The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
wheres my letter??? stupid SNOW. i actually can't wait any longer after reading now of everyone's offers :/ ergh.
not very optimistic at all, my interview was a disaster, but i just want to be put out of my misery.
Reply 101
College applied to: Magdalene College
Subject: Computer Science
Offer/pooled/rejected: OFFER
Offer conditions: UNCONDITIONAL
Offer college: Magdalene? I don't really know what this is, I guess it's for the pool :s-smilie:
How did you hear (letter/email/UCAS/phone): Email
How do you feel?: So excited. I've called both my parents and I'm gonna email my tutor at school!
Reply 102
College applied to: st johns
Subject: architecture
Offer/pooled/rejected: pooled
How did you hear (letter/email/UCAS/phone): email
How do you feel?: very. very. very. LOW. Edit: i don't know what to feel any more. this is my second application to cambridge.
Reply 103
Would it be rude of me to email them? I haven't had post for about 3 days now, because of the snow, and it's gonna be just as bad tomorrow...
I_Am_Abbas
College applied to: St Johns
Subject: Economics
Offer/pooled/rejected: Offer
Offer conditions: Unconditional
Offer College: St Johns
How did you hear (letter/email/UCAS/phone): Letter
How do you feel?: Pretty damn happy :jive:

Congrats - I knew you had a good chance. :yep:

lindieeluieee
College applied to:Pembroke
Subject:Land Econ
Offer/pooled/rejected:Offer
Offer conditions:Will be sent to me...
Offer college:Pembroke
How did you hear (letter/email/UCAS/phone):colone:mail, I was impatient for the letter so I sent them an email to ask them about it.
How do you feel?: I don't understand it....HUH?? MEEEE??? My interview went so wrong :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :woo: :eek3:

Epic27
College applied to: Pembroke
Subject: English
Offer conditions: A*A A
Offer college: Pembroke
How do you feel?: I don't think I've ever been this happy!

Atlantia
College applied to: Pembroke
Subject: English
Offer conditions: A*AA
Offer college:Pembroke
How do you feel?::shock::woo:

A special congratulations to the potential Pembroke people - you chose your college well. :biggrin:
Offer from St John's! I'm so pleased, I never thought i'd get in.
College applied to: Clare College
Subject: Medical Sciences
Offer/pooled/rejected: Pooled
Offer conditions: I wish.
Offer college: Again, I wish.
How did you hear (letter/email/UCAS/phone): Letter.
How do you feel?: Mixed. Devastated because I loved Clare, bordering on giving up, but still a tiny bit hopeful.
chylanduk
Would it be rude of me to email them? I haven't had post for about 3 days now, because of the snow, and it's gonna be just as bad tomorrow...

I emailed Hughes to see if I could get my decision by email. I don't expect any post today or tomorrow, so...
Reply 108
Applied to Caius for Philosophy. The wait is just awful.
Reply 109
Sinking Hearts
I emailed Hughes to see if I could get my decision by email. I don't expect any post today or tomorrow, so...

Have you had an email back? Christ's just let me know I've been pooled...
Which colleges are the major takers from the pool?
PeeWeeDan
Which colleges are the major takers from the pool?

Apart from the female-only ones, Girton?
chylanduk
Have you had an email back? Christ's just let me know I've been pooled...

Nope :frown: I can't stand the suspense! Well done though, pooled isn't bad at all. One of my friends at Cam was pooled and he got in.
Reply 113
alex_hk90
Apart from the female-only ones, Girton?

Is it only those? Cos ive been pooled but i am NOT going to an all-girls college... thats just depressing
Barlovi
Is it only those? Cos ive been pooled but i am NOT going to an all-girls college... thats just depressing

Well no, of course not, but they're the ones that take the most AFAIK.
Barlovi

Out of interest, why wouldn't go to an all-girls college?
Reply 116
haute_couture
Out of interest, why wouldn't go to an all-girls college?

well i think i would find it... i dunno... its just that when i went for my interview at st. johns they said that people tend to make friends mainly in their college... so then i would have no guy friends... plus ive been to an all-girls school and mixed is just so much more fun!
anyone else has an offer that was as bad as mine? A*A*A in maths, further maths and physics... I'm doing engineering at Trinity. 2 A*s are they kidding or what???
Reply 118
lrn2physics
anyone else has an offer that was as bad as mine? A*A*A in maths, further maths and physics... I'm doing engineering at Trinity. 2 A*s are they kidding or what???

Ha, that's like my Imperial one (A*A*AA). It completely put me off. :o: Cambridge one was nice though...
Reply 119
cvml-arch-anther
Ugh. I got REJECTED.
It feels odd. Oh wait, I'll do one of those things:

College applied to: Trinity Hall

Subject: Arch & Anth

Offer/Pool/Rejected: ....rejection :frown:

How did you hear: was waiting for letter when I innocently stumbled across an email that I didn't even request.

How do you feel: At first I was disappointed, wanted to cry; then I was angry but two minutes later and I feel fine: kinda glad that I don't have to endure 3 advanced highers anymore :s-smilie:
Still annoyed though... I didn't even ask for an email, I wanted the formal letter!!!!!!!

Join the club :p:

College: Trinity Hall
Subject: Economics
Offer/Pool/Rejection: starts with an "r" ends with an "ejection"
How did you hear: email

I felt disappointed about it for a second, because all the dreams of cambridge buildings, duckponds and old lecture halls suddenly *poof*. Nonetheless, I'm quite happy that I can relax now though, cause my offer for Warwick is easy and I really wanted to go there anyway (and they have lots of ducks too :biggrin::smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending