The Student Room Group

ntu or reading uni

i love the course equally at both, both have excellent modules and teachers, and both equal on the subject league table. so mostly the decision for me is about the location and social life. social life, nightlife, and having lots to do in the day are all really important to me, but the reputation (i'm sure you know what i mean) of ntu is a massive worry to me. i'm also an lgbt woman and have been bullied for this previously so wherever i end up i wanna make sure is somewhere i don't feel judged, so ideally somewhere with a larger lgbt presence. i liked both when i visited but the vibe of notts was a little rough and overwhelming, whilst reading's was underwhelming and a bit depressing - so i'm not exactly sure where to go.

don't wanna go to reading and feel disappointed and underwhelmed (since i wanted my uni experience to be exploring a more hectic, city-like lifestyle), but don't wanna go to notts and feel like a fish out of water in a rougher place. i wanted to go to sheffield because it felt like the perfect balance for me, but didn't get in. it's difficult. ig clearing is always an option.

thoughts?
Original post by Anonymous
i love the course equally at both, both have excellent modules and teachers, and both equal on the subject league table. so mostly the decision for me is about the location and social life. social life, nightlife, and having lots to do in the day are all really important to me, but the reputation (i'm sure you know what i mean) of ntu is a massive worry to me. i'm also an lgbt woman and have been bullied for this previously so wherever i end up i wanna make sure is somewhere i don't feel judged, so ideally somewhere with a larger lgbt presence. i liked both when i visited but the vibe of notts was a little rough and overwhelming, whilst reading's was underwhelming and a bit depressing - so i'm not exactly sure where to go.

don't wanna go to reading and feel disappointed and underwhelmed (since i wanted my uni experience to be exploring a more hectic, city-like lifestyle), but don't wanna go to notts and feel like a fish out of water in a rougher place. i wanted to go to sheffield because it felt like the perfect balance for me, but didn't get in. it's difficult. ig clearing is always an option.

thoughts?

If you're not happy with either of your choices, consider applying to another uni through UCAS Extra - but you will have to give up your current offers so think carefully. More info here:

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/after-you-apply/types-offer/extra-choices

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending