The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

morning :yawn: i havw my induction at Alworths today, excited but kinda nervous :woo:
Reply 3141
Oooh good luck Euge!
Reply 3142
Good luck Euge, you'll do fine. :smile:
8 eugenius
morning :yawn: i havw my induction at Alworths today, excited but kinda nervous :woo:

Good luck dear
:hugs:
morning all
thanks all :hugs: i better be off :ciao:
Reply 3145
I've surpassed the 10 months barrier on A-P it seems, and by a considerable margin. Probably a combination of including Doraemon (technically the first series I've seen, not Sailor Moon, but I was only around 5-7, so I didn't bother including it) and that I've included an episode count for every series I've stalled and dropped.
Reply 3146
8 eugenius
thanks all :hugs: i better be off :ciao:

See you. :hugs:
Matisse
I've surpassed the 10 months barrier on A-P it seems, and by a considerable margin. Probably a combination of including Doraemon (technically the first series I've seen, not Sailor Moon, but I was only around 5-7, so I didn't bother including it) and that I've included an episode count for every series I've stalled and dropped.

WOW, well congrats!
Never realized quite how much anime you have seen Aiko-sama
Reply 3148
Matisse

:gah: Suppose thats only to be expected since you've been watching anime most of your life :giggle:
Reply 3149
Atherilia
WOW, well congrats!
Never realized quite how much anime you have seen Aiko-sama

Thank you, Ath. I'm not sure whether I had surpassed it recently or for some time, I had only just noticed. :o: :p:

caraniel
:gah: Suppose thats only to be expected since you've been watching anime most of your life :giggle:

Technically, I actively started watching anime and reading manga when I was 15, which was 11 years ago. Prior to that, I only followed Sailor Moon (and some Ranma 1/2). I remember waking up at 7 to record each episode on VHS, even though I would watch it when it was airing anyway. :biggrin: :tongue:
Reply 3150
:hahaha:
Reply 3151
Actually, reflecting back, prior to 15, in addition to Sailor Moon, I did begin to watch Space Battleship Yamato when I was 13, and was introduced to the mecha genre when I was 14 with MS Gundam and SDF Macross. I remember going to the video rental (rentarubideo) every week with my Mother to get something new. Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind was my first Ghibli movie, which I saw when I was about to hit 15 (I think). However, I think the pinnacle moment when my obsession kicked in was when I saw and read Akira. That changed my entire perception, especially the manga series. I then saw Neon Genesis Evangelion, which lead to an explosion. This is why I always remember that time the most, 15 to 17, where I would literally watch everything from the video rental/retailer I could get ahold of, quite literally. By the time I was 18, I had already watched and read a lot. I then stopped when I moved to the UK, but resumed when I was 19 going on 20. It's been fairly consistent from that point, only occasionally stopping... It's crazy to think I've seen as much as I have, but when you consider that I used to actively follow 30 series or more each season, it does have a way of mounting up. I also like to watch anything I haven't seen, not exclusively those that are broadcasting. When broadband became available, that also changed the way I accessed anime and manga. I didn't need to rely on renting out videos, it made everything a lot easier.

Anyway, this is probably boring all of you, it's just nostalgic for me. :o:
Reply 3152
It isn't boring, I'm always interested in finding out how people started watching anime and where they went from there. :yes:
Reply 3154
Juno

You don't have to rub it in. I'm the obsessive type. I'm the same with fashion, but arguably worse, considering I've spent a lot more money. I have over 300 heels and flats, mostly heels, that I never wear. :p:
Reply 3155
For me I was a casual viewer from I was 16, just watching what ever was on TV (yes I watched dubs :laugh:), the net was only in its infancy back then and I had no clue about fansubs or anything like that. When I went to uni my interest was essentially put on hold as I was more interested in partying than anything else :laugh: However once I graduated I ended up with a lot of time on my hands and with a bit of surfing about the net I rekindled my interest in anime watching a ton of stuff on streaming, which then led onto discovering downloads and fansubs and then manga - yay for broadband! So the majority of my 'life spent on anime' is from the last 4-5 years :yes:
Reply 3156
Matisse
You don't have to rub it in. I'm the obsessive type. I'm the same with fashion, but arguably worse, considering I've spent a lot more money. I have over 300 heels and flats, mostly heels, that I never wear. :p:

I offer a sanctuary for unloved shoes...
Reply 3157
AngryJellyfish
It isn't boring, I'm always interested in finding out how people started watching anime and where they went from there. :yes:

I shall tell you my story then.

Um, I was drunk and PMed Cara asking for yaoi recommendations after a conversation with Coo. Then I watch Junjou because it was like my name so it must be good.
Juno
I shall tell you my story then.

Um, I was drunk and PMed Cara asking for yaoi recommendations after a conversation with Coo. Then I watch Junjou because it was like my name so it must be good.

Ah, so that's why you went for that series. I hadn't made the connection myself. :o:
Reply 3159
AngryJellyfish
Ah, so that's why you went for that series. I hadn't made the connection myself. :o:

And then I liked it

Latest