The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
And from the original...

Bridget Jones: This calls for some really tiny knickers!

Daniel Cleaver: Come on Bridget, we belong together you, me, your little skirt. If I can't make it with you then I can't make it with anyone.
Bridget Jones: That's not a good enough offer for me...im still looking for something, more extraordinary than that"

Tom: Whose side are we on?
Shazzer: Mark's of course. He did leave Bridget for a naked American!
Bridget Jones: But he did run off with Daniel's fiancee and left him broken-hearted.
Tom: You're right, it's such a tough one to call!

Bridget Jones: Here is the man we like to call Mr., uh, [to herself] Titspervert! Titspervert! [to audience] Fitzherbert. Because... that is his name.

Mark Darcy: I realize that when I met you at the turkey curry buffet, I was unforgivably rude, and wearing a reindeer jumper...

Bridget Jones: Wait a minute... nice boys don't kiss like that.
Mark Darcy: Oh, yes, they ****ing do!

yeah babaaay! :sheep:
Reply 21
loved the scenes in the two films when bridget falls down from the firepole and from the helicoptor!!!!!
Reply 22
"I think i may have made a huge mistake inviting u and ur folded underpants into my life!"
Reply 23
Can't remember the exact quote but I love it in The Edge Of Reason (the book) when Bridget's writing her Christmas cards when she's drunk and she writes one to Tony Blair, telling him she respects him not only as a politician but as a man...hahahahaha :biggrin: :rofl: ...I remember choking on what I was eating I was laughing so hard at that bit. The films are great but the books are far funnier - read them!
Reply 24
LHMarsh10
Can't remember the exact quote but I love it in The Edge Of Reason (the book) when Bridget's writing her Christmas cards when she's drunk and she writes one to Tony Blair, telling him she respects him not only as a politician but as a man...hahahahaha :biggrin: :rofl: ...I remember choking on what I was eating I was laughing so hard at that bit. The films are great but the books are far funnier - read them!

:ditto:
books are better!-although that doesn't mean i don't love the books and watching colin firth :p:
Reply 25
FlyingIsis
Bridget Jones: Here is the man we like to call Mr., uh, [to herself] Titspervert! Titspervert! [to audience] Fitzherbert. Because... that is his name.

yeah babaaay! :sheep:

hahaha.. omg.. i so have to got watch it again now..

the first one is so much better than the second! Anyone agree??
Reply 26
yeh the first is beta....but u can't beat that opening scene where brigdet falls into pig sh*t ooooo and her lil fantasies and being high on magic mushrooooooooms! heeheehe
Reply 27
LeVintage!
yeh the first is beta....but u can't beat that opening scene where brigdet falls into pig sh*t ooooo and her lil fantasies and being high on magic mushrooooooooms! heeheehe

Okay, I'm in the minority, but I like the second one better. :redface: [I've even sat and watched the whole commentary version..oh the shame!]
OMG Bridget Jones has to be the best film ever!!! I have seen it so many times and love it!!!! As for the Edge of Reason, well thats fab too!!! Here are my fave quotes, there's just to many to remember though!!!

Bridget: Resolution #1: uggg - will obviously lose 20 lbs. #2: always put last night's panties in the laundry basket. Equally important: will find nice sensible boyfriend and stop forming romantic attachments to any of the following: alcoholics, workoholics, sexaholics, commitment-phobics, peeping toms, megalomaniacs, emotional ****wits, or perverts. Will especially stop fantasizing about a particular person who embodies all these things. (No i have not watched the film too many times!)

Bridget: Bridget Jones, wanton sex goddess, with a very bad man between her thighs... Mum... Hi.

Bridget: Daniel, what you just did is actually illegal in several countries.
Daniel Cleaver: That is one of the reasons that I'm so happy to be living in Britain today.

FIGHT. Come on then, it's a real live fight.

Shazzer: Introduce people with thoughtful details. Such as: "Sheila, this is Daniel. Daniel, this is Sheila. Sheila enjoys horse-riding and comes from New Zealand. Daniel enjoys publishing and comes..."
Bridget: ...all over your face?

Mark Darcy: Natasha, this is Bridget Jones. Bridget works in a publishing house and she used to play around naked in my paddling pool.

Mark Darcy: I like you, very much.
Bridget: Ah, apart from the smoking and the drinking, the vulgar mother and... ah, the verbal diarrhea.
Mark Darcy: No, I like you very much. Just as you are. (The best bit)

Daniel Cleaver: Crist! is that blue soup? (So , so funny!)

Another year a Brand new diary - Edge of reason quotes!

open the f*cking parachute, pull the thing or you will die!

Bridget Jones; You to have a genuinely gorgeuous bottom.

Daniel cleaver: Ever wanted to do it in the dark with a total stranger?

Bridget jones: What is Daniel Cleaver doing on the television?

Bridget Jones: Wonder what Mark darcy would be like as a father? Father of his children i mean not to me. That would be a wierd Oedipus like thought!

Bridget Jones: You can't do this, I'm English and an award winning journalist..well maybe not award winning but i have been to lots of ceromonies!

(Can't remember her name, her other friend not shazza) You have fine legs bridget, Climbers legs!

Rebecca:Bridget Jones
Bridget Jones: No i'm Bridget Jones
Rebecca: That's what i meant (I love it)

Daniel Cleaver: Tosser! speaking of tossers hows mark darcy?(That was hilerious)

There we go if i think of any more i shal come back and post! But seriously - Love Bridget Jones, and how nice is Hugh grabt especially in a wet shirt!
Reply 29
"Can you believe ive been coming here since I was like 11?"
"Wow..a whole 3 years"

Thats probs the complete wrong quote but u get my point..
Reply 30
JELLYFISH ATTACK! :p:
Reply 31
"What i'm trying to say... Is that I like you..Just as you are.."

tut..i want someone to say that to me :frown:
Reply 32
Annik
"What i'm trying to say... Is that I like you..Just as you are.."

tut..i want someone to say that to me :frown:

Doesn't everyone?! :frown:

It's things like this that despite her faults, make you wish you were Bridget. Or at least had a Mark Darcy. :biggrin:
The books are far better than the films. I do love the films though :biggrin:
Reply 34
you are a legend :biggrin:

shopaholic_soph
OMG Bridget Jones has to be the best film ever!!! I have seen it so many times and love it!!!! As for the Edge of Reason, well thats fab too!!! Here are my fave quotes, there's just to many to remember though!!!

Bridget: Resolution #1: uggg - will obviously lose 20 lbs. #2: always put last night's panties in the laundry basket. Equally important: will find nice sensible boyfriend and stop forming romantic attachments to any of the following: alcoholics, workoholics, sexaholics, commitment-phobics, peeping toms, megalomaniacs, emotional ****wits, or perverts. Will especially stop fantasizing about a particular person who embodies all these things. (No i have not watched the film too many times!)

Bridget: Bridget Jones, wanton sex goddess, with a very bad man between her thighs... Mum... Hi.

Bridget: Daniel, what you just did is actually illegal in several countries.
Daniel Cleaver: That is one of the reasons that I'm so happy to be living in Britain today.

FIGHT. Come on then, it's a real live fight.

Shazzer: Introduce people with thoughtful details. Such as: "Sheila, this is Daniel. Daniel, this is Sheila. Sheila enjoys horse-riding and comes from New Zealand. Daniel enjoys publishing and comes..."
Bridget: ...all over your face?

Mark Darcy: Natasha, this is Bridget Jones. Bridget works in a publishing house and she used to play around naked in my paddling pool.

Mark Darcy: I like you, very much.
Bridget: Ah, apart from the smoking and the drinking, the vulgar mother and... ah, the verbal diarrhea.
Mark Darcy: No, I like you very much. Just as you are. (The best bit)

Daniel Cleaver: Crist! is that blue soup? (So , so funny!)

Another year a Brand new diary - Edge of reason quotes!

open the f*cking parachute, pull the thing or you will die!

Bridget Jones; You to have a genuinely gorgeuous bottom.

Daniel cleaver: Ever wanted to do it in the dark with a total stranger?

Bridget jones: What is Daniel Cleaver doing on the television?

Bridget Jones: Wonder what Mark darcy would be like as a father? Father of his children i mean not to me. That would be a wierd Oedipus like thought!

Bridget Jones: You can't do this, I'm English and an award winning journalist..well maybe not award winning but i have been to lots of ceromonies!

(Can't remember her name, her other friend not shazza) You have fine legs bridget, Climbers legs!

Rebecca:Bridget Jones
Bridget Jones: No i'm Bridget Jones
Rebecca: That's what i meant (I love it)

Daniel Cleaver: Tosser! speaking of tossers hows mark darcy?(That was hilerious)

There we go if i think of any more i shal come back and post! But seriously - Love Bridget Jones, and how nice is Hugh grabt especially in a wet shirt!
Reply 35
What struck me was how different the books are from the films! Rebecca's not a lesbian! SHE's A JELLYFISH!
Reply 36
lol ! oh i love this thread! :biggrin: "Lord and Lady Darcey!"
sneezyme
you are a legend :biggrin:

Thanx!!!! i try my best and love the films just too much!!! :smile:
Reply 38
Gwen
Doesn't everyone?! :frown:

It's things like this that despite her faults, make you wish you were Bridget. Or at least had a Mark Darcy. :biggrin:

I want a Mark Darcy, or at least someone as nice and good looking :biggrin: Maybe if I'm good enough Santa will bring me something nice in my stocking this year :p:

Gwen
"I'm a frauline and I met a frau-boy. Mitten baby havin'!" :rofl:

:rofl: I love that quote :rofl:
Reply 39
CheesyBeans
The books are far better than the films. I do love the films though :biggrin:

Oh yes Far funnier! Although films very good too. Cannot remember exact quote but:

Phone rang. Answer it and was Tom!
"Bridget! How are you? My goodness you've lost so much weight!"
" Have I?!" I said delighted, until I remembered observation was being made down telephone line.

Latest