The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

LC01
I take it your a jew.

what would it matter if he was, he's totally spot on.
THe thing with Halal and Kosher butchers is they are USUALLY extremely talented at what they do. Its not in their interests to have a chicken flapping about in death throes so they do it right.
infact all our industry used to be the same and it was infact absolutely fine. Its NOT cruel to the animals. IF you saw a butchering from 50 years ago - or infact in many places abroad you'd see they are just as humane as what is done now.

So why do we have different rules, standards etc?
Because we need ALOT of meat, and invariably the industry use cheap labour who often neither are in the job very long, nor care about the standard of their work. Plus theres the sheer volume. And of course the fact it is far easier to regulate butchering when it MUST be done in specific locations - that also makes it easier for DEFRA vet health workers to check for disease in carcasses. Infact before BSE we used to still have backyard butchering - heck my uncle used to kill chickens in a manner befiting halal or kosher (except i think prayers have to be recited in those meat preperations)
If you are butchering 40 animals a day to sell in your 3 halal butcher stores/market stalls then fine, you'll be able to maintain a good standard easily. especially if they knowledge of how to do that is passed down for generations. But if you are butchering 400 animals day in day out that then get cut up and put in random supermarket packets? (whilst in the employ of a temping agency)
Reply 41
jiggaman7
go into a normal slaughter house then and see what conditions and ways the animals are killed then...........u shudnt think about eating any meat if thats how you think......or maybe you dont mind you chickens legs having burn marks on them due to the acidity caused by living in their own faeces, its just bleeding them that is disgusting to you

i eat free range.
Whizz Kid
i eat free range.

free range use the same slaughter houses by the way.
Reply 43
LC01
well thats what the jews say

some scientists do say kosher is good but some want it banned.

Im on about fox hunting/kosher and why one was banned but not the other.

It's not just what jews say, it's what a lot of people say so it shouldn't be suggested it's only defended by the jewish community. Kosher is practised because people of peoples beliefs, values and religion - Fox hunting on the other hand was a hobby, arguably a tradition, that people did for fun and enjoyment. Therefore in my opinion it's unrealistic to compare the two and ask why one was banned not the other as they are very different.
Reply 44
Jamie
free range use the same slaughter houses by the way.

but the chickens are not cooped up and (burnt by their own faeces) like was suggested - i think the term is "battery" or something along those lines. :rolleyes:
Reply 45
RealityIsDull
did anyone watch the program on channel 2 about a slaughter house?
im not saying its a good thing or agreeing with it... but compare the kosher guy on that who was trained to respect the animals and did the 'deed' very quickly and more humanly than the normal sick guys who abused and killed them all with the stunning... it doesnt seem as bad!
just dont eat it!

I saw this, an excellent documentary by the BBC. Wish i could say the same about many of the PETA presentations :rolleyes: Was amusing when he asked the meat slaughterers who they voted for, the most common answer was 'I didn't vote, but the BNP probably'
Reply 46
madjackie
It's not just what jews say, it's what a lot of people say so it shouldn't be suggested it's only defended by the jewish community. Kosher is practised because people of peoples beliefs, values and religion - Fox hunting on the other hand was a hobby, arguably a tradition, that people did for fun and enjoyment. Therefore in my opinion it's unrealistic to compare the two and ask why one was banned not the other as they are very different.

madjackie]It's not just what jews say, it's what a lot of people say so it shouldn't be suggested it's only defended by the jewish community.

Yes the PC brigade are at it as well
Kosher is practised because people of peoples beliefs, values and religion - Fox hunting on the other hand was a hobby

So if the fox hunters created a new religion and got it officially registerd, and in that religion it says they must fox hunt, would you then support their right to hunt?
arguably a tradition

Well its been in the country for 700 years so I would say its a tradition.
LC01, your ignorance really does amaze me. Fox hunting was something done by the rich, something that was very much upper class, kosher is something that has been done for thousands of years.
Also, when preparing kosher, the animals are not chased down by dogs, terrified out of their minds, they are killed quickly and cleanly.
Reply 48
juueru_chou
LC01, your ignorance really does amaze me. Fox hunting was something done by the rich, something that was very much upper class, kosher is something that has been done for thousands of years.
Also, when preparing kosher, the animals are not chased down by dogs, terrified out of their minds, they are killed quickly and cleanly.

LC01, your ignorance really does amaze me

Yep, a typical leftie comment when talking to a right winger, o dont mind him he's just "ignorant" but I am totally right because I have divine knowledge.
hunting was something done by the rich, something that was very much upper class

So, the upper class are a minority, so thats makes it alright to push them around?
Also, when preparing kosher, the animals are not chased down by dogs,

But they are turned upside down and have their throats slit when they are perfectly awake.
they are killed quickly and cleanly

well thats the phrase of the day, because the jews and the PC brigade say something does not make it true.
LC01
Yep, a typical leftie comment when talking to a right winger, o dont mind him he's just "ignorant" but I am totally right because I have divine knowledge.

So, the upper class are a minority, so thats makes it alright to push them around?

But they are turned upside down and have their throats slit when they are perfectly awake.

well thats the phrase of the day, because the jews and the PC brigade say something does not make it true.

I am not calling your ignorant because you are a BNP supporter, I am calling you ignorant because you cannot tell the difference between hunting and slaughtering. When you hunt, you tend to chase the pray over a long distance with dogs, so the fox is running away for it's life, persued by quite a few hunting dogs and people on horseback making a lot of noise. To me, this seems very barbaric and should have been banned a while ago.

Slaughter on the other hand does not have any of this, the animal is led into the slaughter house and then has it's throat slit, so it bleeds to death very quickly and will lose conciousness long before it is actually dead.
Reply 50
juueru_chou
then has it's throat slit, so it bleeds to death very quickly

Does it? Would you rather bleed to death with a slit throat or be shot in the head?

Hunting provides a natural opportunity for the fox to escape. Healthy foxes usually do, while the infirm or old are caught, in keeping with a process of natural selection.
Reply 51
So the main basis of your arguement is that Kosher should be banned because slaughter that goes against the Kosher ethic therefore making it non-Kosher sometimes occurs.

Right....

Oh and if you honestly think that a video from PETA is conclusive evidence that all Kosher food is prepared in that way, you ARE ignorant. Oh and you still haven't responded to the post near the beginning asking if you think that KFC should also be banned.
Reply 52
juueru_chou
I am not calling your ignorant because you are a BNP supporter, I am calling you ignorant because you cannot tell the difference between hunting and slaughtering. When you hunt, you tend to chase the pray over a long distance with dogs, so the fox is running away for it's life, persued by quite a few hunting dogs and people on horseback making a lot of noise. To me, this seems very barbaric and should have been banned a while ago.

Slaughter on the other hand does not have any of this, the animal is led into the slaughter house and then has it's throat slit, so it bleeds to death very quickly and will lose conciousness long before it is actually dead.

When you hunt, you tend to chase the pray over a long distance with dogs, so the fox is running away for it's life, persued by quite a few hunting dogs and people on horseback making a lot of noise. To me, this seems very barbaric and should have been banned a while ago.

Would this have been banned if it were a pakistan tradition.....I think not. But because its a British one it can be banned.
Slaughter on the other hand does not have any of this, the animal is led into the slaughter house and then has it's throat slit, so it bleeds to death very quickly and will lose conciousness long before it is actually dead
Thats what the jews and the PC brigade say, its ******** but its what they say.
Reply 53
shyopstv
So the main basis of your arguement is that Kosher should be banned because slaughter that goes against the Kosher ethic therefore making it non-Kosher sometimes occurs.

Right....

Oh and if you honestly think that a video from PETA is conclusive evidence that all Kosher food is prepared in that way, you ARE ignorant. Oh and you still haven't responded to the post near the beginning asking if you think that KFC should also be banned.

I have seen videos of KFC in america and it was sick, they should do something about it or be banned.
Reply 54
Vienna
Does it? Would you rather bleed to death with a slit throat or be shot in the head?

Hunting provides a natural opportunity for the fox to escape. Healthy foxes usually do, while the infirm or old are caught, in keeping with a process of natural selection.

So if we unleashed a pack of lions on people that usually allowed heealthy people to escape but killed old/disabled people, you would support it? Natural selection and all that

If it was the choice of being shot in the head with something that doesn't kill me but just hurts me a lot and being left there for ages or bleeding to death really quickly, I would chose the latter
Vienna

Whether the fox caught or not is irrelivent, the fact that it has to run away for it's life while being chased is still very traumatic. I would prefer having my throat cut to being chased down personally, at least it is over reasonably quickly and it is a lot cleaner than being chased.
Reply 56
juueru_chou
Whether the fox caught or not is irrelivent, the fact that it has to run away for it's life while being chased is still very traumatic. I would prefer having my throat cut to being chased down personally, at least it is over reasonably quickly and it is a lot cleaner than being chased.

I would prefer having my throat cut to being chased down personally

I have been chased down by gangs of reds a couple of times since joining the BNP, I have to say im glad I didnt get my throat slit.
at least it is over reasonably quickly and it is a lot cleaner than being chased

being turned upsidedown and having your throat slit is not clean.
LC01
Would this have been banned if it were a pakistan tradition.....I think not. But because its a British one it can be banned.
Thats what the jews and the PC brigade say, its ******** but its what they say.

If it were a Pakistani tradition then of course it would have been banned. I really cannot believe how you can sit there telling all of us that we have been brainwashed and we don't know anything, but you are the shining light of true Brits, determined to save us from the various hordes of foreigners (especially when those foreigners have a different skin colour to us).
Reply 58
juueru_chou
If it were a Pakistani tradition then of course it would have been banned. I really cannot believe how you can sit there telling all of us that we have been brainwashed and we don't know anything, but you are the shining light of true Brits, determined to save us from the various hordes of foreigners (especially when those foreigners have a different skin colour to us).

If it were a Pakistani tradition then of course it would have been banned

No it would not, the MPs would not even dare bring it up, in fact they would probably tap the pakistanies on the head and thank them for enriching us.
LC01
I have been chased down by gangs of reds a couple of times since joining the BNP, I have to say im glad I didnt get my throat slit.

being turned upsidedown and having your throat slit is not clean.

If you were turned upside down and then disemboweled whilst still being alive and able to feel it is not clean, having your throat slit whilst upside down means that your blood will flow out of you a lot quicker than if you were the right way up. After you have lost about half of your blood, you will pass out since your brain win't be able to get enough oxygen (and this will cause your heart rate to increase and thus make your blood be pumped out more quickly).

Latest

Trending

Trending