The Student Room Group

Am I barred? Id ban with no scanned id?

Hey, so I went to a pub and long story short I went in there and they didn’t scan my id or anything but when I brought a drink obviously they asked for id to check my age and I won’t get into the story fully however when I get home I emailed spoons telling there situation and they replied saying I was being absuive towards the staff even though I was just sticking up for my self and I literally have videos saying I’m not trying to cause an argument however the manager was escalating it and went on. In the email they said it’s advised I don’t go back to the pub. The question I want to get at is because they didn’t scan my id there is no way they can ban my id on the scanner? Or like they won’t use cctv or something to block me on the id scanner? Obviously I know if the lady sees me she will kick me out probably but in theory when I was at the bar they never actually said that I was “barred” or not allowed back they never kicked me”out even on the email that I sent I used a different name.

But my worry is that I won’t be allowed into other pubs if they scan my id but if they didn’t scan it then they can’t do anything right?
Original post by TheLostHDPenguin
Hey, so I went to a pub and long story short I went in there and they didn’t scan my id or anything but when I brought a drink obviously they asked for id to check my age and I won’t get into the story fully however when I get home I emailed spoons telling there situation and they replied saying I was being absuive towards the staff even though I was just sticking up for my self and I literally have videos saying I’m not trying to cause an argument however the manager was escalating it and went on. In the email they said it’s advised I don’t go back to the pub. The question I want to get at is because they didn’t scan my id there is no way they can ban my id on the scanner? Or like they won’t use cctv or something to block me on the id scanner? Obviously I know if the lady sees me she will kick me out probably but in theory when I was at the bar they never actually said that I was “barred” or not allowed back they never kicked me”out even on the email that I sent I used a different name.

But my worry is that I won’t be allowed into other pubs if they scan my id but if they didn’t scan it then they can’t do anything right?

Before I answer anything else - are you 18 (or older) or not?

You obv aren't ID banned, just banned banned. Reasonable chance of being physically harmed if you return (an abusive customer trying to get back in would likely give them a lot of leeway and motive to manhandle you, esp if you'd got aggressive with female staff)
Original post by 04MR17
Before I answer anything else - are you 18 (or older) or not?

Yeah I’m 20
Original post by StriderHort
You obv aren't ID banned, just banned banned. Reasonable chance of being physically harmed if you return (an abusive customer trying to get back in would likely give them a lot of leeway and motive to manhandle you, esp if you'd got aggressive with female staff)

I was trying to be civil however the manager kept getting involved I was just trying to clear up the situation but the manager was just going on a tangent
Original post by StriderHort

And the thing is I weren’t calling her names or anything like that like abusive as such it was more of the fact of addressing the situation idk how to explain it
I was trying to be civil however the manager kept getting involved I was just trying to clear up the situation but the manager was just going on a tangent

And the thing is I weren’t calling her names or anything like that like abusive as such it was more of the fact of addressing the situation idk how to explain it

There's not much I can really say to that given you aren't telling us what actually was said or what you were sticking up for. But IME it takes a bit of effort to go from being asked to leave a pub over ID and being banned.

You say you have videos, does that mean you stuck a camera in their face when talking? Obviously they won't be keen on that if so, I'd kick you out for that, bearing in mind the staff have a right to refuse and remove you at will.
Yeah I’m 20

Okay cool.

My advice is: don't return to that pub.

You could try going to a different wetherspoons, be on your best behaviour and if you are asked to leave then leave quickly and graciously.

Not sure there's much more to say than that.
Reply 8
Well, nowhere needs an ID to bar you. I know that, for example, places can Pubwatch you without ID, just use a camera image. Sounds like you're just barred.

Quick Reply

Latest