The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
elpaw
he is saying "why aye man", not "why I man"

it amounts to the same thing *well actually it doesnt, but i dont care*
Reply 21
Ollie
plenty of space in byb3's house next year!! say ollie sent you!

Whats that? A secret code or something?
Reply 22
Bhaal85
which is the best accomodation in Sheffield?

Probably Stephenson hall.

However Ranmoors atmosphere is unattainable.

Adam
Reply 23
byb3
Probably Stephenson hall.

However Ranmoors atmosphere is unattainable.

Adam

Gonna be situated near the Crookesmere building (law).
Reply 24
tapton halls?
Reply 25
I wouldnt bother. Most of your lectures will be in the Octagon which is next to the student union. You will need to law building for seminars but that wont be every day and the law library. Mind you I think there is a specific hall that most law undergrads go into.
Reply 26
byb3
tapton halls?

tampon halls? is that some girls-only accomodation?
Reply 27
viviki
I wouldnt bother. Most of your lectures will be in the Octagon which is next to the student union. You will need to law building for seminars but that wont be every day and the law library. Mind you I think there is a specific hall that most law undergrads go into.

The student union was weird on the open day, these people where like giving out Gay, lesbian, bi-sexual leaflets out. I also stumbled into the cinema room where they where doing a sound test. lol
Reply 28
elpaw
tampon halls? is that some girls-only accomodation?

You are pissed, aren't you?
Reply 29
Bhaal85
You are pissed, aren't you?

as in drunk? yes/not as much as i was an hoiur ago
Reply 30
elpaw
as in drunk? yes/not as much as i was an hoiur ago

*hiccup* slllllllllllllllllllllllluuuuuuurrrrrrrpppppp *hiccup*
Reply 31
The union is always giving out dodgy leaflets you always end up taking them because you think they might be something good but they are always a load of crap. :biggrin:

The law department is too small for the amount of law students, but i dont think they have enough cash to build a new law department yet, so we have lectures in the octagon which is a big theatre like building opposite the union. There arent any desks so they give you a free clip board to balance on your knee :biggrin: Its a good idea to bring a cushion as well because the chairs are bloody uncomfortable. And its always cold.

Tampon halls :wink: I must have missed seeing that one in the prospectus.
Reply 32
We're not allowed them in rooms :frown:
Reply 33
picju96
We're not allowed them in rooms :frown:

We're not allowed them either - the cleaners have to report you if you have one). Though we have a nice cleaner who doesn't mind but the rooms get spot checked randomly over the term by the head cleaner lady who is a cow, so unless you hide it every day you can't have one (and hiding it is pointless because then you'd have to switch it off, so beer/wine/alcohol wouldn't be cold anyway). One of my housemates had a microwave and he got told to remove it, or it would be confiscated by the cleaners.

But we have 2 small fridges between 10 of us in our kitchen which isn't so bad.
Reply 34
Chicken
We're not allowed them either - the cleaners have to report you if you have one). Though we have a nice cleaner who doesn't mind but the rooms get spot checked randomly over the term by the head cleaner lady who is a cow, so unless you hide it every day you can't have one (and hiding it is pointless because then you'd have to switch it off, so beer/wine/alcohol wouldn't be cold anyway). One of my housemates had a microwave and he got told to remove it, or it would be confiscated by the cleaners.

You can hide it under the desk in our accom. The cleaners never come past the doorway and you cant see under the desk from there. Yours must be the same as Constable where the desk is opposite the doorway and not side on like ours. If you read the agreement for our accomodation were not allowed any high wattage electrical appliances in rooms, but I dont know exactly what that includes.
Reply 35
Chicken

We have 2 between 8, and the flat next door has 2 between 4 (lucky b******s)!!
Reply 36
Chris_
You can hide it under the desk in our accom. The cleaners never come past the doorway and you cant see under the desk from there. Yours must be the same as Constable where the desk is opposite the doorway and not side on like ours. If you read the agreement for our accomodation were not allowed any high wattage electrical appliances in rooms, but I dont know exactly what that includes.

Yep our rooms are exactly the same as constable. The only place to hide it is in the cupboard, and there aren't any plug sockets there...

My housemate with the microwave got a letter telling him to remove it and 'reminding' him of the terms of the contract, and they highlighted the items that you couldn't have which conveniently included mini-fridge, microwave, etc...
Reply 37
I know someone in my hall who has one in his room, but it was already there. I think only the single ensuite rooms in my hall have them, but dunno for sure. In my block, we have a kitchen to share with everyone else on the floor (not sure, we might have 2 kitchens), so people can leave their stuff in the fridge in there, but that does mean people can take your stuff.. most people put their names on things.
Reply 38
I share a kitchen between 11, we have 1 fridge and 1 freezer, it's not big enough, we're petitioning for another, but realistically there's not room.
Reply 39
We're not allowed fridges in rooms, but have two fridges beteen 4 of us which is pretty good. It would be pretty easy to have one though as no-one comes in your room except for scheduled room inspections once a term giving you time to hide all your "refrigeration and heating equipment".

Latest

Trending

Trending