The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

red_roadkill
Yes but British food is very high in fat, in cannot be denied. It's rich and calorie laced! The majority of the foods NDGARRONDI listed above are really high in fat!

Lol, you haven't had enough foie gras, French sausages, paté, rillettes or saucisson mate! Now that's what I call high in fat!
Reply 21
SamTheMan
Lol, you haven't had enough foie gras, French sausages, paté, rillettes or saucisson mate! Now that's what I call high in fat!

Euugh. I wouldn't eat that.
red_roadkill
Yes but British food is very high in fat, in cannot be denied. It's rich and calorie laced! The majority of the foods NDGAARONDI listed above are really high in fat!

But they taste so goooooood!

Anyway, English strawberries are the best in the world, and they're very healthy.
red_roadkill
Euugh. I wouldn't eat that.

I'm sure you could stomach a few French sausages... :rolleyes:
Reply 24
susiemakemeblue
But they taste so goooooood!

Anyway, English strawberries are the best in the world, and they're very healthy.

Yes - on their own after being rinsed in water, not drowned in double cream - the British favourite!
Beekeeper

I hate French sausages: absolutely full of fat. You get big chunks of fat in them. Disgusting. Although British sausages don't contain much meat apparently but as long as they taste good...
Reply 26
Beekeeper

You should not be making those kinds of assumptions! :eek: *slaps Beekeeper for being a bad bad boy*

I'm innocent - I wouldn't know what you mean :wink:
red_roadkill
Yes - on their own after being rinsed in water, not drowned in double cream - the British favourite!

You don't have to have them with cream. I don't.
Reply 28
SamTheMan
Nothing exceptional but no worse than Polish, German, Spanish, Scandinavian food, if not better in certain respects...

Precisely! And people may think of Chinese and Italian cuisine on the basis of a few select dishes and base their whole opinion on that.
Reply 29
yeah i can say that British cuisine has an awful reputation in my country... however, from my own experience all british food i've ever had was extremely nice :wink: :confused:
i like fruit gums...they are british!!!
yum yum
and jelly tots!!!
i think some of the names of the food don't really help it's international reputation :s:

"spotted dick"?
NDGAARONDI

cauliflower cheese
haggis

cauliflower cheese is also known as cauliflower mourne and i always thought haggis was scottish cuisine :confused: xoxo
Reply 33
they don't seem to serve much salad at places in the UK...
that's my opinion...
Reply 34
tammy_girl
i always thought haggis was scottish cuisine :confused: xoxo

The thread title states British not English.
heminder
they don't seem to serve much salad at places in the UK...
that's my opinion...

I think things are starting to change...I kbnow it was only at the Pasty King, but today I got a rather nice, if quite simle salad with my spinach and cheese pasty....very nice.
tammy_girl
cauliflower cheese is also known as cauliflower mourne and i always thought haggis was scottish cuisine :confused: xoxo

Scotland is part of BRITAIN
Therefore Haggis constitutes a BRITISH food!
Reply 37
Goodness. Just reading that list made me sick to my stomach.

Sorry, guys, but of course everyone loves the food they've grown up on.

My experience with British food is that it is bland and often overcooked and soggy, meat especially. It's edible (well, most of it), as far as I'm concerned, but unpleasant.
Reply 38
McDonald's looks really edible. :rolleyes:
NDGAARONDI
McDonald's looks really edible. :rolleyes:

to be fair, you can't really blame us for the quality of fast food :redface:

i don't know what would really constitute amerian cuisine :confused: ...apple pie, maybe.

Latest

Trending

Trending