The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

I only need one! But he has to meet my standards!
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
What standards would they be? height restrictions! hehe i have that
Oh God, I have a huge long list of criteria, it's terrible. But this is an example of my luck: in my gap year I have met about four single men within ten years of my age. One of them is perfect for me. He's got it all.

He thinks I'm too young. :frown:
LOL. That sucks, susie!

I was thinking it'd be fun to have a gf at uni... everyone I know says it's best not to, but hey. Gotta be single for Freshers' week tho! :p: All my mates went out and pulled a whole flock of absolute munters last year and regretted it... I'd rather pull one nice girl than 200 uggers.

What are your criteria?
If I told you that it wouldn't be a secret! :p:

Seriously, there are loads of silly things, I'd be embarrassed to say. But I don't tend to go for the same guys everyone else goes for. You'd have thought I'd have more luck with this guy considering there's no competition.....but no. :frown:
And yeah, I'd much rather pull one really nice guy than a dozen mingers!
iv got a bf now but were gona split up for uni :frown: hes been with me 3 years too i love him so much, gona be wierd without him but it jsut wudnt be realistic to be far apart.
Reply 27
wednesburywench
iv got a bf now but were gona split up for uni :frown: hes been with me 3 years too i love him so much, gona be wierd without him but it jsut wudnt be realistic to be far apart.

I split up with my bf because of uni :frown:
I was in that position two years ago when my ex went away. We decided to stay together at the time.
Reply 29
wednesburywench

Thats really sad that you have to break up after such a long time together, but at least you have both made the choice before hand instead of falling out of love because you don't see each other enough etc.

I'm so lucky as my bf of four years lives in Bristol!! In fact, he lives in a flat opposite Manor Hall, strange but true!!! Hes got a chemistry degree from Exeter and wants to teach at some point in the future!! :rolleyes:
Did it work?

I have one really weird criterion, too. I only like girls if they seem a little arrogant and stuck-up... I don't actually like arrogance but - weirdly enough - I'm attracted by it :eek: A girl like Summer (the OC) is what I mean! :smile:
Clarkey_Berlin
Did it work?

I have one really weird criterion, too. I only like girls if they seem a little arrogant and stuck-up... I don't actually like arrogance but - weirdly enough - I'm attracted by it :eek: A girl like Summer (the OC) is what I mean! :smile:

You mean me and my ex?

I'm the opposite - I find arrogance a total turn-off! :redface:
Yeahh... like did a long-distance relationship work out okay?

I think most people find it a turn-off! I dunno why, but I love it when a girl has *that* look. They have to be nice to people, tho - I can't stand nastiness! :eek:
Reply 33
Clarkey_Berlin
I dunno why, but I love it when a girl has *that* look. They have to be nice to people, tho - I can't stand nastiness! :eek:

They've got to have the appearance of being confident and outgoing I think :smile:
Clarkey_Berlin
Yeahh... like did a long-distance relationship work out okay?

I think most people find it a turn-off! I dunno why, but I love it when a girl has *that* look. They have to be nice to people, tho - I can't stand nastiness! :eek:

Yeah it was good. I quite liked it in a way, even though I missed him so much. Basically I had my own life at college, saw my own friends and concentrated on my college work. He had his life at uni, saw his friends and concentrated on his degree. We spoke on the phone every night, sometimes for minutes if we were busy, sometimes for hours. He came home twice a term and I went to visit him for a few days once each term, which was brilliant. And then the rest of the time he was home for the holidays. All in all, we saw each other about once every three weeks. We really appreciated what we had because we didn't live in each other's pockets.

We lasted just over a year in the long-distance relationship (we were together for quite a while before he left as well) and when we eventually broke up it wasn't because of the long distance. We're still really good friends now. It's great. :smile:
Reply 35
Geordie_in_HK
just keep drinking constantly then you'll never know!

I'm gonna be such a lightweight in freshers (lost my capacity over summer) - just means you spend less money though :smile:

Oh dear - Reading festival has increased my capacity some huge amount. Then again - today is the first day since results that I haven't been drunk on. No lies.

But obviously I'm too mature to think that drinking's cool.

:eek:

(no really - I respect the non-drinkers. Hell - non-drinking boys pull so easily!)
Reply 36
Steveee
Oh dear - Reading festival has increased my capacity some huge amount. Then again - today is the first day since results that I haven't been drunk on. No lies.

But obviously I'm too mature to think that drinking's cool.

:eek:

(no really - I respect the non-drinkers. Hell - non-drinking boys pull so easily!)

Did you go to reading?? Was there on the saturday, so much fun!!!
Reply 37
temilola
Did you go to reading?? Was there on the saturday, so much fun!!!

Saturday was great - I danced in the Bacardi Bar for about four hours. Eddie Temple Morris is such a great DJ! And the Foo Fighters. Wow.
Reply 38
Shelbycakes
What standards would they be? height restrictions! hehe i have that

maximum or minimum? :p:
Reply 39
Steveee
Saturday was great - I danced in the Bacardi Bar for about four hours. Eddie Temple Morris is such a great DJ! And the Foo Fighters. Wow.

It was so good - Dave Grohl = absolute legend!

I quite fancy him, is that weird?
Cxx

Latest

Trending

Trending