The Student Room Group

Woman attacked by her own dog, an xl bully

As per the below article

https://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2023-10-17/dog-shot-dead-at-school-after-attacking-woman-was-xl-bully

The woman's dog was an xl bully and attacked her.

Is it clear they need banning? Or is Rishi Sunak overreacting to dangerous dog attacks?

It isn't a solution to ban breeds. They'll just get a substitute to replace it, like a staffordshire bull terrier since the american pitbulls are banned in our country.
The XL bullies are the kings of all the dogs. They aren’t to be messed with. They look like they weigh a lot - I doubt most of the owners can control them.
Reply 2
Original post by Driving_Mad
The XL bullies are the kings of all the dogs. They aren’t to be messed with. They look like they weigh a lot - I doubt most of the owners can control them.

I was chatting with my friend from Uni who asked me what I think of the xl bully ban and they said dog licenses should be brought back. Would make a lot of sense.

The Government need to focus on idiot dog owners who get dogs they can't handle.

They keep stating Xl bullies are the descendants of killer dogs. I was in Reading a few weeks ago walking across Caversham bridge, saw a dog that looked like an xl bully and stepped off the pavement to keep out of its way. Thank goodness it was on a lead.
Reply 3
As with all dangerous dogs i maintain its more an issue of poor ownership than the dog itself. However, there are some thatre quite clearly more dangerous than others. You can hardly breed them for fighting or protection and claim theyre perfectly safe.
I say ban them, albeit dont order peoples pets killed unless they actually have been violent themselves.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending