The Student Room Group

Are you a caffeine addict?

Hey everyone,

Those of you that like to drink coffee, tea, fizzy drinks and etc excessively. Do you ever think of the possible side effects caffeine can have? Lol i didn't im addicted to coffee, i have like fours cups of it everyday (starbucks). I guess its not a bad thing as their are pros and cons, but i want to cut down to one cup a day. Any advice how to cut down, have you been in a similar situation?

Pros and Cons of caffeine source:
http://www.ehow.com/facts_5150210_pros-cons-caffeine.html

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't really drink coffee much.

But tea :coma: Yes, I am probably a tea addict :colondollar:
Reply 2
I'm addicted to caffeine- quite literally. I get a banging headache if I don't get it.
yes, yes i am.
drink circa 3 cans of coke zero daily along with many teas.
have done for years.
im still alive :smile:
i have about 320-350mg of caffinee a day. every day :P

so yeah haha. energy drinks are too good.
I drink about 5 cans of diet coke and have at least a couple cups of tea but I suffer no ill effects if I don't have it.

The main problem with having 4 starbucks a day i would say are the calories (but thats maybe because i love caramel lattes with whipped cream on top).
Yep. I'm addicted to quite a few substances.
Tea, coffee, coke.. :coma:

Surely 4 Starbucks a day costs a bomb :lolwut:
I usually drink one can of diet coke per day, but am trying to cut down!
bigbosss
Hey everyone,

Those of you that like to drink coffee, tea, fizzy drinks and etc excessively. Do you ever think of the possible side effects caffeine can have? Lol i didn't im addicted to coffee, i have like fours cups of it everyday (starbucks). I guess its not a bad thing as their are pros and cons, but i want to cut down to one cup a day. Any advice how to cut down, have you been in a similar situation?

Pros and Cons of caffeine source:
http://www.ehow.com/facts_5150210_pros-cons-caffeine.html

just hve one cup of starbucks in the morning and then drink regular instant coffee, or detox yourself inentirely- you will fell rubbish for a few days, but after you will not have to rely on caffiene
Reply 10
I couldn't function without caffeine!

How do you afford 4 Starbucks a day?!
I am - if I dont have my coffee I get a terrible headache and feel generally awful
Oh, I am.

I tried to give it up for a week.

Those were dark, dark days.
Reply 13
I actually am. I mostly drink tea, occasionally coffee, but when I went for a couple of weeks without caffeine a while ago, I found I was genuinely craving tea and getting the most enormous headaches. Crazy stuff!
Reply 14
moregano
I couldn't function without caffeine!

How do you afford 4 Starbucks a day?!

Me to lol my brain doesn't work without caffeine, i work part-time including weekends !
Reply 15
Leighthesim
just hve one cup of starbucks in the morning and then drink regular instant coffee, or detox yourself inentirely- you will fell rubbish for a few days, but after you will not have to rely on caffiene

hi,
i will give that i go, if it goes down well. i will stick with it for a week even thou i crave for it.
bigbosss
hi,
i will give that i go, if it goes down well. i will stick with it for a week even thou i crave for it.

good luck, i had to detox from drinking coffee in egypt- but one cause it tasted gross. but when i got back i started drinking it again, not good really
Democracy
I don't really drink coffee much.

But tea :coma: Yes, I am probably a tea addict :colondollar:

This.

I'm even drinking tea atm :biggrin:
Reply 18
Leighthesim
good luck, i had to detox from drinking coffee in egypt- but one cause it tasted gross. but when i got back i started drinking it again, not good really

Thanks for the heads up! lets just hope i dont crave! lol
yup i have that caffiene syndrome which is similar to withdrawal from drugs like heroin and cocaine cant function most days without my daily dosage of caffiene :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending