Reply 2
Original post by totallyfine
For what?

Accounting and finance
Original post by Rsorabji
Between Exeter and Loughborough which uni is better

Dear @Rsorabji,

It's great to hear that you're interested in studying at Loughborough :smile:

I understand that choosing a university can be difficult, so I wanted to see if I could help.

I would recommend taking a look at the course pages and seeing if any modules suit you more than others. If you are interested, it may also be worth looking into whether the universities have placement year options or what study abroad opportunities they offer. Here's a page on Loughborough's BSc Accounting and Financial Management degree where you can view more information about these areas.

Another thing is seeing whether you can visit both campuses (you may have done this already). Even if you're unable to visit them, you could take a look at some virtual tours (here is a tour of Loughborough's campus). You may see yourself being happy at one university more than the other, so it's a good idea to see where you would be studying.

Alongside this, I would consider location. Both universities are very far away from each other with different links. You can see where Loughborough is here and which cities it is close to. For instance, Nottingham and Leicester are very close to Loughborough and many students visit them.

It may be worth thinking about whether you want to join any societies or get involved with any sports. Here is a list of the societies and sports at Loughborough. The societies/sports offered at a university can help with making your experience even better, so it's worth looking into.

I would also consider accommodation and the different halls of residence that are on offer. Here are Loughborough's halls of residence to look at.

Another thing to look into would be the career support the universities provide. For instance, Loughborough has a Careers Network that you can read more about here.

At the end of the day, you should choose somewhere where you can see yourself being happy.

I hope this helps :smile: please do get in touch if you have any further questions.

- Lindsay
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by Rsorabji
Between Exeter and Loughborough which uni is better

HI @Rsorabji

Great to hear you're thinking about coming to Loughborough! I'm currently in my first year here and I thought I might be able to tell you a bit about student life outside of lectures.

Before I came to Loughborough I was worried about it being a small town and there not being much to do. However since I've been here I've been pleasantly surprised - I can safely say I've never been bored since I've been here. There are plenty restaurants and pubs in town to go out to eat and drink. Most of my time in the week is spent on campus as there is lots on like going to watch the Loughborough first teams play, playing sport and just relaxing with friends as well as the nights out the union puts on in the week. At the weekend you do tend to go out in town more.

Loughborough is however a market town and can't offer what a city can but usually if we want more of a city atmosphere we just get the train to Leicester or Nottingham which both take less than 20 minutes and is very easy to do. The thing I appreciate about Loughborough being a smaller town is that there is a nice community feel and it really does feel like a student town. When you go out you always bump into someone you know which I've found really nice.

I hope this was helpful and if you have any other questions just let us know :smile:

Jess

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending