The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

objectivism
Your defintion of 'inhumane' is arbitary. What about the human right to keep the fruits of your labour?

Slavery = No choice, but justied on the grounds that its ends justify it i.e that it was vital for wealth and the economy
Tax= No choice, but is justified on the grounds that it ends jusify it i.e 'free' education etc

Furthermore if you actually look at the comment that was made it was that EMA is good because it benefits the person. Slavery benefits the owner, but that does not make slavery right. My analogy was directed towards that comment which you should know.

You obviously haven't been doing much reserach. I believe all coerced tax to be theft. In fact there's a whole thread dedicated to the issue - 'is tax theft'.

i think you meant "arbitrary".your slavery crap is going nowhere; give it up.slavery wasnt justified because the ends justified the means- it was not vital for "wealth and economy"- which are the same thing, silly.slavery happened because of laziness and manipulation. They had no choice, but they didnt accept their situation thinking, oh well, at least its good for the british economy- which is what people who pay tax willingly think.
your "ema benefits the person" comment- what are you on about?slavery benefits the OWNER- therefore a different person.ema benefits the person- that person, not another person..any more little analogies?
objectivism
im never so ill as to need them.

Oh dear...
yeh, so much for them, mr pedantic.your spelling is often atrocious, and is not down to typo errors.look back, mate. incoherent?well an intelligent person could see through the fact i forgot to put an "i".the reason wont look is because, as i have finally stated in your godforsaken tax thread, you keep coming up with pathetic analogies, and churning out sutff you have read and pretensing they are from you.your arguments are not your own, you should write to these authors and get them to pay you for advertising.not that you're doing the best job at selling them.

Have you finally finshed you rant. Please talk about the issues, not personal jibes. I don't care what you think about me because your nothing to me.

i believe in freedom of speech, so people can protest all they want.i am not saying people cant protest against tax, but im saying people have to accept it by living here.just as we had to accept the war.so there, another little analogy of yours ruined.

Not so. Your point was that people by living in this coutry expect to pay tax. This does not make it right or make people think it is right, just like people accept the war but think it was wrong. Notice the difference.

and are you trying to tell me that people like you would give funding to unis to help poorer people?out of your own hard-earned precious money?if you hate it unwillingly, you wouldnt so it willingly.are you sayin the only reason you dont like tax is because you have to pay it? so if it was voluntary, you would pay it? whallever duuuude

Yes its a question of freedom and choice. Its about principles. People of course like money, but why? It feeds our ego's. So does donating to charity, thus if people had more money they would give more.
[QUOTE="HearTheThunder"]There's a big difference between giving a bit of your money to keep the country working and being forced into labour for no money at all.

Practically yes, morally no.

Yeah there's no choice but what's the alternative? I haven't read the tax theft thread yet so perhaps you could inform me what you would do instead of tax.

Go and read it. Stop being lazy.

I really don't see what's wrong... I get EMA, then I pay taxes, for other people to get EMA, it's a big circular flow.

Net benefits. Some end up giving more than receiving and vice vera.

When I pay taxes to give people EMA when I have a job I certainly won't feel like a slave in fact I'll be grateful since it's going to help me out so much and happy to pay it.

Read the tax thread

And if people can't afford to pay for their own prescriptions? If they can't afford to pay for private education?

Ever heard of free markets? Private insurance, where there is demand there will be supply. Go to my thread and read. I'm not going to repeat all those arguments becaus you can't be bothered to go to a different thread.

Did your parents not take child benefit? That is offered to every child regardless of how much money is earned

No, i grew up abroad.
HearTheThunder
Oh dear...

Nice to see your dealing with the issues :rolleyes:

PS Are you really a tory?
objectivism
Nice to see your dealing with the issues :rolleyes:

PS Are you really a tory?

:rofl: Ah people don't understand you don't have to agree with every single one of the party's policies in order to support the party; I agree with no tuition fees (but that would be slavery, wouldn't it Objectivism), more police and immigration limits etc. I disagree with their stance on the Iraq War and a few other things, but overall yeah.
Reply 127
objectivism
Ever heard of free markets? Private insurance, where there is demand there will be supply. Go to my thread and read. I'm not going to repeat all those arguments becaus you can't be bothered to go to a different thread.

No, i grew up abroad.

Maybe its because your arguments are so repetitive :rolleyes:. Your ignorance and shortsightness don't address the fact the EMA helps people to help society. Its a shame someone so young can be so resentful.
objectivism
Go and read it. Stop being lazy.

I would but my Physics revision is a little more important at the moment.
Maybe its because your arguments are so repetitive :rolleyes:.

When did i mention private enterprise before in this thread. You talk rot.

Your ignorance and shortsightness don't address the fact the EMA helps people to help society. Its a shame someone so young can be so resentful

Your ignorance means you don't question if your idea of society is right. There's no such thing as society just individuals. Helps people to help society? If someone is going to allow not getting £30 pw put them off uni, they should not be there. Given that your studying medicine its a shame someone like you may be treating people. All I can say is thank God i go private.
HearTheThunder
I would but my Physics revision is a little more important at the moment.

I don't care to be honest.
Reply 131
objectivism
If someone is going to allow not getting £30 pw put them off uni, they should not be there. Given that your studying medicine its a shame someone like you may be treating people. All I can say is thank God i go private.

You don't know me, or anything about my capabilities as a medical student. Your behaviour on this thread suggests you have more problems than a doctor (student or otherwise) could fix without a personality transplant.

And you can't even get one of those privately.

objectivism
I don't care to be honest.

I do.
You don't know me,

Thank God

. Your behaviour on this thread suggests you have more problems than a doctor (student or otherwise) could fix without a personality transplant.

Daring to suggest something radical and innovative? Yes thats very scary.
HearTheThunder
I do.

So? What do you want? A medal?
objectivism
So? What do you want? A medal?

Sure.
HearTheThunder
Sure.

Not very quick when it comes to sarcasm are you?

Hope you better at physics........(not really btw)
objectivism
Not very quick when it comes to sarcasm are you?

How ironic, now back to the matter at hand, EMA...
objectivism
Have you finally finshed you rant. Please talk about the issues, not personal jibes. I don't care what you think about me because your nothing to me.

Not so. Your point was that people by living in this coutry expect to pay tax. This does not make it right or make people think it is right, just like people accept the war but think it was wrong. Notice the difference.

Yes its a question of freedom and choice. Its about principles. People of course like money, but why? It feeds our ego's. So does donating to charity, thus if people had more money they would give more.

you bang on and on, dont you.soooo repetitve.and yes, maybe it was the first time you pikd up on a certain point (free market or whatever it was), but you keep using the straw man argument to get yourself out of things- you take one tiny thing that youve done that differs from what we say youve done, and use that to deny doing ANY of it.you were and are being repetitve.bringing up 1 extra point doesnt mean you arent. and its you're- it isnt lazy typing, you have serious spelling and grammar issues.maybe you should get extra help at school- or would that be like, the same as a jew going to hitlers father for help, because help in the educational system, which is free and therefore like slavery and wife- beating and playing football, is the same as taking something without paying for it, because mummy and daddy didnt give the teacher any extra cash to give you extra help so its totally immoral and means you wouldnt be free?
not so?is so...my point was that living here means you pay tax.living here also means that it is tough **** that we went to war with iraq, as it wasnt our choice.tax isnt our choice either.we can protest it, but we accept it.im not saying it makes tax right, im saying that is the reality you so often talk about.in my opinion tax is right.in yours it isnt.i think it is right because it helps everyone, even the people who cannoyt afford private stuff.you aare saying it is wrong because of freedom/slavery/free market/waffle.
you bang on and on, dont you.soooo repetitve.

I repeat certain things in order to respond to people who bring up the same objections as they have not read past posts.

and its you're- it isnt lazy typing, you have serious spelling and grammar issues.

You’re a hypocrite of the highest order. For example your post below had 26 spelling and/or grammatical errors. Furthermore why are you so obsessed with diverting the issue? With attacking me? Every time you do it tells me how weak your case is that you feel you must divert. After all you refused to counter the argument in the 'is taxation theft' thread. To be honest I’m not here to throw insults, rater to debate issues. It’s not my fault you can't understand them

indeed time will tell...all of what you say depends on your perception and you opinion of tax.you think it is immoral.i dont.so none of what you say has any wash with me.and you are being so pedantic(if you wanna get pedantic then, i will too.please chek your spelling- they are more than just typing errors believe me.).please stop referring people to philosphers or whoever they are, we dont need their views.all of you views, rather like an indoctrinated religious nut who has had beliefs pushed at them their whole lives, are based on stuff you have read.you arew not really thinking about it, or going with your gut feeling, you are just spouting out stuff you have had hypodermically shot at you.the money isnt yours because you know that it is being taken as tax.why do you expect it?you shouldnt miss what you have never had.if you never had the money, and knew you werent going to get it, why do you care.if you earn 100,000, you know that only 60,000 of it is yours to spend.so the normal person would just think, "i earn 60,000". anywya, enough money talk, please.it really doesnt bother me.im going to ignore the live 8 comment. ok i wont- geldoff is soo annoying.

maybe you should get extra help at school- or would that be like, the same as a jew going to hitlers father for help, because help in the educational system, which is free and therefore like slavery and wife- beating and playing football, is the same as taking something without paying for it, because mummy and daddy didnt give the teacher any extra cash to give you extra help so its totally immoral and means you wouldnt be free?

Well after that nonsensical rant I have one question; who has the family brain cell today because it's certainly not you.

not so?is so...

You sure are mature with comments like that :rolleyes: How old are you, 12 or 13?

my point was that living here means you pay tax.

Thanks for stating the obvious

living here also means that it is tough **** that we went to war with iraq, as it wasnt our choice.tax isnt our choice either.we can protest it, but we accept it.

I accept it practically i.e. it occurs, I reject it morally. Why can't you see this? It’s very simple after all.

im not saying it makes tax right,

Than what’s the point of making that comment? Everyone knows we pay tax, that’s why I call it theft after all. In order for something to be stolen something must exist i.e. tax.

im saying that is the reality you so often talk about.

No, no, no you know NOTHING about Objectivism. Your using it in the wrong context due to your ignorance of basic philosophy.

Latest

Trending

Trending