Reply 40
Lol..Obviously.

Bollywood chat lines don't even work in India..Forget the UK.! :biggrin:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 41
Phantom_X
Oh also, British people tend to resent pakistanis more (the slightly more eloquent racists anyway vocalise this). Many of them tend to like Indians as they work hard.

However, shame on you for economics ! Maybe because I was rubbish at the subject lol

I had science in my 12th as well.But I never really liked Science and I love Eco..So I guess it would be a great option.!

Plus after reading zillions of lists I have concluded the chances of me getting a plum job would be better..!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
As long as you can speak english you will be fine. Racism really is not a problem. You will always get the occasional idiot will make a comment but that's life i suppose. Nothing to worry about.
Reply 43
Well now that this is settled.

Another pressing question was::Is it tougher for non-EU students to get a job after graduation??what kind of a job can I expect if say i am extremely good at Eco in univ,among the toppers?
Would it be more difficult for me?
Reply 44
shubham_ag
Well now that this is settled.

Another pressing question was::Is it tougher for non-EU students to get a job after graduation??what kind of a job can I expect if say i am extremely good at Eco in univ,among the toppers?
Would it be more difficult for me?

Burger King
Reply 45
^^lol.That is a joke right!! :P
Manchester has a huge south Asian population; you're hardly likely to be an outcast.
Reply 47
shubham_ag
Hey all.

I applied for BA.Econ in 5 univs this year.....And I have received an offer from the University Of Manchester.....

The thing is..I really liked the univ..the city..plus it is ranked really high from the employer perspective in most of the rankings I have come across...It even has a great international rep. as far as I know..

Well..But I am having a difficulty with view of the racism problem in UK.I have heard that people in your country are generally hostile towards Indians in particular.....Just heard...Please correct me if I am wrong...I have been a pretty outgoing person my entire life And I do not think I would be able to survive 3 years somewhere if I am going to be socially outcast..

Actualy I just want to know.Is any of this true..?
Are the girls...guys ..everyone in general not very receptive towards Indians..?
I am a 17 year old Hindu guy..5'5 tall....My English is pretty OK....So I just wanted to know..Would I feel socially aloof in Manchester for that matter?
Are the people prejudiced against Indians.?

Thanks in advance for all your replies.

Cheers,
Shubham.

Take my advice. Remain in India and instead go to the University of New Dehli. You can get a summer job as a pukka wallah at some Bangalore Call Centre to pay for your annual tuition fees. Also it means that a more deserving UK student will get a Manchester University place. We don't want any more immigrant students applying to study in the UK as a back-door route to getting a job thus depriving an English school a job opportunity. :mad:
Reply 48
Ahaa..Guys..This is the kind of attitude I was talking about..!

What exactly do you mean..More deserving?

And why the hell do you think that all Indians use this as a backdoor entry for getting jobs in the UK..?
shubham_ag

And why the hell do you think that all Indians use this as a backdoor entry for getting jobs in the UK..?

Ignore it Shubham, a lot of bitter people talk like that. :rolleyes:
Reply 50
The only problem I can see is you pulling hot chicks; at 5'5 there might be abit of an issue :p:
Reply 51
shubham_ag

This forum is full of nationalist, racist idiots. I've never seen an attitude like that in Manchester, let alone at the University. There is a big asian community in the city, and a big international community at university. Don't worry about it.
Reply 52
TI-84
The only problem I can see is you pulling hot chicks; at 5'5 there might be abit of an issue :p:

I'll deal with that..NO issues..! :P
Reply 53
I think you'll be fine mate. There is a large community of international students in Manchester, plus a lot of Indians live in Manchester outside of the university.

As long as you don't hold extreme views yourself, people don't give them back. At least, that's what I've found (I'm not an international student but have friends who are). You may find a couple of idiots, such as on this forum, but I'd wager that in 'real life', no-one would say these ridiculous things to you. And you won't be a social outcast, Manchester is so huge that there are friends for everyone :biggrin:
Reply 54
Of course you will be a social outcast. We don't want Indians, and so stay where you are. You are taking up a place that is meant for more deserving English students.:yes:
Reply 55
Jamjar
Of course you will be a social outcast. We don't want Indians, and so stay where you are. You are taking up a place that is meant for more deserving English students.:yes:

are you a University of Manchester student?
Reply 56
Jamjar

Do you have any basis to support your recurring statement of "more deserving English student" ?
Or are you just a born prick??
Reply 57
Overall, does uni of manchs have a large hindu population?
Reply 58
S_G
Overall, does uni of manchs have a large hindu population?

what do you class as 'large'? there is a hindu society in manchester. I can only imagine that they're fairly well represented, there is a very large international and asian population in Manchester and at UoM. That said, I haven't personally seen any reps from the Hindu society around campus like I have with the Islamic and Jewish societies.

http://www.umsu.manchester.ac.uk/societies/list/details.shtml/National-Hindu-Students-Forum-(Manchester)?socid=372
Reply 59
(I haven't read the other replies)

There are so many Indians at this university. I've seen them, know them, etc.

I haven't heard any complaints about racism.

In fact, my Indian flatmate, who was also a bit worried about racism, expressed that one of the things he liked the most about Manchester is how tolerant and friendly it is.

Latest

Trending

Trending