The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Scroll to see replies

hamzab
Nope, afraid not mate, Durham are GCSE-whores, just like the LSE, although, I'm sure if you apply with 3A's or a mixture of A*s and A's at A level they might fancy you a bit more?

hahaha ooooh poop i've just wasted a choice :/
i suspected it when they sent me thier acknowledgement and there was an essay about GCSEs!! grr

I got 3A's @ AS after re-sits
i've already got my a-levels which are: AAB
the courses entry requirements are: ABB

but my GCSEs are dreadful!! ABBBCCCCC :mad: (and this was after re-sitting a D) I was at a private school then too so technically i should have done amazing

god the futures bleak
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Loughborough's not bad :smile:

Plenty of pubs in town, Phantom (is a Scream pub) does pound a pint on Sundays, the various clubs all have different offers on :smile: Can't comment on the campus life personally lol.

Bus to Leicester, return, is about a fiver, Nottingham is similar, plenty to do in both cities! Music wise, the student union gets a fair few good acts - Feeder played here recently! In Nottingham, there's Rock City, who've had lots of big name acts - Fightstar, Coheed & Cambria, Feeder etc.

London's not too far away either :smile:
Reply 22
jjackson18624
hahaha ooooh poop i've just wasted a choice :/
i suspected it when they sent me thier acknowledgement and there was an essay about GCSEs!! grr

I got 3A's @ AS after re-sits
i've already got my a-levels which are: AAB
the courses entry requirements are: ABB

but my GCSEs are dreadful!! ABBBCCCCC :mad: (and this was after re-sitting a D) I was at a private school then too so technically i should have done amazing

god the futures bleak

Those GCSEs aren't bad, just not Durham stamdard. I got 4A*s and I'm struggling, but I know of people with 6 who are ******** themselves!

Did you still do your A levels in 2 years? If yes, I think you still may be in for a change, what course is it anyway?
Some of my mates got that exact same feeling. Just like me. The othere half of them seemed to end up here as insurance. Everyone loves it. I think you summed it up with close knit. It is just epic. All I can say really!
hamzab
Those GCSEs aren't bad, just not Durham stamdard. I got 4A*s and I'm struggling, but I know of people with 6 who are ******** themselves!

Did you still do your A levels in 2 years? If yes, I think you still may be in for a change, what course is it anyway?

yeah i did my a levels in 2 years at sixth. I'm doing an economics a-level too in a year via self-study- hopefully i might get an A in it because it's quite easy so far. Applied for Business! it was only BBB last year then i swear they put it up when i decided to apply!
I thought because i'd got my a-levels gcses didn't matter anymore :/
Reply 25
jjackson18624
yeah i did my a levels in 2 years at sixth. I'm doing an economics a-level too in a year via self-study- hopefully i might get an A in it because it's quite easy so far. Applied for Business! it was only BBB last year then i swear they put it up when i decided to apply!
I thought because i'd got my a-levels gcses didn't matter anymore :/

Give it a shot, you've got nothing to lose... except maybe one UCAS slot lol
Reply 26
rorydaredking
Some of my mates got that exact same feeling. Just like me. The othere half of them seemed to end up here as insurance. Everyone loves it. I think you summed it up with close knit. It is just epic. All I can say really!

People can't hate Loughborough, it's unimaginable. Epic, it truly is. God Willing I get to read Economics here!
hamzab
Give it a shot, you've got nothing to lose... except maybe one UCAS slot lol

haha yes, true,true. well it's too late now anyway, its just i could have filled it with another st andrews course thats all haha (not that i think i'm gonna get in, im just in love the place/course). i'm lucky i've already got a place i suppose! nervous about loughborough and exeter now though because i should be hearing from them soon... and i'm looking on here because i don't have a clue what i may potentially be accepted or, more likley, declined by! you never said what you're applying for? EDIT: i just read above, no worries :P
Reply 28
jjackson18624
haha yes, true,true. well it's too late now anyway, its just i could have filled it with another st andrews course thats all haha (not that i think i'm gonna get in, im just in love the place/course). i'm lucky i've already got a place i suppose! nervous about loughborough and exeter now though because i should be hearing from them soon... and i'm looking on here because i don't have a clue what i may potentially be accepted or, more likley, declined by! you never said what you're applying for?

Economics, yup, competitive as well, too competitive perhaps!
I looked at Exeter, if you don't mind me saying. you're better off at Loughborough, Exeter doesnt have the graduate starting salaries nor the employment rate that Loughborough has
hamzab
Economics, yup, competitive as well, too competitive perhaps!
I looked at Exeter, if you don't mind me saying. you're better off at Loughborough, Exeter doesnt have the graduate starting salaries nor the employment rate that Loughborough has

I just looked at another thread- i didn't realise it was so small- it sounds like st andrews a bit (Y). You may be right, but if i get an offer from them both i will probably want to look round them both before i decide between them. they're like my joint 2nd and 3rd choices atm there doesn't seem to be much difference between them! what's exeter like as a place?? is it scenic? small? does it have all the conviniences nearby? did you see student accomodation?

oh, and whats student accomodation at loughborough like do you know??
Reply 30
jjackson18624
I just looked at another thread- i didn't realise it was so small- it sounds like st andrews a bit (Y). You may be right, but if i get an offer from them both i will probably want to look round them both before i decide between them. they're like my joint 2nd and 3rd choices atm there doesn't seem to be much difference between them! what's exeter like as a place?? is it scenic? small? does it have all the conviniences nearby? did you see student accomodation?

oh, and whats student accomodation at loughborough like do you know??

Accomodation is another area I think Loughborough prides itself on, sorry if I sound like a Lboro PR machine but it's true:yes:

It has a wide range and some great hall banter, part of the Lboro experience
hamzab
Accomodation is another area I think Loughborough prides itself on, sorry if I sound like a Lboro PR machine but it's true:yes:

It has a wide range and some great hall banter, part of the Lboro experience

haha okay thanks : D.
I think ucas will decide for me anyway though
good luck, i hope you get in loughborough!!:biggrin:
Reply 32
Loughborough is amazing btw, you'll love it here and the nights out pretty good too. There's just an unlimited amount of things that go on all day everyday to keep you busy. When I first came here, I thought it was going to be weird but during freshers I just met so many people especially as I'm part of halls. Definitely would recommend coming to halls though as that for me is one of the best things atm.
Reply 33
BillyMarsh
Quite simply, it is epic.

If you want to enjoy yourself like you never thought possible and also get a top degree then get yourself here asap!

Your harry french ref against us (bakewell) last night during the football match was well biased:P
Who won?
Reply 35
flower226
Also, i'm not into sport - will that be a big problem?

I'm in my 3rd year now and I've never played sport. It's definitely never been a problem for me. In first year I got put in a flat with other people who aren't into sport, so that was quite good. But even if I got put with really sporty people it wouldn't matter.
I've started going to the gym this year, but that's all.

Feel free to ask me any other questions
:smile:
Virus.exe
Your harry french ref against us (bakewell) last night during the football match was well biased:P

I didn't see it but I heard we won... Also heard that the Bakewell captain was being a bit shifty?
Reply 37
Virus.exe

My flatmate was saying words along those lines about the ref! First IMS we've lost I think :frown:
I went to Lufbra then dropped out... Most people do really love it though!
Reply 39
Rosaaa
I'm in my 3rd year now and I've never played sport. It's definitely never been a problem for me. In first year I got put in a flat with other people who aren't into sport, so that was quite good. But even if I got put with really sporty people it wouldn't matter.
I've started going to the gym this year, but that's all.

Feel free to ask me any other questions
:smile:

Thanks for your help! I feel a lot better about the sport aspect of the uni now. :smile: Do you know anyone doing the English course? It's unusual as it's all coursework so I'd like to know a bit about the workload etc., as well as what people think of the lecturers. Also do people go out drinking/clubbing a lot? I do like that kind of thing but don't think I could handle it all the time!

Latest

Trending

Trending