The Student Room Group

What did you buy with your first paycheck?

Scroll to see replies

Night out with my friends.. and my fake ID :colondollar:
Guitar Hero III legends of rock.
Reply 82
I bought a Zippo, bit random since I don't smoke
Probably went to Camden and blew it [all £40 ish of it] with nothing to show for it but a few bracelets, a t-shirt and a crepe.
Went towards a good night out :biggrin:
First paycheck 250 euros -- I don't remember what I bought, I was 13 :smile:
Reply 86
Peachesishere
Ohmygod! And what a moment that must have been :')

It really was :yep: seen them live twice since then and some of the best nights of my life!
Can't remember what I bought with my first paper round pay (I was 13), but with my first proper pay I bought a video iPod, which I still have :biggrin:
I got paid weekly, so... a new top!
I bought an Xbox One!
I saved up a couple weeks worth of savings at Maccie D's and brought it along with 6 games!
A car.
I work full time since its summer, earn around £300 a week (no tax) plus tips. I just spend it on clothes&food. I take my brothers out sometimes.
It was only about 100 per week from ToysRus so I think I bought Call of Duty 2, some decent aftershave and then got drunk at the pub.
Donated money to Afghanistan
Nothing, I shoved the lot into an ISA.
Nothing notable. I lived the exact same money tight life style I have lived all my life. Basically food and other things I have to buy (like transport, doing stuff with friend) then books and video games. I was on a temp job and didn't know how long I would be unemployed again afterwards and I tohught I would be going back to uni then so I just saved up. Considering it's been 5 months since my last job that was a wise move.
Original post by BOBO777
Hiya just wanted to know what people brought with their first paycheck.

Unfortunatly my family has this tradition where the whole paycheck goes to my parents so i didn't buy anything. Aaaww shuckkkss!

However with my 2nd paycheck i invited my mates round for a night in and ordered a MASSIVE takeaway order all of which was on me.

I only did one shift a week so my first few paychecks were bundled together and I bought a portable DVD player to take to university.
Reply 97
Donated money to charity

Posted from TSR Mobile
Family guy season 1

Posted from TSR Mobile
A teasmade for my mum.
She was working shifts at the time and would be up at 5 in the morning.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending