Turn on thread page Beta

emo kids watch

ReputationRep:
    what are your views on emo kids? personally i would go with a little pretentious and poseurish -especially if you've seen any of their myspace accounts, but a whole lot better than chavs/gangsta fashion and some of the guys can look quite good... i've got like a sideways parting now also, do you think people with that look like wannabe emos?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lirael Abhorsen)
    what are your views on emo kids? personally i would go with a little pretentious and poseurish -especially if you've seen any of their myspace accounts, but a whole lot better than chavs/gangsta fashion and some of the guys can look quite good... i've got like a sideways parting now also, do you think people with that look like wannabe emos?!

1stly EMO is a type of music (emotional music) not a thing you can be, i'm forever tellign ym best m8 this who belives he is an "emo kid" , It's been taken way tooo far, especially the whole "i'm emo, i've gotta be depressed " thing , it's ridiculous

ReputationRep:
    someone answer my thread pleeeease! rep to the first person that does!

ReputationRep:
    MySpace breeds emo kids! :rolleyes:
    But some people on there absoultely loathe them, are genuinely them or are posers. Generally I don't get it, I don't mind the music the fashion sense is cool but I wouldn't call myself one. Sideway partings don't necessarily mean 'emo' though.

And I agree some of the emo boys are quite lush. :love:

ReputationRep:
    I have a Joy Divison t-shirt and have all their albums does that make me an emo?

ReputationRep:
    Emotional Hardcore is not my thing. Nor are the people that take it too seriously. But I have no real beef with them. But they should sort their hair out, and stop posing on Myspace.

ReputationRep:
    whats the definition of an 'emo' kid then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    I have a Joy Divison t-shirt and have all their albums does that make me an emo?
    I love joy division! And i wear black gloves with the fingers cut off...

does that make me an 'emo' kid, or just plain ****ing weird?

ReputationRep:
    it depends on your view of them! not that they should technicly exsist as "emo" is a genre of music not a type of person DAMMIT!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully this will clear it up

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amzybaby24)
    it depends on your view of them! not that they should technicly exsist as "emo" is a genre of music not a type of person DAMMIT!!!
    Well, you gave a different description of emo as I would, so maybe it's all subjective...

And the people were never described as 'emos', but as 'emo kids'. I'd say they're the people who like they're emotional hardcore just that bit too much..

ReputationRep:
    hmm i'd say it's more attitude and clothing form the *emo kids* (grr) tht i no, including my best m8, dudes with straightened hair over eyes etc.
    i mean i love most the music, liek fightstar JIMMY EAT WORLD (emo founders) and FFAF etc, but i don't go in the whole "im emo let's get depressed coz life is fine and i really have no reason to complain"

ReputationRep:
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=emo+kid

this is another option but still theres infighting about the definition,
    has anyone got a link to that start an emo website?

ReputationRep:
    start an emo website ??? omfg that's pathetic!

ReputationRep:
    They suckness.

ReputationRep:
    I like some music that coudl be labelled as "emo", and I'm not blogging my suicide notes. :p:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.sykospark.net/emo/kit.html

it was quite funny i believe and should give the aspiring emo a place to start as well as making snide remarks for the rest of us to enjoy!

ReputationRep:
    i have a myspace. i havent looked at it in years. years i tell you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lirael Abhorsen)
    http://www.sykospark.net/emo/kit.html

it was quite funny i believe and should give the aspiring emo a place to start as well as making snide remarks for the rest of us to enjoy!

thts class cheers, made me laf loads... spec that "17" article

pick up lines - *do you blog here often :P*

ReputationRep:
    this is me disguised as an emo.... cool huh :cool:
    Attached Images

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2005
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.