The Student Room Group

Difference between ensuite and ensuite premium?

Ideally for University of Leicester but I'm sure this definition applies to other unis too.

Does anybody know what the difference is? Bigger rooms?
When I looked at Southampton accom, they used the term "plus" etc to refer to newer builds and bigger rooms. The newer builds had generally less grotty kitchens and bigger shared living spaces and the rooms were slightly bigger. Not sure if its the same for Leicester but probably along this line
Better kitchen, bigger bed/room and mini-fridge in room for mine I think.

I didn't get a premium en-suite but I think that is what seems to be the difference for my university between the regular ensuite and band E/premium one.

Better to check with the university though.

Edit: found this link here https://rooms.le.ac.uk/student_portal
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by ramy2004
Ideally for University of Leicester but I'm sure this definition applies to other unis too.

Does anybody know what the difference is? Bigger rooms?

Hey there @ramy2004 !

This completely depends from uni to uni so I'd recommend getting in touch with the accommodation in question to ask what their ruling is on it but usually the general consensus is bigger rooms. Sometimes they may have a bigger bed but not always. I remember in my second year accommodation that ensuite plus rooms had a wet room instead of a cubicle shower but this may be different in your case. I also found that in the plus room I had last year that there was more windows and the view was better. Sometimes if you're living in a high-rise building the plus rooms mean that you're on a higher floor with a better view than the regular rooms. My ensuite plus room also had a bigger heater than the regular ones did.

Hope this helped!
Lucy - Digital Student Ambassador SHU

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending