The Student Room Group

Think my housemates read my diary help

I’ve been going through a tough year and decided to write some of my thoughts down esp when i was feeling agry,isolated , upset ofc I didn’t actually mean it and it was my thoughts wen I was going through a difficult period . However I’m concerned as I hid my dairy in my room ( I share house with my friends )and wen it came to moving out I couldn’t find it anywhere . Idk where it’s gone I’ve looked in my boxes and p much evrywheere . I don’t kno what to do , I feel violated and embarrassed, that diary had my inner most thoughts and vulnerable moments and not jus feelings bout ppl but secrets bout me . I haven’t spoken to my housemates that much this summer but they want to see me to hangout idk whether to ask whether they have seen my dairy or to leave it be and avoid the conflict . It’s been affecting me very much over the past few months . I just feel so violated cuz I always hid my dairy in the same spot over the past year and now it’s missing . So idk what to do .
How do I get over something like this , I wrote about my fLatmates in a negative way in the heat of the moment , we have never argued I genuinely love the friendship.should I ask them about the diary . Any help appreciated
(edited 1 week ago)
Original post by amber2106
I’ve been going through a tough year and decided to write some of my thoughts down esp when i was feeling agry,isolated , upset ofc I didn’t actually mean it and it was my thoughts wen I was going through a difficult period . However I’m concerned as I hid my dairy in my room ( I share house with my friends )and wen it came to moving out I couldn’t find it anywhere . Idk where it’s gone I’ve looked in my boxes and p much evrywheere . I don’t kno what to do , I feel violated and embarrassed, that diary had my inner most thoughts and vulnerable moments and not jus feelings bout ppl but secrets bout me . I haven’t spoken to my housemates that much this summer but they want to see me to hangout idk whether to ask whether they have seen my dairy or to leave it be and avoid the conflict . It’s been affecting me very much over the past few months . I just feel so violated cuz I always hid my dairy in the same spot over the past year and now it’s missing . So idk what to do .
How do I get over something like this , should I ask them . Any help appreciated

Ask them if they have seen your diary. Tell them your diary contained your inner thoughts, and you did not want anyone else reading it. It is best to be open to them - your housemates may not realise how important the diary is to you
Maybe don’t say say it’s a diary, just ask them if they’ve seen a notepad of yours or whatever and describe what it looked like.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending