The Student Room Group

Computer Science at Loughborough

I just applied through UCAS, what's it like?
Reply 1
I think the idea is you find the answer to that question before you apply?

In the meantime - have you heard of Google?
Original post by hotpud

Harsh.

definitely go on an open day
Original post by azzot
I just applied through UCAS, what's it like?

Hi @azzot,

Great to hear you have applied and thinking of studying at Loughborough!

I would recommend looking at the computer science course page here. It has information on the modules you take each semester which may give you further information.

I have just finished my second year at Loughborough so if you have any questions about student life or Loughborough in general I am happy to help :smile:

Alex
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by hotpud

Yeah I should have been clearer - I was seeking authentic reviews about student life and experiences through the course etc
Reply 5
Original post by azzot
Yeah I should have been clearer - I was seeking authentic reviews about student life and experiences through the course etc

Fair enough. If only there was a website that allowed you to ask questions and it gave you the answers? :biggrin:
https://www.google.com/search?q=what+is+it+like+to+study+at+loughborough+university&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB924GB924&oq=what+is+it+like+to+study+at+lough&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUqBwgBECEYoAEyBggAEEUYOTIHCAEQIRigATIHCAIQIRigATIHCAMQIRigATIHCAQQIRiPAjIHCAUQIRiPAtIBCDcxNDFqMGo5qAIAsAIA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
Original post by azzot

Hi @azzot

I know my colleague has already responded to you but I thought I might be able to tell you a bit about student life here at Loughborough and my experience so far as I go into my second year.

Before I came to Loughborough I was worried about it being a small town and there not being much to do. However since I've been here I've been pleasantly surprised - I can safely say I've never been bored. There are plenty restaurants and pubs in town to go out to eat and drink. Most of my time in the week is spent on campus as there is lots on like going to watch the Loughborough first teams play, playing sport and just relaxing with friends as well as the nights out the union puts on in the week. At the weekend you do tend to go out in town more.

Loughborough is however a market town and can't offer what a city can but usually if we want more of a city atmosphere we just get the train to Leicester or Nottingham which both take less than 20 minutes and is very easy to do. The thing I appreciate about Loughborough being a smaller town is that there is a nice community feel and it really does feel like a student town. When you go out you always bump into someone you know which I've found really nice.

Something else I've really appreciated since being here is the opportunities available to you. From sport to societies and RAG there's so much to get involved in. Over the summer me and some of my friends drove all the way to Dubrovnik and back as part of a convoy to raise money for charity which was an amazing experience and something I never would have had the opportunity to do before I came to Loughborough. This is just one example of so many opportunities you can get involved in here.

I hope this was helpful and if you have any other questions just let us know :smile:

Jess
Reply 7

I repeat myself as some are clearly hard of reading - I was seeking authentic reviews about student life and experiences through the course etc, so I asked here. As you have no useful answers to give, there’s no need to give input.
Reply 8
Original post by azzot
I repeat myself as some are clearly hard of reading - I was seeking authentic reviews about student life and experiences through the course etc, so I asked here. As you have no useful answers to give, there’s no need to give input.

Fair enough. If only reviews posted by reputable organisations / people were authentic eh?

Why not pop along to Loughborough and check it out for yourself. That is really the only way. The authentic review of somewhere will either confirm what you want to hear or you will ignore it because it isn't what you want to hear. I went to visit Loughborough. It wasn't my cup of tea really. Too obsessed with sport and too in the middle of no where for my liking. Great courses but that didn't make up for the former. But that is my authentic opinion and likely very different from what you are looking for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending