The Student Room Group

Joining Uni after the Armed Forces

Hi there! My name’s Logan. I really want to study English and Creative Writing at university, however I never even went to college. I have served four years in the armed forces and self-published my own fiction book. Will this get me far or will I have to attend college before applying?
Original post by LoganBeadnellDav
Hi there! My name’s Logan. I really want to study English and Creative Writing at university, however I never even went to college. I have served four years in the armed forces and self-published my own fiction book. Will this get me far or will I have to attend college before applying?

You will probably have to demonstrate sufficient academic ability. You will have heard about people going frm the Armed Forces to Uni without the requisite qualification, but they will all have longer careers and more professional experience to rely on, is associated subjects.

Speak to some universities and see what they recommend. At best you might need to do a OU module, but they may want 3 A levels.
Original post by threeportdrift
You will probably have to demonstrate sufficient academic ability. You will have heard about people going frm the Armed Forces to Uni without the requisite qualification, but they will all have longer careers and more professional experience to rely on, is associated subjects.
Speak to some universities and see what they recommend. At best you might need to do a OU module, but they may want 3 A levels.

That makes a lot of sense to me, thank you for your answer!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending