The Student Room Group
Reply 1
guitargirl9
hey y'all
i jus found out from a friend, about 30mins ago, that i need to do an english essay on either comparing "pride and prejudice" the book to the tv adaptation, or else do an essay on analysing a tv advert.... anyone offer any help??????

of course you gotta go for the tv advert thing! i mean its so easy if you know how to blag and use big words. I mean take one of the child abuse adverts, throw in some research on child abuse, the significance of the scenes, impact of the scenes, what you think of the scenes and how successful has the makers been at achieving their aim of getting the public to be so sympathetic that they donate.
OR maybe you can do that advert where they try and get us to feel sorry for the phone beceause its an older version and has a boring face. talk about the humanisation of an object and how something like a phone is being humanised to such an extent because its such a huge part of everyday life. OR i mean choose one of the clothes advert with skinny beautiful people, talk about why you think they chose certain people to appear in the advert and if it would have had the same effect if someone different had starred in it- then relate it to the michelle mcmanus stuff about how visual is so important!
Use ya brain love! hehe
Reply 2
young_free
of course you gotta go for the tv advert thing! i mean its so easy if you know how to blag and use big words. I mean take one of the child abuse adverts, throw in some research on child abuse, the significance of the scenes, impact of the scenes, what you think of the scenes and how successful has the makers been at achieving their aim of getting the public to be so sympathetic that they donate.
OR maybe you can do that advert where they try and get us to feel sorry for the phone beceause its an older version and has a boring face. talk about the humanisation of an object and how something like a phone is being humanised to such an extent because its such a huge part of everyday life. OR i mean choose one of the clothes advert with skinny beautiful people, talk about why you think they chose certain people to appear in the advert and if it would have had the same effect if someone different had starred in it- then relate it to the michelle mcmanus stuff about how visual is so important!
Use ya brain love! hehe

hey, thanks for ur message,
i did the homework in the end, i used pride and prejudice, lol, i woke up at 6am and did it then!! it's ok now anyway, we got an extension on it.
but yeah, ur ideas were pretty kool, thanks.
i stil got physics cswk in for next week, and chemistry deadline's comin up, its all this year 11 rubbish!! argh!! stress!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending