The Student Room Group

Help please :(

Will someone tell me what this means? its for a hacking game (100% legal).

<!--
function abfrage1() {
var code = new Array("a", "b", "c", "d", "e", "f", "g", "h", "i", "j", "k", "l", "m", "n", "o", "p", "q", "r", "s", "t", "u", "v", "w", "x", "y", "z");

Eingabe = window.prompt("Password : ","");

if(Eingabe != ((code.length)*100)/2-66)
{
window.location.href="denied.htm";
}
else
window.location.href=Eingabe+".htm";
}

// -->
</script>

Thankyou

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
felixjmorgan

<!--
function abfrage1() {
var code = new Array("a", "b", "c", "d", "e", "f", "g", "h", "i", "j", "k", "l", "m", "n", "o", "p", "q", "r", "s", "t", "u", "v", "w", "x", "y", "z");

{
}
else
}

// -->
</script>

Thankyou

It's a password security system. I believe array assigns a certain password. Next you have to submit a password (Eingabe) to get to the right internet page (e.g. your mail inbox). Subsequently the program checks whether the password you submitted has a certain length (I am not completely sure about this). If the length is not OK, you are denied access (denied.htm). If the length is OK, you get access to Eingabe+.htm.

It must be something like, but it is a bit unclear to me. Maybe someone else has a better knowledge about this. BTW: which programming language is this?
Reply 2
way2go
It's a password security system. I believe array assigns a certain password. Next you have to submit a password (Eingabe) to get to the right internet page (e.g. your mail inbox). Subsequently the program checks whether the password you submitted has a certain length (I am not completely sure about this). If it the length is not OK, you are denied access (denied.htm). If the length is OK, you get access to Eingabe+.htm.

so whats the password? lol
Reply 3
felixjmorgan
so whats the password? lol

As far as I can see, it doesn't give one. It's only password length that matters. The length of the password must be code*100/2-66. Then your question would be: what is code? - I don't know.

Do you also have a print of the function abfrage? There is must say what the code is, I think.
Reply 4
way2go
As far as I can see, it doesn't give one. It's only password length that matters. The length of the password must be code*100/2-66. Then your question would be: what is code? - I don't know.

Do you also have a print of the function abfrage? There is must say what the code is, I think.

so it has to be less than 66 characters, but more than 2, but it can be any word?
Reply 5
I thought this was for a computer game?? What computer game? mhmhmmhmh :rolleyes:
Reply 6
aliel
I thought this was for a computer game?? What computer game? mhmhmmhmh :rolleyes:

an online game

http://scifi.pages.at/hackits
Reply 7
felix you should do it alone!

it gets v tricky towards the end, if anyone has got past the one after the encrypted javascript one to the one that links to a .js file which contains no data id be interested
Reply 8
help please
lol
Reply 9
TK0
felix you should do it alone!

it gets v tricky towards the end, if anyone has got past the one after the encrypted javascript one to the one that links to a .js file which contains no data id be interested

my mate got to level 14. dno what level ure on bout tho
Reply 10
felix the code is a-z

code.length is therefore 26, so

26*100)/2-66 would be 1234

see
Reply 11
TK0
felix the code is a-z

see

lol. thankies. u probably wont believe me, but i worked it out about 10 seconds before i read this. lol. thankyou though
Reply 12
felixjmorgan
so it has to be less than 66 characters, but more than 2, but it can be any word?

No it has to be code.length*100/2-66 characters. So if the code is 'geek', it has length 4, so your entry (eingabe) has to be 4*100/2-66=134 characters long. That doesn't make sense to me, but this is what I understand about it. I am not a programmer, so maybe someone else has a better view on this. Anyway, good luck with it. I have to go. Bye.
Reply 13
felixjmorgan
lol. thankies. u probably wont believe me, but i worked it out about 10 seconds before i read this. lol. thankyou though

lol nah its alright when u get to it, doesnt help that i cant write jscript myself.

level 8s a lil tricky trying to remember what i did
Reply 14
TK0
lol nah its alright when u get to it, doesnt help that i cant write jscript myself.

level 8s a lil tricky trying to remember what i did

i cant work out how to get source for level 6. ah well. lol
Reply 15
yeh level 10 is the one i was talking about

<script language="JavaScript" src="www.academy.dyndns.org/hackits/security_levels/source4.js">

is the link in the file, which only contains

<!-- Tschebyscheff said it, and I say it again:
There is always a prime between n and 2n.

...have a nice day...
-=[the creator]=-
//-->

doesnt look like a password script to me!
Reply 16
TK0
yeh level 10 is the one i was talking about

<script language="JavaScript" src="www.academy.dyndns.org/hackits/security_levels/source4.js">

is the link in the file, which only contains

<!-- Tschebyscheff said it, and I say it again:
There is always a prime between n and 2n.

...have a nice day...
-=[the creator]=-
//-->

doesnt look like a password script to me!

Try to look into your browser`s cache. Real .js file is there. :smile:
I completed 14 levels without reading any paper about JavaScript or JAVA, ever. 15th level involves some knowledge about Apache servers, more precise : .htaccess files. I haven`t suceeded to pass it. A friend gave me the URL to the 16th level, so i took a peak. If you want it tell me.
16th level involves some english crypted text that have to be decrypted in order to complete game. If someone is interested, here it is:

"Cxitpla fxe hxemj xeg pxa gx cxort gpqc xmt,"
"keg mxa at aqoo bptbn qh fxe nmxa gpt bxoxezc."
"Apsg bxoxez qc gpt ksbnlzxemj xh gpqc vslt?";

If i`ve made too many mistakes, i`m sorry. English is not my nature language.
Looking at the arrary you can form a possible of 26 characters and the length would be 26 so your password is 26*100/2-66 and that equals 1234 hope that helps let me know if it works

felixjmorgan

<!--
function abfrage1() {

{
}
else
}

// -->
</script>

Thankyou
Reply 18
TK0
felix the code is a-z

see

not bad TKO!
I have never worked with jscript, do you know why the operator is "!=" and not jsut "="? That is completely differnet from all programming languages I know, what does it mean? Must learn...
Reply 19
ben2111
not bad TKO!
I have never worked with jscript, do you know why the operator is "!=" and not jsut "="? That is completely differnet from all programming languages I know, what does it mean? Must learn...

!= is not equal to, whereas = is the assignment operator.

Latest

Trending

Trending