The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Please help!
I think you can but I doubt whether it's worth bothering with
Reply 3
If you fail your third year you get a certificate of higher education: a written equivalent of a slap in the face followed by a kick in the balls.
do you not get a transcript once ayear anyway?
Reply 5
Transcript...no?

What if its a specific degree i.e. social work. I have been searching on the net but can't find anything.
Reply 6
Finish your degree/pull your socks up and work you arse off.

You probably get nothing/something worthless.
Reply 7
You get the booby prize.
Reply 8
You get shot and if you survive a job in a pub. Work harder.
Reply 9
If you fail/drop out in your final year then you should get a pass/ ordinary degree.
If you quit in 2nd year you get some sort of certificate of higher education.
If you drop out during first year I believe you get nothing.
Reply 10
the bank will take your parents house xD
You can probably request a transcript of the work you've done up until that point.
I don't know whether it's worth anything, but you could speak to your administrative office, anyway.

Remember, though, that most people can be funded for original degree length+1yr, so retaking is always an option - or if it is first year, you can change completely.
You fail at life.

Sorry if that sounds harsh but unless something has gone terribly wrong (personal/family/healthwise), there should be no excuse for not even getting a third.
Haft_Hasht_Shish
You fail at life.

Sorry if that sounds harsh but unless something has gone terribly wrong (personal/family/healthwise), there should be no excuse for not even getting a third.

I agree. Failing a degree/dropping out without an alternative (even if its just something like "I want to follow my music" and then you become famous) is pretty crap. Employers will probably want to hire a graduate with education behind them or a non-graduate with working experience behind them. There's no name for people who are inbetween (drop outs I mean).

Social work is also quite competitive I hear and a degree will reap dividends in the long run. Persevere, work hard and speak to your tutor.
You can do this!
Agree with the 2 above posts
Reply 15
listen..the only one thing i can say u that do whatever u like but Enjoy Work, Celebrate Success and Learn from Experience... thts the way of living life..!
Reply 16
Im worried about my degree.
I know you can make the final year worth 100% so been putting effort in, but just got a mark back for some group work for like 52% was like wtf! cause it took ages.
But its my final year project im worried about the most, not really sure how to do it tbh
A card that basically says "congratulations you just wasted 3/4 years of your life" :frown:

Better get working for that 3rd OP
Reply 18

Is a third even good? What's the point....
LOL, failing a degree, how **** would that be? Wasting at least 3 years of your life, and all that money :s-smilie:. I hope nobody is praying for this to happen to them, lol.

Latest