The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Kiwiguy
The bnp having two MEPS is hardly that great either. Its just the media hyped it up.

Whatever. They are our representatives in Europe they vote on our laws they are paid for by our taxes.

SpamBa
No, it is an example of giving women equal status in society. These garments are, in my opinion, demeaning and are not a required part of being a muslim.

No, it isn't it is forcing people to not where it so they have lost a choice. If a women chooses to wear it then they don't find it demeaning YOU find it demeaning. Some people find the miniskirt demeaning, ban that too?
Reply 21
reems23
Grouping all 1.5 billion Muslims as one collective group is a great idea.

Yea, it is, I always notice a pattern.
Muslims are less tollarent to other peoples values and religon.
Maybe its the way they are taught.
Reply 22
Chem555
Lot of these muslim counties have no respect for people of different religons living in their country! They usally have to keep a low profile.
And yet these muslims have the cheek to come over here and complain.

So you are saying we should be more like "these Muslims". ?
Reply 23
booraad
He added: “We are not Muslim bashing, but this is incompatible with Britain’s values of freedom and democracy.”

So to uphold freedom of speech/belief and democracy your going to ban the Burka in even private places. :facepalm:

Spoiler

UKIP are trying to win over the soft BNP supporters with this one. Just a stupid political stunt.
Reply 24
Aeolus

Oh you're trolling, I get it.
Reply 25
flying twig
Yes, and those muslim countries are pillars of democracy and human rights, we should all strive to be like them!!! :rolleyes:

You're making it out as if the UK is perfect. :rolleyes:
Reply 26
SpamBa
No, it is an example of giving women equal status in society. These garments are, in my opinion, demeaning and are not a required part of being a muslim.

What happens if a women choses to wear a burqa and is forced by law not to? Are they still given equal status with regards to other Westernised women who can wear pretty much anything?
Reply 27
Aeolus

Yea give them a taste of their own medicine!:mad:
SpiderP1g
You're making it out as if the UK is perfect. :rolleyes:

No, there are things that could be done to improve this country and those things certainly don't include dictating what people should wear

the uk is a whole lot better than most muslim countries in terms of freedom and democracy
Reply 29
I dislike the BNP however I'm very glad now that a party I'd consider voting for is starting to take a stand against the massed-colonization of England by foreign cultures. Keep it up UKIP and maybe Hug a Hoodie will wonder why he didn't win the election. Might have something to do with not representing peoples views.
Reply 30
I know one hell of a lot of muslims (and I do mean muslims who properly observe their religion, not lax ones) who deeply object to the burkha and see it as a tool of oppression, so I don't think it could be classed as islamophobia, really.

I personally don't like them. I have no objection to the headscarf at all, but I personally feel more comfortable when I can see the face of the person I'm talking to. Couldn't really say why, it's just sort of in-built.
Reply 31
If I wore a balaclava down the street I would get funny looks from people and probably asked to remove it by the police, the veil should be no different.
Reply 32
Chem555
Yea give them a taste of their own medicine!:mad:

Lets say for one moment that hypothetically, all Muslims are the illiterate tyrants you naively believe they are. If we were to base our society on the same values, then what right would you have to criticise them?

You would be a hypocrite. But of course what you say is nonsense. To even try and generalise over a billion human beings into one simplified stereotype is frankly, ridiculous.
Reply 33
Is this the platform upon which the UKIP expect to sweep in to power? I've never heard such silliness. If you amalgamate all the problems that the good ship Brittanica now faces you'd think they'd be able to come up with a few ideas that might actually help the country rather than worry about burkhas.

Clearly, it doesn't matter - large party or small - the caliber of British polititians must now have reached an all time low.
I seriously believe it is a requirement for female emancipation in an appallingly sexist culture.

The Burka is not required by Islam, it is a case of a male dominated culture trying to continue its horrendous subjugation of women with what is a very effective barrier to communication, and hence independence of any kind.

Yes, banning items of clothing obviously against freedom of choice, but it's the lesser of two evils in this case.
Reply 35
Good. Those garments are degrading to women and are not even required in islam.
SpiderP1g
You go on about freedom and democracy, however, you'e got parties who want to ban an item of clothing. That's very democratic isn't it. :rolleyes:

are you really stupid?

do you know what democratic means? it would be undemocratic to ban ukip and the bnp or any other political party
Reply 37
livvyyy
Good. Those garments are degrading to women and are not even required in islam.

Some of you women should cover up, I seen the sight on friday night, dressed like sluts, then get drunk then cry rape.
Reply 38
RyanT
I dislike the BNP however I'm very glad now that a party I'd consider voting for is starting to take a stand against the massed-colonization of England by foreign cultures.

:nopity: I love how so many young middle class boys have delusions of granduer when thinking about immigration. You like to imagine yourself as some kind of race warrior. It's actually very amusing.

Keep it up UKIP and maybe Hug a Hoodie will wonder why he didn't win the election. Might have something to do with not representing peoples views.

:teehee: Luckily, ill informed individuals, prone to sensationalism like yourself are in the minority. UKIP are fast losing the reasoned and rational support they once had from liberal citizens who valued freedom. They have sold this intelligent group of people out, for a collection of knee jerk, daily mail reading fools.
Reply 39
Banning the burka is giving Muslim women freedom to wear what they want except for the burka they want to wear. :yep: :dunce:

Latest

Trending

Trending