The Student Room Group
I also did 1,3,5,7. Easy paper i thought tho couldn't decide between question 7 and 8 but went with 7 because i didnt know the case study for global warming. Also was struggling with the benefits tourists bring to honeypot sites :/
Reply 2
Robpattinsonxxx
I also did 1,3,5,7. Easy paper i thought tho couldn't decide between question 7 and 8 but went with 7 because i didnt know the case study for global warming. Also was struggling with the benefits tourists bring to honeypot sites :/

ah me too,
I said money into the local economy, bring culture that can be shared pfft), more developments and strengthening of transport...

For one disadvantage I said they could sabotage the area e.g. steal things from ancient monuments.. like pieces of rock... ha, again stupid answer, huh :tongue:
what did you put?
funny, i did 2,4,6,8!! found it pretty easy to be honest, no big problems.
I did 1, 3, 6 and 7.

I didn't know the case study on global warming - what was it? I only knew the one about effects on Europe, had no clue about causes.

Case studies:
1 - san franciso earthquake.
3. china's one child policy.
6. holmewood's changing energy supplies, north east derbyshire.
7. limestone quarrying in the peak district national park.

I'm quite pleased - i don't know why stressed so much! Woke up at 4 to revise :colondollar:.

what was the answer to the question about resolving the conflicts in honeypots? I had to guess that :/. wrote like a page on crap, haha.
Reply 5
1, 3, 6, 8.

Yes, I quoted figures whenever they were given just to be sure.

I loved it, everything I wanted came up and plus, 6 and 8 were more scienfitic than anything else so it was fine!
i wrote that tourists stray off paths and leave gates open, damaging fields and causing soil erosion :smile: I didnt know case study for mining, despite doing the question so i just did holmewood, hopefully it'l be ok :wink:
1, 3, 5 and 7.
For one of my points on how tourists benefit honeypot sites I wrote that the National Park Authorities will want to preserve the area to keep attracting tourists, and local people will like this too :| I'm not even sure if that's relevant haha.

I thought it was a good paper overall, could have been much worse :smile:
i did 2, 3, 6 and 8.

2 went okay i think. i'd rather have had the case study on managing erosion though as i don't think i know enough about spits for 7 marks. also, i'd rather have done rivers excpect rivers wasn't an option and i know more about coasts than plate tectonics.

3 was quite easy and i knew that case study well. (:

6 was alright. i wanted to do industry or tourism, but neither of them were options and i am more confident with energy than farming. but i think i knew enough for the energy questions.

8 was alright. i hadn't revised acid rain or global warming that much, however i already knew quite a lot about both of them so was able to answer the questions.
I did 1, 3, 5 and 8.

1 was awesomely easy, although since my case study was Kobe, I found that there was a little bit of repetition.

3 was also awesomely easy since the case study and the points were well known.

5 was pretty straight forward and the farming case study was not exactly hard! :p:

Finallyyyy, 8 I liked a lot since I know a lot about global warming and simply referred to things I'd heard on the news and just knew through general knowledge for the last question.

All in all, a good paper - looking forward to the skills paper now! :biggrin:

Oh and how did everyone do in their coursework?
Reply 10
I did 1,3,6,8.

I'm extremely pleased with the paper, seeing as I hate physical geography, and that was minimal in that paper, more to do with the effects of physical geography in question 1!

I got 23/25 in my coursework, so 92%.

Does anyone know where I can get revision notes for skills paper? (Part 2)?
I bet rivers or coasts will come up in the skills or population/settlement because they didn't come up today. I got an A in my coursework :smile:
Reply 12
Population and settlement came up?!

So did coasts.

I hope rivers comes up :biggrin:
Reply 13
alexandragazi

I'm quite pleased - i don't know why stressed so much! Woke up at 4 to revise :colondollar:.

oh my god i did the exact same thing! i did a different ocr exam today though :smile:
Lol to the above ^^.

time to sleep after exams, me thinks!
seeing as i live in leicester, i kinda had to do the leicester one, plus the case study was really easy, as that was our coursework! for which i got 100% so that was easy. i did the coasts question, the leicester one, the energy one, again based on leicestershire! and the global warming/acid rain one, which i couldn't really relate to leicester!!
i wanted to do the farming questions with energy case study, but couldn't!
also wanted to do the national parks as i much preferred that, but didn't like the case study, so did the global warming.
how did people find the skills paper? i thought it was pretty good except the last question! which was a bit random. kinda felt like the examiners couldn't be bothered to think of/couldn't think of another question so just stuck a nice big 6 marker on the end!!

Latest

Trending

Trending