The Student Room Group

Whether a diploma is awarded to Buckingharmshire new university / business management

One module in 4 modules in BUCKS received a 36.6% score in RESIT, but it has not been officially confirmed yet. If you match each grade ratio, it is 36.6%, and if you simply average the assignment, you can pass at 40%. The university won't admit this, will it?

This time, I will be graduating with an ordinary degree without Honours grade, right?
Reply 1
Original post by REESSO
One module in 4 modules in BUCKS received a 36.6% score in RESIT, but it has not been officially confirmed yet. If you match each grade ratio, it is 36.6%, and if you simply average the assignment, you can pass at 40%. The university won't admit this, will it?

This time, I will be graduating with an ordinary degree without Honours grade, right?

It wil depend what the university's regulations say.

Are you a final-year student?

The subject refers to a "diploma" but then you ask about an "ordinary degree" -- they're different things.

What do you mean by "if you match each grade ratio"?

Can you go into more detail?
Reply 2
I'm in my last year. This is Business Management (Top-Up), and you must receive at least 40% from a total of 4 modules.

MG 626 : 36.6%:

CW1 36% (40% specific gravity)

CW2 38% (50% weight)

CW3 50% (10% specific gravity)

MG 627 : 41.5%
BM 629 : 42.0 %
BM 630 : 40.0% (must be at least 6,000 characters in total)

The failed module, MG626, has a total of three subjects, each with a different weight.
If you simply average it, it's 40%, but if you convert the score according to the weight, it's 36.6%.I've only passed 3 modules out of these 4 modules, but I can't write Honours on my diploma - can I pass it as an Order deree?
The average value of all modules is 40.02%, but it won't happen, right?

By the way, does anyone know when is the graduation date for Buckingharmashire New University?
Reply 3
I'm in my last year.
This is Business Management (Top-Up), and you must receive at least 40% from a total of 4 modules.

MG 626 : 36.6%

CW23 38% (50% weight)

MG 627 : 41.5%
BM 629 : 42.0 %
BM 630: 40.0% (must be at least 6,000 characters in total)

The failed module, MG626, has a total of three subjects, each with a different weight.
If you simply average it, it's 40%, but if you convert the score according to the weight, it's 36.6%.
I've only passed 3 modules out of these 4 modules, but I can't write Honours on my diploma - can I pass it as an Order deree?

By the way, does anyone know when is the graduation date for Buckingharmashire New University?
Reply 4
Original post by martin7
It wil depend what the university's regulations say.

Are you a final-year student?

The subject refers to a "diploma" but then you ask about an "ordinary degree" -- they're different things.

What do you mean by "if you match each grade ratio"?

Can you go into more detail?

I'm in my last year.
This is Business Management (Top-Up), and you must receive at least 40% from a total of 4 modules.

MG 626 : 36.6%

CW23 38% (50% weight)

MG 627 : 41.5%BM 629 : 42.0 %
BM 630: 40.0% (must be at least 6,000 characters in total)

If you simply average it, it's 40%, but if you convert the score according to the weight, it's 36.6%.
I've only passed 3 modules out of these 4 modules, but I can't write Honours on my diploma - can I pass it as an Order deree?

Reply 5
Your overall mark for MG 626 is 38.4% based on the breakdown you've given.

Have you read https://www.bucks.ac.uk/current-students/registry-helpdesk-and-academic-advice/results - specifically this section:

"Honours degree ‘top-ups’*– Honours degree ‘top-ups’ comprising 120 credits at Level 6 only have the overall weighted average calculated from the*Best 100 Credits weighted normally. The remaining 20 Credits will be ‘discounted’ but must still be passed."

Your mark of 38.4% for MG 626 is almost certainly going to be classified as a fail; so you won't have passed 120 credits.

As you have passed 90 credits, it looks like you'd be eligible for an Ordinary degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending