The Student Room Group

Is all types of vinegar in the UK halal

I'm struggling to find an answer to this question different sources say different things and I can't exactly call up Asdas manufacturing site to ask if its halal it's impractical. Are things like white vinegar malt vinegar etc halal?
Original post by Rohan007best
I'm struggling to find an answer to this question different sources say different things and I can't exactly call up Asdas manufacturing site to ask if its halal it's impractical. Are things like white vinegar malt vinegar etc halal?

You probably are able to contact the company to ask them, through one of their phone lines or a web chat service.

Generally though unless specifically marketed as halal (or whatever other dietary requirement one may have - gluten free, vegan, vegetarian, kosher, nut free, etc) I would suggest assuming that it is not halal (or whatever other categories you may also be considering).

Larger stores often have a world foods section which will include sections for e.g. halal food, kosher food, etc, which have products that are specifically designed to meet those needs and are also clearly labelled as such :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest