The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

gona play some pro evo :coma:
vin
I bet that would be a fun night :laugh:

oh yes lol :puke:
Reply 3842
I had a friend at university, originally from HK, who was looking for part-time work, but didn't have much luck. I suggested that he apply to Chinese restaurants, so we roamed around China Town in London, going from restaurant to restaurant, asking if they had any work available, to which one asked if he could start straightaway, at that precise moment. After that, I would often visit him when he was working because I was able to get a 50% discount. Too bad he left the job after a year, with no reason as to why. :sad:
Reply 3843
Matisse
I had a friend at university, originally from HK, who was looking for part-time work, but didn't have much luck. I suggested that he apply to Chinese restaurants, so we roamed around China Town in London, going from restaurant to restaurant, asking if they had any work available, to which one asked if he could start straightaway, at that precise moment. After that, I would often visit him when he was working because I was able to get a 50% discount. Too bad he left the job after a year, with no reason as to why. :sad:

Hi:puppyeyes:
Reply 3844
vin

Reply 3845
vin

Hi Vin-kin. :hugs:

Have you finished the Greed Island OVA yet? I'm surprised that Cara didn't like it that much. I enjoyed that arc, even though I was probably just glad to watch more Hunter x Hunter again. :giggle:
Reply 3846
Matisse
Hi Vin-kin. :hugs:

Have you finished the Greed Island OVA yet? I'm surprised that Cara didn't like it that much. I enjoyed that arc, even though I was probably just glad to watch more Hunter x Hunter again. :giggle:

no im about halfway, the bright colours make it all quite a contrast from the previous dark stuff:s-smilie:
Jehuty^

Hi jehu:hugs:
Reply 3847
I was going to go to work today - was up and dressed and everything........but then I fainted so decided that that wasnt a good idea and went back to bed :s-smilie:

I only have land kitty. Mine jumped on my laptop keyboard :mad:
It's a struggle to stay awake.
Hi AMF :poke: Why are you so tired?
Liquidus Zeromus
Hi AMF :poke: Why are you so tired?

Hey. :poke:

Trying to get back into a decent routine. Woke up at 1am. :p:

Going to watch Windaria soon. The cover for it on AniDB is making me somewhat curious.
Windaria is a pretty awesome film. :yes:
Reply 3853
AsakuraMinamiFan
Hey. :poke:

Trying to get back into a decent routine. Woke up at 1am. :p:

Going to watch Windaria soon. The cover for it on AniDB is making me somewhat curious.

Ouch :s-smilie: poor amf...I don't think I'd gone to bed at that time...what time did you go to sleep?
AngryJellyfish
Windaria is a pretty awesome film. :yes:

You rated it 4 stars, huh? :beard: I shall watch it and judge you righteously if it's not worthy of 4 stars. :p:

skipp
Ouch :s-smilie: poor amf...I don't think I'd gone to bed at that time...what time did you go to sleep?

Something like 10. I took 2 sleeping tablets but they failed rather miserably. :p:
Reply 3855
Hello Hello (haha now suffer the Curse known as Bono :evil: )

My brain won't wake up properly today which isn't good because it has meant I haven't been able to get my homework done properly. Though it might it might have something to do with me having accidentally stayed up rather late last night reading a new book :ninja:

I also just got my first offer from a uni :woo: though it was one of my lower choices I'm still glad they got back to me so quick, just waiting on the other 4 now 2 of which I know are currently looking through my application :smile:
Reply 3856
JWH
Hello Hello (haha now suffer the Curse known as Bono :evil: )

My brain won't wake up properly today which isn't good because it has meant I haven't been able to get my homework done properly. Though it might it might have something to do with me having accidentally stayed up rather late last night reading a new book :ninja:

I also just got my first offer from a uni :woo: though it was one of my lower choices I'm still glad they got back to me so quick, just waiting on the other 4 now 2 of which I know are currently looking through my application :smile:

Hey JWH :h: ... I do not appreciate the bono though :sad:
Which book was it that you were reading?
And well done!...I'm still in panic stage because I've sent my application to my referee and it's still in the 'your referee has not checked your application' 'your references have not been started' stage...wasn't so bad last year but I was still at school then :s-smilie: What course are you applying for/where?
Reply 3857
skipp
Hey JWH :h: ... I do not appreciate the bono though :sad:
Which book was it that you were reading?
And well done!...I'm still in panic stage because I've sent my application to my referee and it's still in the 'your referee has not checked your application' 'your references have not been started' stage...wasn't so bad last year but I was still at school then :s-smilie: What course are you applying for/where?

Alistair Reynolds The House of Suns.

The first thing my teacher asked me after I told her I had sent it off was for the bill :giggle:

I'm planning to study architecture and I have applied for Cardiff (unlikely to get in) Lincoln (my fav) Portsmouth( the one I got the offer from and what I'm planning to use as my insurance) and the other 2 don't really matter now Portsmouth have given me a offer. They were there just in case Portsmouth didn't give me a offer.
Reply 3858
JWH
Alistair Reynolds The House of Suns.

The first thing my teacher asked me after I told her I had sent it off was for the bill :giggle:

I'm planning to study architecture and I have applied for Cardiff (unlikely to get in) Lincoln (my fav) Portsmouth( the one I got the offer from and what I'm planning to use as my insurance) and the other 2 don't really matter now Portsmouth have given me a offer. They were there just in case Portsmouth didn't give me a offer.

Never read it...I'll look it up, and yes, paying the monies is important :yes: glad to hear you got an offer from Portsmouth...epecially seeing as it was one you liked...now just got to hope for Lincoln (or hogwarts) :wizard: Noticed I did pretty similar subjects to you :ninja: but wasn't sensible enough to apply for arcitecture, it's good you've found something you like where you can use all your different skills...hope it works out :yes: how have you found the subject combinaition so far?
Reply 3859
skipp
Never read it...I'll look it up, and yes, paying the monies is important :yes: glad to hear you got an offer from Portsmouth...epecially seeing as it was one you liked...now just got to hope for Lincoln (or hogwarts) :wizard: Noticed I did pretty similar subjects to you :ninja: but wasn't sensible enough to apply for arcitecture, it's good you've found something you like where you can use all your different skills...hope it works out :yes: how have you found the subject combinaition so far?

Art is fun (I'm also ahead with my work :proud: ), Physic's is scary and difficult :frown: , Electronic's is easy enough and Math I still haven't figured out why I am doing good at it this year.

Latest