The Student Room Group

Calling all 2012 VetMed entry hopefuls, *VERY* Early i know!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4000
Original post by Ogrice80
Well they asked me what dogs and cats were vaccinated with and i said all the names, and then they were like 'so what does this disease do? and this disease?' i was like errr... :L

I was in the afternoon :smile: at 4:05pm. I was in the room upstairs :P how about you?

I had 2:25 :-) I was in the one to the left of the stairs! Arrived about 12 though as I really didn't want to be late :P
Reply 4001
Original post by adou
emm.. I hv exams next week, and I really want to know does my e-mail received today means a confirmed offer, this whole thing stress me out.. and I cannot study properly aww..

I received a e-mail form Edin and it says " ...hope to get confirmation of your offer .... In the meantime: congratulations ... " I cannot understand wt does it mean, do I hv a offer not?

really thx

I haven't received anything like that. Have you checked the Edinburgh portal thing? The only thing I can recommend is to ring them tommorow and ask the admissions department :-)
Reply 4002
Okay guys can you maybe give me some advice, i really really want to go to glasgow and I've had my interview not really sure how it went though :/ i dunno i just can't tell! so I'm just thinking of the worst so i don't get too upset if i get a rejection. Anyways my mum thinks i should pull out of the liv and notts and if i don't get into edinburgh or glasgow i should just take a gap year and reapply. Im really not sure if I should do this, as if i do get an offer from an english uni and get rejected from glasgow ad edinburgh I'm not sure if i would really want to go there and of course its really really expensive :frown: what do you think i should do??? will it look bad if i decline a offer from liv/notts just so i can take a gap year and try applying to glasgow again??

sorry I'm blabbing on a bit but really not sure what to do any advice would be appreciated! thank youu
Reply 4003
Original post by Zoe.h
! They must have loved that topic today!! What room/time were you?! And how was your interview? xx

I was at 2:25 in the room to the left of the room where you went upstairs. One of my interviewers was called Becky :-) I thought mine went alright generally, how did you find yours?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4004
Original post by Beccy99
I had 2:25 :-) I was in the one to the left of the stairs! Arrived about 12 though as I really didn't want to be late :P

Ah i was on the tour at 2. We went past the interview rooms, i might have seen you inside them ha :P What did you think of Langford?
Reply 4005
L
Ah i was on the tour at 2. We went past the interview rooms, i might have seen you inside them ha :P What did you think of Langford?

I went to the open day back in the summer and absolutely loved it!! Bristol is my favourite and to think its all rested on 20 minutes!!
Reply 4006
Original post by Beccy99
L

I went to the open day back in the summer and absolutely loved it!! Bristol is my favourite and to think its all rested on 20 minutes!!

that's good :smile: Yeah I know! Ah well at least we find out quickly with Bristol :P
Reply 4007
that's good :smile: Yeah I know! Ah well at least we find out quickly with Bristol :P

Come to think of it it may have beem the 2 tour that I bumped into as we were going in for interview!
Original post by Lizzywoo
mines at 2pm :smile:

Oooh that's cool! Definitely keep an eye out for you! Are you nervous?
Do you have all your references?
Reply 4009
Original post by Beccy99
Come to think of it it may have beem the 2 tour that I bumped into as we were going in for interview!

oo possibly, did our tour guide wish you guys luck? because we did meet 5 girls going to their interviews on our tour ha
Reply 4010
oo possibly, did our tour guide wish you guys luck? because we did meet 5 girls going to their interviews on our tour ha

Yeah she did! I was the one who replied :-P It was all a bit of a blur to be honest! I was just trying to keep myself together haha
Original post by Marley13
I worked on a small holding this summer and got to watch the pigs being slaughtered and then got to butcher them, I thought it was a fantastic experience. It's never nice seeing an animal killed, whether at an abattoir or by a vet, but that was their intended purpose and they were killed humanely.

I can see how it could be educational to butcher them and possibly at a stretch observing slaughter (I'll freely admit that as a vegetarian this would be hard for me), but I also think there's a big difference between observing the process and taking part in it yourself.
Reply 4012
Had my RVC interview today, probably the most scary thing I've ever done!!! Sounds like everyone at the Bristol interviews is hearing quickly :frown: RVC said they wouldn't give out offers til mid-March :frown: Really don't think I can wait that long to know!!
Original post by Zonexi
Had my RVC interview today, probably the most scary thing I've ever done!!! Sounds like everyone at the Bristol interviews is hearing quickly :frown: RVC said they wouldn't give out offers til mid-March :frown: Really don't think I can wait that long to know!!

They wait and release all their decisions in March. The only downside to being interviewed in December is having to wait a full three months. :frown:
:reaper:

bristol interview done and dusted, phew! what a day!
Don't worry! My Bristol Interview went horrendously too.. They didn't ask me anything on my personal statement.. or work experience, or diseases. :L Just vaccinations (which i wish i knew more about)! and ring worm :frown:

I only got asked about my vet experience and my week of dairy (which was 18 months ago so I could hardly remember anything). :frown:
Original post by AmyDav
Me and the other vet apps in our year that look on here

How many are there this year? Is it five?
Reply 4017
Does anyone know when Glasgow start giving out offers? I had my interview on Monday and it wasn't too bad, they asked loads of questions about my personal statement but no standard questions like cat/dog vaccines, why do you want to be a vet? etc.

Also, I've applied to RVC and I'm really worried because everybody seems to be having interviews at the moment and I've not heard anything :frown: I don't know if Scottish students are interviewed at a later date or when that would be? I only got 4.7 4.9 3A on my BMAT, so I don't know if that's too low :/
Reply 4018
Original post by dizzeedollee
^
i think i might just withdraw, i don't think i could bear a rejection :frown: (

Don't you dare withdraw! I will judge you if you do :wink:

Loads of people think they did absolutely terribly, but that's because you are your own worst critic. Remember, they don't expect you to know everything.... if you did, what would be the point in going to vet school!?

Just know that you have done what you can. If you get a place - fantastic! And if you get rejected, it will be horrible, but think of it as a learning experience. You'll know what to expect for future interviews, and you can always re-apply. (taking a year out is NOTHING, believe me!!)

Don't withdraw! You'll always regret thinking "what if??". You've made it through the hardest part, so you should definitely wait for the outcome. Stick with it :smile:
Original post by Zonexi

How did it go? What was the style of it like? I'm so anxious, I'm torn between wanting an offer but not wanting to do an interview >< What sorta questions did they ask?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending