Turn on thread page Beta

Why do Scottish Unis make you do 4 Year Degrees? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pamelaa)
    :dontknow: Contact the uni? Would it not have been smart to just apply to English unis in the first case?
    I applied too two (Cambridge and Durham), narrowly missed Cambridge (got pooled) and have heard nothing from the latter. Also, I kind of want my cake without eating it - I don't want to have to pay tuition fees!

ReputationRep:
    Last time I checked, if OP feels that strongly about doing a Bachelors degree in three years, you can always do direct entry into the 2nd year, though the issue there is that you have to do the whole making new friends think when groups would have been formed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DMed)
    Last time I checked, if OP feels that strongly about doing a Bachelors degree in three years, you can always do direct entry into the 2nd year, though the issue there is that you have to do the whole making new friends think when groups would have been formed.
    I hear you, thank you very much for the info! How would I approach this though? (If I did decide too do it)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yoshua)
    I hear you, thank you very much for the info! How would I approach this though? (If I did decide too do it)
    Law students are not usually granted second year entry because the first year is designed to set up the basics and get everyone used to university learning and assessments. Sciences are slightly different.

If you want to enquire about second-year entry then contact the deparment/s you are applying to and ask them about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOneWho)
    Law students are not usually granted second year entry because the first year is designed to set up the basics and get everyone used to university learning and assessments. Sciences are slightly different.

If you want to enquire about second-year entry then contact the deparment/s you are applying to and ask them about it.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Because the Scots are a little slow and it takes an extra year for things to sink in.
    I must admit, this did make me laugh.

(ooh, 500th post. so please don't flame me for finding that funny!)

Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.