The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Barlovi
well i think i would find it... i dunno... its just that when i went for my interview at st. johns they said that people tend to make friends mainly in their college... so then i would have no guy friends... plus ive been to an all-girls school and mixed is just so much more fun!

Fair enough. Whilst I'd have my reservations about going, I can't say if I end up getting pooled and I'm, "fished" by an all girls college that I would decline them!
Does anybody know how strong the pool system is?

I was pooled today and I want to know frankly if each person stands a good chance of being offered a place/re-interview by a college...
I don't know what to do; other people from my college are hearing, a guy from my school has heard, but I've not been able to because of snow stopping the post. Should I e-mail them? The wait is killing me-it wasn't bad before, but knowing that other people are getting word back just made it infinitely worse. xD
Is it worth e-mailing the college?
Reply 123
Barlovi
Is it only those? Cos ive been pooled but i am NOT going to an all-girls college... thats just depressing

PeeWeeDan
Which colleges are the major takers from the pool?

As Alex says, Girton's quite a large taker, and I believe the all girl colleges, but I don't know for sure.
Slumpy
As Alex says, Girton's quite a large taker, and I believe the all girl colleges, but I don't know for sure.

I'll be offended more than anything if I get fished by an all girls college... Doesn't mean I wouldn't take the offer :p:
Reply 125
Muffincrumbs
I don't know what to do; other people from my college are hearing, a guy from my school has heard, but I've not been able to because of snow stopping the post. Should I e-mail them? The wait is killing me-it wasn't bad before, but knowing that other people are getting word back just made it infinitely worse. xD
Is it worth e-mailing the college?

I emailed my college and they sent me a copy of the letter, you should try it. :yep:
FrancesO
I emailed my college and they sent me a copy of the letter, you should try it. :yep:

Thanks so much! :biggrin:
ManuchoGoncalves

I was pooled today and I want to know frankly if each person stands a good chance of being offered a place/re-interview by a college...

I don't know for sure but I think back in my day it was something like 50-50 once you were pooled.
Reply 128
PeeWeeDan
I'll be offended more than anything if I get fished by an all girls college... Doesn't mean I wouldn't take the offer :p:

I was kinda tempted to apply to one, just to see what would happen:p:

ManuchoGoncalves

As I recall, your odds are better for being accepted now than an average applicant at the beginning(ie >1/4). But to what extent, I don't know.
I do know plenty of people at Cambridge who got pooled though.
Reply 129
Have been rejected for Engineering at Emmanual college, not surprised really, im actually ok with it.
Reply 130
College applied to: Gonville and Caius
Subject: Engineering
Offer/pooled/rejected: Offer
Offer conditions:: A*AA
Offer college: Gonville and Caius
How did you hear (letter/email/UCAS/phone): Email
How do you feel?: Ecstatic! :woo: Going out to celebrate tonight
Been pooled at Emmanuel...feels like a prolonged rejection process:frown:

but i whilst ive been pooled, theres still a small chance?:confused:

how do others who have beeb pooled feel?
Reply 132
Urgh, pooled today for English at Corpus Christi. I agree that it feels like a prolonged rejection process! More waiting :frown:
But oh well, better than an out-and-out no!
I rang Hughes to see if I could ask what's happening, and there's no answer :frown: I wish I knew what was going on!
an offer from cambridge for law @ lucy cavendish !!! AAAA though :/
on the other hand happy to be appreciated :smile:
Reply 135
astriaukait1

Congratulations! Come and join the Law Applicants Thread, the Cambridge Law Applicants Thread and the Cambridge Law 2010 Facebook group :yep:
becbec :)
Congratulations! Come and join the Law Applicants Thread, the Cambridge Law Applicants Thread and the Cambridge Law 2010 Facebook group :yep:

Thanks!! Congratulations to you too!!! How to join cambridge facebook group?:wink:
Reply 138
astriaukait1
Thanks!! Congratulations to you too!!! How to join cambridge facebook group?:wink:

Search for Cambridge Law 2010 :biggrin:
o.O AA 1 2 step maths offer from caius
quiiite worried :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending