Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm a yankees fan myself and although i wouldn't mind seeing another subway series , i cant see it happening. I doubt the yanks have enough pitching iat the moment(unless they make trades), and it doesn't seem to matter who the mets acquire, chances are they wont win more then 85-90 games and lose the division to the braves(again). As a baseball fan it would be fitting for the cubs to win it this year after the two previous years has seen the bosox and white sox end their long "curses"

ReputationRep:
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-74320357840087137&q=parkour
    watch this for more information

ReputationRep:
    Second-highest ever, yea... Kobe starting to get on form, again... He hasn't been as good lately since Shaq left

ReputationRep:
    i know there is an event like this happening in sheffield in the next few weeks, are they linked?

ReputationRep:
    cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spud)
    Go Mets !!!

It was 2003, btw, when the now infamous Steve Bartman beat Alou to the ball - not nice for anyone involved - except the Marlins!

Mets should be good this year, after some awesome acquisitions: Delgado, Lo Duca, Wagner. All we need is Beltran to pick it up a notch, and a surprisingly good year from the Victor Diaz/Tike Redman/Xavier Nady platoon in RF. The bullpen should be so much better, and Zambrano is the only weak starter.
    Well I only became addicted to baseball in 2004 season but heard about this and i remember them always showing it on five.tv baseball! when I found out it was the cubs he screwed over I was so annnoyed espcially after finding out they had not one it for 80+ years at the time

--------------

(Original post by saint_nic)
    I'm a yankees fan myself and although i wouldn't mind seeing another subway series , i cant see it happening. I doubt the yanks have enough pitching iat the moment(unless they make trades), and it doesn't seem to matter who the mets acquire, chances are they wont win more then 85-90 games and lose the division to the braves(again). As a baseball fan it would be fitting for the cubs to win it this year after the two previous years has seen the bosox and white sox end their long "curses"
    The cubs have improved the roster for this season in my opinion. How they do really depends on how fit the starters as well as the first team line-up stay. Juan Pierre I think shall come in very handy and shall hopefully be getting a whole load of base hits ready for the arrival of Derrek and Artemis on the plate something they lacked this year.

I still think the class of the field shall be the cards though so at best i can only see the cubs getting through on the wildcard then again two seasons running now the wildcard has come from the central division.

ReputationRep:
    I agree, the Yankees pitching side is weak- only one decent starter, Tom Gordon gone, but the batting lineup is so strong, I don;t think that will matter. The Yankees play like man. united- they concede a lot of runs, but they score even more.

ReputationRep:
    Offense will carry them through the regular season, but when it comes to the post-season, history will hopefully and most likely repeat itself again.

ReputationRep:
    Look at the last WS. The Astros had a far superior pitching side and lost 4-0. Although Pettite probably only sucked because he kept on trying to hit AJ and kept missing!

--------------

How can anyone call the Cardinals a team? They are a complete 2 man band (Chris Carpener and Pujols)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Machiavellian)
    Look at the last WS. The Astros had a far superior pitching side and lost 4-0. Although Pettite probably only sucked because he kept on trying to hit AJ and kept missing!

--------------

How can anyone call the Cardinals a team? They are a complete 2 man band (Chris Carpener and Pujols)
    Astros didn't hit a whole load, they had little offense. Pitching won't win it alone unless the other side have no pitching, but Chicago had great pitching also and they pitched great during the World Series.

To win in the post season, you either need great hitting and great pitching (the ideal), great pitching with mediocre hitting but opponents have poor pitching though possibly good hitters, or awesome hitting but your opponent doesn't hit and has poor pitching. In which case if both is bad they won't get there probably. Astros got to the World Series on the strength of their pitching and hitting that at times was good, as it had been in the second half to get them there, but it went cold during the World Series and Chicago was hot, I have to admit I didn't watch all of the world series it was too much pain for a hometown boy.

ReputationRep:
    Who do you think will win Superbowl XL?

ReputationRep:
    Federer has just beaten Davydenko in four sets but looking at the stats he played crap again. He hit over 50 unforced errors again which by his standards is shocking. Another example of how Federer pulls out the class when he needs it.

Hingis lost to Clijsters in 3-sets, a very impressive comeback

ReputationRep:
    I cant believe I never saw this thread before. I follow all tennis religiously, I love it! I just came from exam to see that the amazing Hingis run has ended, she really has done great! I saw her Benesova and Zvonareva matches and she was on form! Zvonareva is a complete crackpot though I really dont like her she has seriosu issues....
    I am also megaly impressed with the Bagdhatis run, he has done really really well to def. roddick and ljubo - both huge servers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jog.Ra.Fee.)
    I cant believe I never saw this thread before. I follow all tennis religiously, I love it! I just came from exam to see that the amazing Hingis run has ended, she really has done great! I saw her Benesova and Zvonareva matches and she was on form! Zvonareva is a complete crackpot though I really dont like her she has seriosu issues....
    I am also megaly impressed with the Bagdhatis run, he has done really really well to def. roddick and ljubo - both huge servers!
    I follow it religiously as well . Zvonareva definitely has problems but shes not the only one. I hope Baghdatis beats Nalbandian.

ReputationRep:
    I hope he does too, he is such a great character - not a tennis lemon

Do you know Koukalova? I am guessing you do if you follow it religiously, she is also pretty insane. She screams and shouts and even when she wwins games she is cursing and what not...

Do you ever post on wtaworld.com and menstennisforums.com? They are ace tennis forums, some on there are crackers and obsessives but the majority are nice

ReputationRep:
    Tennis warehouse forum is the best one, some people on there have 5.0 NTRP ratings! or whatever you call it..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stratomaster)
    Tennis warehouse forum is the best one, some people on there have 5.0 NTRP ratings! or whatever you call it..
    Hmm interesting i will bear that site in mind. I'm pretty handy with a tennis racket myself so hmm i'll have a look on that site, maybe start posting.

Im just curious to know what peoples standards are on here? ex county? club, mens 1st/2nd/3rd, womens 1st/2nd/3rd?

(Original post by wizard)
    Hmm interesting i will bear that site in mind. I'm pretty handy with a tennis racket myself so hmm i'll have a look on that site, maybe start posting.

Im just curious to know what peoples standards are on here? ex county? club, mens 1st/2nd/3rd, womens 1st/2nd/3rd?
    Heh. Does knocking around at the local courts every couple of weeks with a friend count?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raindance)
    Heh. Does knocking around at the local courts every couple of weeks with a friend count?
    Lol same here, i play most sundays and monday/thursday if i dont have much school work

--------------

(Original post by wizard)

wtaworld and menstennisforums are soooooooooo much better

ReputationRep:
    I saw the game, was a pretty sick sight.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.