The Student Room Group

PPE at Loughborough or International Development at King's College?

As the title says i have been offered PPE at Loughborough and International Development at King's College. I applied for PPE at both but King's offered ID instead.

I like the prestige and popularity of Kings but I hear Loughborough's campus uni life is great.

I'm so conflicted, I have live in London for a year though so I am used to the loneliness. I want to work in finance, specifically trading.

I'd ike different perspectives :smile:. Thanks.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by de69
As the title says i have been offered PPE at Loughborough and International Development at King's College. I applied for PPE at both but King's offered ID instead.

I like the prestige and popularity of Kings but I hear Loughborough's campus uni life is great.

I'm so conflicted, I already live in London though so I am iused to the lonliness.

Do you know what you would like to do in the future? - that could help with deciding which course.
If you have lived in London your whole life it could be quite nice to move somewhere new for university, and explore other areas of the UK more.
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by de69

I'm so conflicted, I have live in London for a year though so I am used to the loneliness. I want to work in finance, specifically trading.

Hi @de69,

It's great to hear that you're interested in studying at Loughborough :smile:

I understand that choosing a university can be difficult. However, I wanted to help!

I know you may have done already, but have you taken a look at the course pages and seen if any modules interest you more than others? Here's a page on Loughborough's Politics, Philosophy and Economics BA degree where you can find out more about what and where you'd study as well as more relevant info.

Have you seen both campuses too to find out whether you think you'd be happier at one campus over the other? Loughborough has a 523 acre single-site campus. You could also take a look at some virtual tours (here is a tour of Loughborough's campus).

Alongside this, I would consider location. Both universities are in very separate places with different links. You can see where Loughborough is here and which cities are nearby. You can also view our accommodation options here too.

Are you interested in being a part of any societies or joining any sports clubs? It may be worth taking a look at what each university offers because these things can help with making your time at university even better.

Finally, I know you've mentioned where you want to work, so I would also consider the career support that each university provides. For instance, Loughborough has a Careers Network that you can read more about here.

I hope this helps in some way :smile: please feel free to let us know if you have any further questions that we can help with.

- Lindsay
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending