The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm thinking of doing a comparison of Arthurian legends and the historical facts behind them or an investigation into the Elvish language that Tolkien created and its ties to Celtic and other languages. Does anyone have any feedback?
Reply 881
wat subject does that fit into?
ArwenEvenstar
I'm thinking of doing a comparison of Arthurian legends and the historical facts behind them

History

Not sure whether you'll get enough sources since Arthurian legends is so far back and such a myth. Just a thought.

ArwenEvenstar
Ian investigation into the Elvish language that Tolkien created and its ties to Celtic and other languages. Does anyone have any feedback?

Erm...Language B of some sort?
Reply 883
Lovin' the ancientness of this thread:proud:
i did mine in bio..
well.. i am still doing it, hopefully i dont have to change it.

its "studying the reaction using gradual development of yellow color from v.weak to weak yellow as an indicator with 0.5% lactose medium containing 0.1% to 0.4% glucose"

make sense? still hoping the data does :d
Reply 885
i did mine on chem..how do abiotic factors (pH and o2 concentration) affect the rate of milk fermentation..lol it wz quite boring..waitin for the results now..:confused:
Reply 886
History - multiculturalism in Singapore. (I went to a local school in Singapore for 5 years so it helped =])
xra
i did mine on chem..how do abiotic factors (pH and o2 concentration) affect the rate of milk fermentation..lol it wz quite boring..waitin for the results now..:confused:

I did mine in chemistry too :s-smilie:
Reply 888
mine was in ITGS: effect of pc virues on banks(actual title was longer).. twas great
mine was history:
factors leading to the soviet-afghan war. or something like that.
Reply 890
I'm doing mine in English B: "To what extent is the relationship between human and daemon in 'Northern Lights' by Philip Pullman compatible to that between a Rider and Dragon in 'Eragon' by Christopher Paolini?"

I like it, though it may be a tad hard to write. I had a really hard time with my World Lit, and this is basically another one, just with better novels! My supervisor approved of it though. I am not sure it can give me an A :s-smilie: What do you think?
Reply 891
Got my research question, subject area is computer science. "To what extent are recursive algorithms used in creating computer-generated fractals?"

any ideas where to start? this topic is kind of over my head, but it's something i'm interested in.
Reply 892
HMSChocolate
I dont think IB book lists are available for students. it doesn't matter which publication you use. you will state it in the bibliography anyway.

thanks. it is not avaliable to students but my advisor told me which one they say the recommend but do not nessecarily perfer. they are so indecisive!
i also went to IBSurvival.com and i am going to get you guys more notes for the website. i think it is a great idea.
IBStuck

i also went to IBSurvival.com and i am going to get you guys more notes for the website. i think it is a great idea.

Thank you!!!
Reply 894

I did mine in chemistry too

Why is everyone dislike chem EE? It can be fun as long as your school has the right facilities.
Reply 895
Ahhhhh!

I have my outline deadline in 1 week and haven't had time to start on it at all, with the focus on the testweek next week. I haven't even finished reading my sources and today it took me 2 hours to analyse through 6 pages :frown:
johanski
I'm doing mine in English B

you know you can't do an EE in english b if you do english a2, right? just looking at your signature confused me...
Reply 897
fourleafclover89
you know you can't do an EE in english b if you do english a2, right? just looking at your signature confused me...

yeah, well I mean it counts as English B. it's graded as if it was in English B..at least that's what i've heard :s-smilie:
I did it in geography. It was about immigration of a certain group of people into a certain area in a certain country. I conducted interviews, took pictures and made a movie in documentary style. Surprisingly enough the government requested a copy of my work. The seemed very interested, as they have been trying to get to these immigrant for centuries. The communication with the government did not work as the immigrants are very isolated etc.

My independent research really made a difference - even though it was risky to enter the "ghetto" and do all the research, it was worth it and fun!
Azamat Bagatov
I did it in geography. It was about immigration of a certain group of people into a certain area in a certain country. I conducted interviews, took pictures and made a movie in documentary style. Surprisingly enough the government requested a copy of my work. The seemed very interested, as they have been trying to get to these immigrant for centuries. The communication with the government did not work as the immigrants are very isolated etc.

My independent research really made a difference - even though it was risky to enter the "ghetto" and do all the research, it was worth it and fun!

What country and whose imigration? :p: Sounds really interesting , and i liked the movie thing :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending