pretty insane. She screams and shouts and even when she wwins games she is cursing and what not...

Do you ever post on wtaworld.com and menstennisforums.com? They are ace tennis forums, some on there are crackers and obsessives but the majority are nice

Dont follow WTA so closely but I do know about Koukalova.

Always read menstennisforums :smile: but wtaworld is nowhere near as good. I thought I followed tennis religiously and then you take a look on there. Some really knowledgable people.

--------------

wizard

Did used to play a lot at a club but was never really good enough to play at county level. Used to be in the 1st pair for my old school but only play once a week socially at uni now.
Economist
Dont follow WTA so closely but I do know about Koukalova.

Always read menstennisforums :smile: but wtaworld is nowhere near as good. I thought I followed tennis religiously and then you take a look on there. Some really knowledgable people.

I am the opposite, I follow womens more, and think wtaworld is so much better, mtf is like a graveyard. But atm, i cant post on there because i went and got myself a two month ban :laugh: :rolleyes:
Jog.Ra.Fee.
I am the opposite, I follow womens more, and think wtaworld is so much better, mtf is like a graveyard. But atm, i cant post on there because i went and got myself a two month ban :laugh: :rolleyes:

lol what for?

Latest