Anybody get a mini fridge for university? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    he is saying "why aye man", not "why I man"
    it amounts to the same thing *well actually it doesnt, but i dont care*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    plenty of space in byb3's house next year!! say ollie sent you!
    Whats that? A secret code or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    which is the best accomodation in Sheffield?
    Probably Stephenson hall.

However Ranmoors atmosphere is unattainable.

Adam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)
    Probably Stephenson hall.

However Ranmoors atmosphere is unattainable.

Adam
    Gonna be situated near the Crookesmere building (law).

ReputationRep:
    tapton halls?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt bother. Most of your lectures will be in the Octagon which is next to the student union. You will need to law building for seminars but that wont be every day and the law library. Mind you I think there is a specific hall that most law undergrads go into.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)
    tapton halls?
    tampon halls? is that some girls-only accomodation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    I wouldnt bother. Most of your lectures will be in the Octagon which is next to the student union. You will need to law building for seminars but that wont be every day and the law library. Mind you I think there is a specific hall that most law undergrads go into.
    The student union was weird on the open day, these people where like giving out Gay, lesbian, bi-sexual leaflets out. I also stumbled into the cinema room where they where doing a sound test. lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    tampon halls? is that some girls-only accomodation?
    You are pissed, aren't you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    You are pissed, aren't you?
    as in drunk? yes/not as much as i was an hoiur ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    as in drunk? yes/not as much as i was an hoiur ago
    *hiccup* slllllllllllllllllllllllluuuuuuu rrrrrrrpppppp *hiccup*

ReputationRep:
    The union is always giving out dodgy leaflets you always end up taking them because you think they might be something good but they are always a load of crap.

The law department is too small for the amount of law students, but i dont think they have enough cash to build a new law department yet, so we have lectures in the octagon which is a big theatre like building opposite the union. There arent any desks so they give you a free clip board to balance on your knee Its a good idea to bring a cushion as well because the chairs are bloody uncomfortable. And its always cold.

Tampon halls I must have missed seeing that one in the prospectus.

ReputationRep:
    We're not allowed them in rooms

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by picju96)
    We're not allowed them in rooms
    We're not allowed them either - the cleaners have to report you if you have one). Though we have a nice cleaner who doesn't mind but the rooms get spot checked randomly over the term by the head cleaner lady who is a cow, so unless you hide it every day you can't have one (and hiding it is pointless because then you'd have to switch it off, so beer/wine/alcohol wouldn't be cold anyway). One of my housemates had a microwave and he got told to remove it, or it would be confiscated by the cleaners.

But we have 2 small fridges between 10 of us in our kitchen which isn't so bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    We're not allowed them either - the cleaners have to report you if you have one). Though we have a nice cleaner who doesn't mind but the rooms get spot checked randomly over the term by the head cleaner lady who is a cow, so unless you hide it every day you can't have one (and hiding it is pointless because then you'd have to switch it off, so beer/wine/alcohol wouldn't be cold anyway). One of my housemates had a microwave and he got told to remove it, or it would be confiscated by the cleaners.

You can hide it under the desk in our accom. The cleaners never come past the doorway and you cant see under the desk from there. Yours must be the same as Constable where the desk is opposite the doorway and not side on like ours. If you read the agreement for our accomodation were not allowed any high wattage electrical appliances in rooms, but I dont know exactly what that includes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    We have 2 between 8, and the flat next door has 2 between 4 (lucky b******s)!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris_)
    You can hide it under the desk in our accom. The cleaners never come past the doorway and you cant see under the desk from there. Yours must be the same as Constable where the desk is opposite the doorway and not side on like ours. If you read the agreement for our accomodation were not allowed any high wattage electrical appliances in rooms, but I dont know exactly what that includes.
    Yep our rooms are exactly the same as constable. The only place to hide it is in the cupboard, and there aren't any plug sockets there...

My housemate with the microwave got a letter telling him to remove it and 'reminding' him of the terms of the contract, and they highlighted the items that you couldn't have which conveniently included mini-fridge, microwave, etc...

ReputationRep:
    I know someone in my hall who has one in his room, but it was already there. I think only the single ensuite rooms in my hall have them, but dunno for sure. In my block, we have a kitchen to share with everyone else on the floor (not sure, we might have 2 kitchens), so people can leave their stuff in the fridge in there, but that does mean people can take your stuff.. most people put their names on things.

ReputationRep:
    I share a kitchen between 11, we have 1 fridge and 1 freezer, it's not big enough, we're petitioning for another, but realistically there's not room.

ReputationRep:
    We're not allowed fridges in rooms, but have two fridges beteen 4 of us which is pretty good. It would be pretty easy to have one though as no-one comes in your room except for scheduled room inspections once a term giving you time to hide all your "refrigeration and heating equipment".

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.