The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 1
zaaks786
HELP!!!!!!

ive applied for setinel halls as my res but now i think ive chosen the wrong halls....i shud have appplied for leodis.......................oh i dunno

Any ideas wat i shud do????

is it too late to change?or shud i just stick with setinel????

You can try phoning up and asking to change, the worst they can do it say no. I reckon it'll probably be easier to switch once you're in Leeds though. put in a request with the accomodation office a couple of days into term, there will be lots of free rooms as people drop out and request to move.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
yeah i was going to make a thread along these lines as well...
i changed my mind about going catered n now wna go self-catered, wiv leodis...

i think on the track your application part of the accommodation website theres a number it gives you if 'circumstances change or if you wish to amend anything then call..'
unfortunately, i forgot the number and my internet isnt working very well atm... bt if u go there and call the number maby the can let you no...

oh and pls let me no as well :smile:
Reply 3
yeah worth a shot - i rang up the accommodation office though on friday and they said they were in the process of sending out all the contracts so it may already have been decided...but its def worth a shot...
Reply 4
hmm.. yeah bt i dnt have my results yet :smile:

also, by moving in the first week of term.. the person u replaced neighbour's will have all kinda make friends so will be a little harder to make friends ur self.. so id rather do it now than then..
Reply 5
I think they still assign you accommodation though just in case, as this is the fairest way of doing it.....people with unconditional offers get assigned 25% of a halls max space and the rest is for conditional offers...

Also it says, once you've got your accommodation you won't be able to change it - only once you get there by going to accomm office and applying for transfer :-\
Reply 6
hmm.. yeah bt i dnt have my results yet :smile:

also, by moving in the first week of term.. the person u replaced neighbour's will have all kinda make friends so will be a little harder to make friends ur self.. so id rather do it now than then..
Reply 7
whoa sorry bout double post
Reply 8
okay so i shud just ring them up?????rite lemme go chk the website

i think i will...leodis sounds much much better....rite???!?!?!?!?i am making the right decsion..aint i!!!!ppl i need reassurance!lol
Reply 9
ok well i went to the website and i cnt track my application cos the tracker thing doesnt work.......damn.......

however i did read tht if ur wiv a conditional offer then ur only allocated ur accomadation after u get ur results...so i guess its best to make any last minute changes b4 then....
Reply 10
Yes......it may have already been decided but i'd ring up just in case - if you don't ask you don't get.
And leodis rocks :biggrin:
Reply 11
yeah, leodis is my first-choice self-catered... lets c wt the accommodation office sez bout that... lol
I don't see why everyone raves about leodis so much?!?! I saw it on the open day, and it was in a grotty area full of building sites, the rooms/kitchens etc were average compared to all the other accom but the prices were a lot more.
Reply 13
well i think ive decided to stick wit sentinel....cos sooooo many ppl hve applied for leodis i dnt wanna put it dwn and the not get it and end up in random halls...nah mean.....plus if im tht unhappy ill transfer.

yea went into leeds yday.....it was wicked...kinda wierd thinkin...this is wher im gonna live!!!!!hehe!! :biggrin:
marisad_uk
I don't see why everyone raves about leodis so much?!?! I saw it on the open day, and it was in a grotty area full of building sites, the rooms/kitchens etc were average compared to all the other accom but the prices were a lot more.

leodis was probably full of building sites cos its havin a loada new blocks built lol. but it is in a bit of a crap area, oh well. the price is more because it includes insurance and broadband aswell. i think the only place nicer than leodis is james baillie park, but its not in the right area for me.
Reply 15
I haven't been to see the area so i cant comment :-\ but it was the 10 mins from uni and internet connection that swung it for me.
on one side, up the hill, there is another set of halls and the uni, but on the opposite side of leodis its a bit dodge but youll probably have no reason to go down there (apart from going to the londis shop). i just thought leodis was sexy! hee hee

Latest