The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Revd. Mike
:eek: But how do you know what I look like?

I *vaguely* recall... but that was a while ago, now...
Anyone ever tried Beergasm?
SuperSam_Fantastiche
Anyone ever tried Beergasm?

Funnily enough... no :p:

What is it? :ninjagirl:
Mad Vlad
Funnily enough... no :p:

What is it? :ninjagirl:

It's beer, with milk.

I just had one of the chocolate variety.

Word of advice: Don't. Unless you feel the need to be sick within twenty minutes.
SuperSam_Fantastiche
It's beer, with milk.

Word of advice: Don't. Unless you feel the need to be sick within twenty minutes.

That sounds really rank...:puke:
Okay, gays, I need opinions?

So last Saturday a friend and I dyed our hair at my flat, whilst my flatmates were away on holiday. I thought I'd cleaned up most of the dye from the bathroom afterwards, though I knew I'd missed a bit of it on the door until it was too late and basically stuck. However, this evening (2300 UK time) I got an email from my flatmate, saying:

We've been home a wee while and I've just noticed the state of the bathroom. There is purple hairdye everywhere and it is unlikely that the majority of it can be removed. If you had asked whether you could dye your friends' hair in our bathroom I would have said No because this would happen. We think it is rather inconsiderate of you and your friends to leave our bathroom in that state - especially since we do not own this place and could lose our deposit with messes like that. The hairdye is in the bath, on the wall beside the bath, on the floor, on the door, on the bathmat, on the handtowel and there is a huge patch on the shower curtain.

And I dunno how I missed all that dye and now I'm terrified she's really angry and gah I dunno. >.< I hate messing up and I'm terrified of people shouting at me. I've already sent her an email back apologising and stuff and saying I'll buy a new hand towel, but what else can I do? How angry does the email sound to everyone else? Am I just being paranoid? Gah. >.<
Reply 3266
Revd. Mike
:eek: But how do you know what I look like?

You showed me a picture when we were discussing your rocket costume :yep: and you were sad about not having green hair anymore

Sorry faerie can't help there, see what it's like when you get back?
Mad Vlad
I *vaguely* recall... but that was a while ago, now...

Probably better that way :p: It's not a pretty sight!

skipp
You showed me a picture when we were discussing your rocket costume :yep: and you were sad about not having green hair anymore

Oh yeah, duh! I completely forgot about that lol.

SuperSam_Fantastiche
It's beer, with milk.

That sounds horrendous :afraid:

Rainfaery

So last Saturday a friend and I dyed our hair at my flat, whilst my flatmates were away on holiday. I thought I'd cleaned up most of the dye from the bathroom afterwards, though I knew I'd missed a bit of it on the door until it was too late and basically stuck. However, this evening (2300 UK time) I got an email from my flatmate, saying:

And I dunno how I missed all that dye and now I'm terrified she's really angry and gah I dunno. >.< I hate messing up and I'm terrified of people shouting at me. I've already sent her an email back apologising and stuff and saying I'll buy a new hand towel, but what else can I do? How angry does the email sound to everyone else? Am I just being paranoid? Gah. >.<

Ack, hair dye is a nightmare :frown: I swear, everytime I've dyed my hair, I've spent hours cleaning up, and I'm sure I finish, then my dad starts yelling at me an hour later because he's found some I apparently missed :frown: I wouldn't worry too much, I'm sure it'll blow over. And it's still possible to clean it! Just keep going at it with bleach and stuff. the best stuff I found for dealing with it I sadly don't have any more, is a spray called "Count-Off" which you use in laboratories to clean up radioactive contamination :p:
Rainfaery

For a start, it's just as much your flat as it is hers, so she's in no position to be telling you whether you can or can't dye your hair in there.

Just keep bleaching it until it does go :h: check the mess out when you get back, make sure they're not exaggerating.
skipp
Hey hey Kiramayz :hugs:

Hey hey and mayz nearly rhymed...sort of :giggle:

good morning :smile:

i just wasted the last hour listening to music and reading about the life of James Hunt... i feel like I was born in a wrong era :frown:
Reply 3270
KiraMayz
good morning :smile:

i just wasted the last hour listening to music and reading about the life of James Hunt... i feel like I was born in a wrong era :frown:

Morning :wavey:

Don't we all :moon:
Reply 3271
I have found out that my body has become impervious to internet waves, so I can no longer sit at my desk and use the internet because I apparently block it :sad:
Gesar
I have found out that my body has become impervious to internet waves, so I can no longer sit at my desk and use the internet because I apparently block it :sad:

Do you have a directional antenna or something?
Reply 3273
No. In fact, it's always worked at my desk before, if sometimes being a little weak. But I had my laptop downstairs for a week, and now I've brought it back upstairs it won't connect to our network while I'm sitting in the way of the internets. I can sit on the floor with it on my lap and it's fine with 4 bars, and then put it down next to me so I'm in the way again and zilch.
Gesar
No. In fact, it's always worked at my desk before, if sometimes being a little weak. But I had my laptop downstairs for a week, and now I've brought it back upstairs it won't connect to our network while I'm sitting in the way of the internets. I can sit on the floor with it on my lap and it's fine with 4 bars, and then put it down next to me so I'm in the way again and zilch.

Obviously a human body sitting in the line of sight will attenuate the signal as the body is primarily made of water, which absorbs microwave radiation; but it shouldn't attenuate it that much. What router are you using?
Right now I'm glad that I'm going to Scotland for higher education. Saves me almost 8000 pounds (and between 3000-4000 Euros you'd have to pay for German university). :yep:

Yeah... pretty random.

Gesar, I changed my router because I had connection problems every couple of minutes. But they started really randomly. My new "old" router is working fine now. But your problem is seriously weird.
:loveduck:
Reply 3277
Mad Vlad
Obviously a human body sitting in the line of sight will attenuate the signal as the body is primarily made of water, which absorbs microwave radiation; but it shouldn't attenuate it that much. What router are you using?

I have no idea. My internet knowledge extends to plugging an ethernet cable into a wall when there's a socket available. My Dad's in charge of the wireless.
Reply 3278
BeyondandAbove
Right now I'm glad that I'm going to Scotland for higher education. Saves me almost 8000 pounds (and between 3000-4000 Euros you'd have to pay for German university). :yep:

Yeah... pretty random.

Gesar, I changed my router because I had connection problems every couple of minutes. But they started really randomly. My new "old" router is working fine now. But your problem is seriously weird.

The very best reason to be scottish :sadnod:

Although comparatively &#8364;3000-4000 isn't that bad, being a german student doesn't sound so bad either :hmmmm:

My internet is screwed...but it's telecoms' problem...they just seem to have a lot of problems and are mending them one by one until they finally fix it :p: new router seems to have improved things slightly though, so maybe good advice :yep:

KiraMayz
:loveduck:

Aww duck :hugs:

:penguinhug:
Gotta love a mass falling out with a housemate.

Latest