The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i live in Exeter, near Plymouth so i know what it is like. Like all big cities, Plymouth has it's rough areas, but the nicer areas do compensate for it. A big plus side is the nightlife is apparently very good in Plymouth and there is a very regular train service to go to Torquay and Exeter for a change! Plymouth is also very easy to get to and from by trains and things are that expensive down here compared to London prices :smile:
Reply 81
thanks for all your help and opinions guys!! Right now ive just got to decide whether the lifestyle that suits me better (portsmouth) or the "better" education (RHUL) is right for me. You've all been really helpful, much appreciated!

:biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 82
Zee Z
thanks for all your help and opinions guys!! Right now ive just got to decide whether the lifestyle that suits me better (portsmouth) or the "better" education (RHUL) is right for me. You've all been really helpful, much appreciated!

:biggrin::biggrin:

Its your decision but I'd say education is more important...and rhul lifestyle isn't awful. We may not be a town full of clubs (campus has the only "clubs" ) but a) they are near enough b) clubing isn't everything and c) the other aspects of lifestyle are good ie sport, societies, pubs and close-knit uni community
Clens
Plymouth isn't bad at all! I've lived here all my life, and yes, there are chavs, druggies and bums. There's also a new mall, awesome night life and some pretty impressive views. It's 20 minutes from Dartmoor, only 1 hour from Exeter.

What bad things have you heard, because I guarantee that Portsmouth will be just as "bad." :mad: :mad:

Oh no sorry dont take it personally. My friend just goes there and hes not so happy with it, but he is quite posh you see so maybe he doesnt fit in so well!
I live near london and my sister lives there, every city has chavs druggies etc, and im sure its good. I have absolutely no knowledge of portsmouth whatsover. Sorri if i made you angry! :smile:
Reply 84
gm15
Its your decision but I'd say education is more important...and rhul lifestyle isn't awful. We may not be a town full of clubs (campus has the only "clubs" ) but a) they are near enough b) clubing isn't everything and c) the other aspects of lifestyle are good ie sport, societies, pubs and close-knit uni community

ah no its not about clubbing, not fussed about that really, but more of where i would feel at home and generally where i would be happier everyday. portsmouth is more like my current area and this would probs make it an easier move, which is why its a contender :smile:
Reply 85
Johnny Luk
Oh no sorry dont take it personally. My friend just goes there and hes not so happy with it, but he is quite posh you see so maybe he doesnt fit in so well!
I live near london and my sister lives there, every city has chavs druggies etc, and im sure its good. I have absolutely no knowledge of portsmouth whatsover. Sorri if i made you angry! :smile:

No, it didn't make me mad :p:

It just gets annoying when everyone slags us off for the actions of a minority.

That said, I'm just being loyal to my city, it's a sh!thole really :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending