The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
CookieDoughLove
Awwww buddy :console:

Thanks. It was a pretty horrific Christmas... :frown:
>Anna<
I actually don't remember...probably someone at school told me.

This, I asked them and they told all. Felt like a big boy then as I kept up the act for my younger sister and bro.
Reply 22
LauraFTW(L).
:hug: my dad used to do that! & eat all the mince pies!

Did he do it in front of you? :cry2:
I never believed in him - my mother told me from the start it was all lies.
Same for the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny.
Revolutionnaire
I never believed in him - my mother told me from the start it was all lies.
Same for the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny.

Ditto.
I'm nearly 21 and mum still pretends hes real lol :biggrin:
I was scrounging around the house for something and stumbled across an old receipt for one of my presents. :'(
MDEH8176
Thanks. It was a pretty horrific Christmas... :frown:

Does it beat Santa being killed in a horrific sleigh accident that only left his left sock intact?
I never believed in Santa Claus. My parents wanted recognition for buying me presents. Mum/Dad: " We buy you the presents so make us some milk and cookies in the morning"
I asked a lot. I put a letter to santa in the tree and made sure i was the first one to go in the house when we got home so they couldn't remove it. It was gone when we got back. I questioned that my mam was the last one out the house when we left, but she said she hadn't even thought of that, so i believed her.

I persisted with asking and then eventually i said 'Santa's not real, isn't he not?' and my mam said 'No.' then i persisted with trying to prove that he was real. I was a difficult child.
I never believed in Santa. :sexface:
I'm pretty sure I never believed in him. My parents must have told me at a young age.
Reply 32
I went into my parents closet for some reason and saw all the toy packages that they'd taken off the toys to make it look like Santa had made those presents and was like :hmmm:

I feel like such a bitch but I smugly told my little brother that he didn't exist when I found out. He says he doesn't remember ever believing in Santa Clause and I feel really guilty about it :frown:

I remember in year 6 there was a girl in my class who refused to believe that he didn't exist. She always got really defensive about it and said her mum said he did exist and her mum wouldn't lie to her.
Reply 33
it was quite obviously BS right from teh start
tinker_bell4
When I discovered that he (my parents) failed to put anything in my Christmas stocking when I was 5. :sad:

Maybe you'd just been a naughty girl that year? :p:
What do you mean he doesn't exist???

Just kidding. I was told by my younger brother.
Reply 36
Found my presents that were hidden :frown:
Nobody ever told me he did exist.
(I still don't see why anyone would want to tell their kids that).
Reply 38
I got told by a kid at school, then told my younger brother... I will never forget his face :wink:
The fact that he could visit every household in the world in one night never seemed remotely peculiar to me. What did, when I became a certain age, was that he is simultaneously in every large department store in the city centre. :p:

Also, the thread title suggests he did at one point exist, a possibility that is not out of the question.

Latest

Trending

Trending