The Student Room Group

didn't meet the conditions

I applied for aerospace engineering at uni of Sheffield and received a conditional offer (85% in maths and one other sci subject) but I did not meet the condition for math and only secured 70% due to some reasons, however, got 90%+ in both of the other sci subjects, will I be accepted or not? also I m ready to take any of their entrance test, if they have one, for compensating.
Original post by twiiinklee
I applied for aerospace engineering at uni of Sheffield and received a conditional offer (85% in maths and one other sci subject) but I did not meet the condition for math and only secured 70% due to some reasons, however, got 90%+ in both of the other sci subjects, will I be accepted or not? also I m ready to take any of their entrance test, if they have one, for compensating.

On the university itself can answer that question. And even they probably won't be able to tell you until A level results day, when they will know how many offer-holders have met their offer conditions and so how many (if any) places might be available for those - like yourself - who have not.
Reply 2
gotcha. nevertheless, do the all conditional offers that haven't been firmly accepted goes to clearing?
gotcha. nevertheless, do the all conditional offers that haven't been firmly accepted goes to clearing?

On A level results day, the university will confirm that place of any "firm" offer-holders who have met Sheffield's offer conditions. They'll also so the same for any "insurance" offer holders who have met Sheffield's offer conditions, but who weren't accepted by their firm university. Then they'll look at how many places (if any) they have left.

If the course if already full, then that's it. However, if there are still some places left, the university has a choice. It can confirm the places of some offer-holders (firm or insurance) who were a "near miss" in terms of their offer conditions, of they can open the course to Clearing in the hope of filling the course that way. Or they can do both.
As said nobody but the university can answer this but it doesnt look good for you. Maths is the key subject for Engineering and to be that far short doesnt look promising.

They will have to decide on A level results day what spaces they have left and whether they will take somebody so short in a key subject.
Reply 5
Original post by swanseajack1
As said nobody but the university can answer this but it doesnt look good for you. Maths is the key subject for Engineering and to be that far short doesnt look promising.

They will have to decide on A level results day what spaces they have left and whether they will take somebody so short in a key subject.
ikr, exam was really tough and there were some personal reasons as well yk.. though I managed to achieve 95 in physics which is kinda a key subject as well. tbh i'm really nervous about what imma do if I got rejected from every where
ikr, exam was really tough and there were some personal reasons as well yk.. though I managed to achieve 95 in physics which is kinda a key subject as well. tbh i'm really nervous about what imma do if I got rejected from every where

Your post is specifically about Sheffield. Do you have any other offers, where your achieved results meet your offer conditions?
If your rejected from everywhere then you would need to apply elsewhere through clearing. Sometimes universities accept students with dropped grades but a 15% drop is a lot in a key subject. I know in past years some universities have been very strict over Maths for Mathematical subjects like Engineering or Computer Science but all you can do is hope for the best. Is this from an Indian qualificatio as its very early in the year
Reply 8
Original post by DataVenia
Your post is specifically about Sheffield. Do you have any other offers, where your achieved results meet your offer conditions?
umm yeah I have from nottingham (requiring 90) Liverpool (requiring85)
Reply 9
If your rejected from everywhere then you would need to apply elsewhere through clearing. Sometimes universities accept students with dropped grades but a 15% drop is a lot in a key subject. I know in past years some universities have been very strict over Maths for Mathematical subjects like Engineering or Computer Science but all you can do is hope for the best. Is this from an Indian qualificatio as its very early in the year
oh we can apply elsewhere as well? and yes.
oh we can apply elsewhere as well? and yes.
Anybody who isnt holding any offers on results day can apply elsewhere through clearing. Universities sometimes accept lower grades or points but not usually in a key subject. I remember a few years ago I think it was Manchester for Computer Science rejected an Indian student 1 mark below in Maths even though they exceeded the overall percentage,
Reply 11
Anybody who isnt holding any offers on results day can apply elsewhere through clearing. Universities sometimes accept lower grades or points but not usually in a key subject. I remember a few years ago I think it was Manchester for Computer Science rejected an Indian student 1 mark below in Maths even though they exceeded the overall percentage,
gosh, can I change my course as well? and apply to somewhat similar to it?
gosh, can I change my course as well? and apply to somewhat similar to it?
You would need to find somewhere that didnt have such a stringent Maths requirement. That is likely to be your issue.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending