The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160

Nawr. I'm poor.
No. And I don't plan to.

1) I don't like how its chucked in our faces as though we HAVE to pay.
2) They play the sympathy card in the appeals.
3) They wouldn't help us if we needed help.
4) I simply don't care.
I do plan on giving about a tenner to the DEC but first of all I need my EMA to come through then I've got to pay some damn eBay seller fees. THEN the Haitians can have my cash.
Reply 163
I know that I should care but I really just dont, it doesn't even seem to be on the news thaaat much - natural disasters get boring
Who the eff do you think you are asking why we haven't donated yet?

Grow up.
tinktinktinkerbell
nope and i dont intend to, i have too many things i want to buy so im saving for them

Like some Weight Watcher products?
No, I haven't.
Linweth
Likewise, I do not think I would ever give money to the human race, the majority are selfish, backstabbing and despicable. I would much rather donate to an animal charity too, because in my case, I feel more for them.

I do expect replies of 'lol humans > animals' because it seems people do not like to be of the same equality of animals.

Finally some gratification our way i see!
Reply 168
Jeremy_Whiskers
Finally some gratification our way i see!

Ah yes I'm full of gratification :p:
I do know it's wrong, I wish I could change that view, but from experience it's kind of made me, not exactly hateful of humans, but pitiful towards humans. :frown:
TheLouisVuittonDon
Like some Weight Watcher products?

Grow up, stupid boy.
SpiritedAway
No. I am going to be brutally honest and say I don't care. And as heartless as I may seem, I expect 90% of people on here to feel the same. I have never been to Haiti before (openly and honestly I have never even heard of Haiti before now), I have no connection with the people, I don't know anyone from Haiti and just like everyone else on here, I will continue with my own life whether there was a natural disaster there or not, and to be quite frank, I don't earn enough to be giving my money to every natural disaster that appears, and giving my money won't make me happier with myself, but it will mean that I might go hungry one day, or have even less money to pay for my tuition fees.

(I do give to charity, I give often to Dogs Trust, because it is something I care about)

lmfao at dogs trust , are u ******* kiddin me ?

get a life
Well I keep dropping anything that isn't a quid or more change into the one in the SU shop.. so it's probably around a couple of quid :smile:
£6 not much but every little helps but I got my friends to donate
Reply 173
Yes. If you live in the United States, please text to 90999 to donate $10 to the American Red Cross.
Reply 174
No, and I won't be making any donations. I don't care about the whole thing, or the people of Haiti.
Reply 175
I haven't given anything to this cause. For once normal non-giving people are opening their wallets to clean up a problem, so I can direct my money at less popular but equally important causes. I can see this turning out to be another Tsunami where there is far too much money sent to solve the problem causing massive inefficiencies and grain just rotting in airports.
Gave £10. At least the people who say they don't care are being honest...so many people in this thread rationalising their not giving to make themselves feel better :rolleyes:
Reply 177
Not yet. I'm on standby to go out there, which will cost a load if I do. So I'll wait and see :smile:
Reply 178
£10, the cost of a trip to the uni pub.
Lilwaynefan
lmfao at dogs trust , are u ******* kiddin me ?

get a life

I think you need to get a life for pushing people against their beliefs :yep:. If it is something I strongly believe in, then why not? It is better than helping a hopeless case for a country where every time a natural disaster happens, they expect everyone else to bail them out instead of raising the funds to help themselves out.

Latest

Trending

Trending