The Student Room Group

CIE IGCSE english literature, did anyone take this exam the 19th???

how did you find this exam????
i thought it was hard. i didn't have time for my last book!:frown:

i wrote on :

the crucible (did question 2: chose the ending of act 2 and 4, this was great. i wrote three sides as i had studied those scenes the hour before with my english teacher)

keats poems (did question 2 about the Eve of St Agnes. it was lucky because it was the poem i knew best. i thought it wouldn't be in the exam because it had been in the previous one. i wrote three sides again about the setting, the characterisation and the narration)

Far From the Madding Crowd (i did the context question which was hard:s-smilie: , i wrote only two pages and was out of time and ideas!)

how did you find the exam?
did you do any of the questions i did? if so please tell me what you wrote for that question
Same problem. I totally ran out of time. :frown:

Do you have any idea where the grade boundary is for an A*?

Thanks!
That exam was really bad for me. I'm not good at literature at all anyway. For the Crucible I did the 3rd question, where I pretended to be danforth and wrote my 'thoughts'. I got bored after writing 1 side. Then I did Ode to A Nightingale for Keats and wrote a load of nonse for about one and a half side. Then I did Stories of Ourselves how the author makes one of the following characters in one story memorable (mrs croft in 3rd & final continent). I wrote about a side and a half for that as well. In total I wrote 4 sides. Not good. I'm just rubbish in literature tbh and I'd be happy if I get a C / B grade.
Reply 3
Prisonbreak94
That exam was really bad for me. I did Ode to A Nightingale for Keats and wrote a load of nonse for about one and a half side. .

yeah, i read the question and gave up because it was so hard. i thought that i would do better with eve of st agnes.
Reply 4
Did you get copies of any of the poems in the exam?
Nitekitten
Did you get copies of any of the poems in the exam?

Yeah, we got the whole booklet. Why, didn't you?

Ahh, I'm so depressed about this exam. I can't stop thinking about it. I really wanted to get straight A*s but it looks like that dream's out of the window now. :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending