The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I think my older brother told me when I was little, bastard.

My friend told me a story of her sister when she was little. Apparently at about the age of 5 her sister decided that the whole thing was completely illogical: how can one man possibly deliver presents to every child in the world in one night?

The answer was simple and logical (from a 5y.o. point of view): Santa, throughout the year, stashed the presents in the childrens houses, in the loft. On christmas eve, the parents of the children would take the presents from the loft and place them under the tree. This would also explain, she argued, why some children saw their parents putting the presents under the tree.

Clever girl! She went on to study maths at Cambridge.
Reply 61
He told me that he didn't exist
I asked my parents when I was 4, and they told me the truth!! Shocking.
That being said, I am 19 and my brother is 15, and we still get a sack full of presents from "Santa" :') Lmao.
paperclip
Maybe you'd just been a naughty girl that year? :p:

Haha. No, I'm sure that wan't the reason. I was a good girl. Almost angelic. :yep: :biggrin:
Reply 64
My parents didn't lie to me about an obese old man breaking into our house in the middle of the night to eat our food and leave presents made by midgets in ice cold sweat-shops in the middle of no where with no way of escape.
Reply 65
It was going round the school, that he wasn't real, so I went home and asked my dad, he protested, and I believed him. The next christmas however, he woke me up while he was putting my stocking in my bedroom, I knew right away what was going on, and was heart broken that he had lied to me for so long over something as trivial as a fictional character.

I don't think our relationship ever fully recovered after that.

Latest

Trending

Trending