The Student Room Group
Reply 1
well dats wat i wana take up to psychology degree, but my teacher was just warning to that there are jobs with great pay but its just really hard to actually find d jobs! loadsa people applyin for only a certain number of jobs which are available. u shud think about wat profession u will be goin into b4 studying it.
I dont think you have to have a specific job in mind to study psychology at degree level. Its one of those people subjects that can get you into a variety of jobs, even if they are not really connected to it. I'm studying psychology at the University of Hull. Maybe you could talk to your teachers or other professionals about the course as they have probably experienced it. Also, why don't you start look on the ucas website (www.ucas.ac.uk). I found it helpful as it gives you a list of different psychology courses as well as specific topics which can be studied.
Reply 3
Hi, I'm a 3rd year Psychology student.. I absolutely LOVE the course, and it's a really great basis for future career opportunities. It gives you a broad range of knowledge about different topic areas, and forms a good basis for a large number of possible postgrad courses. It's good because there are a lot of research skills involved, such as projects and stats skills, which are really useful tools to have. It's so interesting and varied too. I'd wholeheartedly recommend anyone doing it!

Latest

Trending

Trending