The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
raor

To be honest the paper was a joke. There were more C/D grade questions compared to B/A/A*. I have a funny feeling that friday will be the same. Hopefully it proves me wrong ;D.:eek3:

What?! you want a harder paper? lol... WEIRDO. lol Jk.. nahh my motto in life is accept what you have been given.. so if they give us easy papers... just accept them even if they don't challenge us at all (which is sooooo bad isn't it? lol) :wink:
Reply 41
cafekko
What?! you want a harder paper? lol... WEIRDO. lol Jk.. nahh my motto in life is accept what you have been given.. so if they give us easy papers... just accept them even if they don't challenge us at all (which is sooooo bad isn't it? lol) :wink:

Lol I would've enjoyed completing a challenging paper. But this was a joke.
Reply 42
raor
Lol I would've enjoyed completing a challenging paper. But this was a joke.

I just feel gutted for revising all this hard content and then going into the exam to find none of it on there... even that last question was wayyyy to easy to be the last question on a higher exam in my opinion.
Reply 43
Bridderss
yeh i got 29, but lots of people are debating whether it is 32??

Definatley 29, my teacher told us this morning when we were going through a paper she'd done herself.
Sorry if this has been brought up before, I'm on my phone so i cba to go through the thread :P

what did everyone get for the question where you had to change 8m^3 into cm^3?
Reply 46
RATM33
The probability one was 28/90 right?

Yeah thats what i got, but i simplified it 14/ 45?
Reply 47
For the last question i put 32, and loads of people did the same, but i had a feeling it would be 29 aswell. Hopefully i get some marks for working out (yn)
Reply 48
C-Pizzayne
Sorry if this has been brought up before, I'm on my phone so i cba to go through the thread :P

what did everyone get for the question where you had to change 8m^3 into cm^3?

It was 8,000,000 cm^3.

I got 29 as well!
And 6 1/3 for the algebra. I failed the probably by adding up some fractions wrong and getting 29/90, but i'll get working out marks. The trapezium was 120cm^3.

Also, what did everyone get for the equations that show volume? I put the 2nd and 3rd one. I had the 3rd and 5th until I saw that 4 and pi were not dimensions.
Reply 49
that 19/3 question i put as 6 1/3
Reply 50
Bridderss
what did everyone put for the polygon question??

72 degrees.
All the exterior angles added together of any shape = 360 degrees.
So if you just divide it by the number of sides (5) it = 72.
Reply 51
the fraction multiplication is right the simultaneous equations are right. which algebra one are you talking about?
the answer to the last question is definitely 29 and for the frequency polygon, you draw a bar chart and then connect the middle of the bars together
Reply 52
i put the 2nd and 3rd ones for the volume, and 6.3333 is right for the algebra one :smile:
Reply 53
it was good although i messed up the last question and got 30. and the length of the side of the traingle i put 10 orginally but crossed it out and put 14 as i though you wud add 4, so i think i'll get 91/100- same for my mock
Reply 54
roshy93
the fraction multiplication is right the simultaneous equations are right. which algebra one are you talking about?
the answer to the last question is definitely 29 and for the frequency polygon, you draw a bar chart and then connect the middle of the bars together

the last question was 29 but for the frequcny polygon, you don't draw any bars, it's a line graph
Reply 55
the good thing about the maths papers are that the answer mark is very low. i mean that for the last question, although worth five marks, you could still get 4 with the wrong answer
Reply 56
yeah, you can do it both ways, i don't think the bars are necessary. this is what i did:

http://www.onekobo.com/Articles/Statistics/statsImgs/24Graph-002.jpg
Reply 57
with the frequency polygon you can put bars but it is not necessary, this is what i did:

http://www.onekobo.com/Articles/Statistics/statsImgs/24Graph-002.jpg
Reply 58
the bars are not important but you can do them. i don't think you will lose marks for putting them in but may be wrong.
Frequency polygons. Do you plot the midpoints? (Eg. 1-5 You'd plot at 3?)
And Cumulative frequency diagrams, you plot at the higher number?

Latest

Trending

Trending