The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Stirling General Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Leahcar
As for modules- 2 compulsory ones are FRE9A1, and SPA9B1.

Hey, just noticed you're doing the same modules I did last year, so if you want to know anything just ask =)

For your timetable, like Marieisfab says, you have a french lecture on a Monday at 11am, but it's usually only on alternate weeks (sometimes less I think) as you share it with 9A3 - me!

For french seminars, there are two, you'll see on the timetable they're written as FRE9A1.S1 (or S2) and there are a few time slots for each, you have to pick one of S1 and one of S2 (one is grammar, one is culture) You also have to pick one of FRE9A1.LL, which is your language lab class (don't get excited thinking you'll be on the computer s for this! It's mainly speaking and stuff, quite a dull class!)

For beginners spanish, you just have 3 classes a week, so you just pick one group which are numbered 1 - about 6, you'll see three of each on the timetable, so make sure for example, every SPA9B1.S1 time suits you.

Hope that all helps! I also did EDU9E1, so if you get that and have any questions ask away =)
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Reply 61
2 weeks. :smile:
-Neon-
2 weeks. :smile:

1 week, 6 days for Freshers - mind they get to move in on the Saturday.

Me, personally? I've never left Stirling since last semester.
Reply 63
Hehe I've been back in Ireland since the start of June. Looking forward to starting back tbh.

I won't be back til the Monday though.
Reply 64
I move in on the sunday

I'm scared, it's looking like i'm not going to get my saas so i'm desperate for a job but that still won't cover me :lolwut:
Reply 65
marieisfab

Which of the other three modules did you rank first?

It was the language in society one, whichever code that was lol! But it's alright I'll just try and decipher it all myself when I get there :p: The uni will give you a timetable won't they? :lol:

Thank you so much for all your help :biggrin: :biggrin:

Rhona
Hey, just noticed you're doing the same modules I did last year, so if you want to know anything just ask =)

For your timetable, like Marieisfab says, you have a french lecture on a Monday at 11am, but it's usually only on alternate weeks (sometimes less I think) as you share it with 9A3 - me!

For french seminars, there are two, you'll see on the timetable they're written as FRE9A1.S1 (or S2) and there are a few time slots for each, you have to pick one of S1 and one of S2 (one is grammar, one is culture) You also have to pick one of FRE9A1.LL, which is your language lab class (don't get excited thinking you'll be on the computer s for this! It's mainly speaking and stuff, quite a dull class!)

For beginners spanish, you just have 3 classes a week, so you just pick one group which are numbered 1 - about 6, you'll see three of each on the timetable, so make sure for example, every SPA9B1.S1 time suits you.

Hope that all helps! I also did EDU9E1, so if you get that and have any questions ask away =)

Brilliant!! Lol thanks for all your help :biggrin: I'll probs ask you a million questions when I get there and know what's happening and such! :p:
Reply 66
So... I'm sorry for hijacking this thread :o: but I just got word that I'm staying at John Forty's court..... any thoughts??
Reply 67
Being a general chat thread, it cannot be hijacked :wink:.
John Forty's is sort of in between the Uni campus and Stirling town centre, meaning you have to get the bus most places.
Though, you are quite close to Tesco. It's just across the bridge and a little walk down left.
The rooms are actually quite huge compared to the on-campus accommodation.
Someone's put a vid of the place on youtube, showing the rooms, kitchen and ...er... breakfast.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdnmZzZpQF4&feature=related
Reply 68
-Neon-
Being a general chat thread, it cannot be hijacked :wink:.
John Forty's is sort of in between the Uni campus and Stirling town centre, meaning you have to get the bus most places.
Though, you are quite close to Tesco. It's just across the bridge and a little walk down left.
The rooms are actually quite huge compared to the on-campus accommodation.
Someone's put a vid of the place on youtube, showing the rooms, kitchen and ...er... breakfast.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdnmZzZpQF4&feature=related

Duuuuude there's a video!!! :p: that's class. And I'll be alright getting buses everywhere as long as Tescos is near :wink: haha ... Is there a bus stop near or will I have to walk for ages to get to it?

Thank you :biggrin: All you people on this wee thread are very nice! :lol:
Reply 69
Yeah, I there's like three bus stops near the place.
Leahcar
Duuuuude there's a video!!! :p: that's class. And I'll be alright getting buses everywhere as long as Tescos is near :wink: haha ... Is there a bus stop near or will I have to walk for ages to get to it?

Thank you :biggrin: All you people on this wee thread are very nice! :lol:

Only problem with John Forty's is that some times the bus drivers just go straight past the bus stop. And! If you have an early morning class (9am start) then you're pretty much fecked as it's the last big bus stop before the uni and most people will have gotten on right in town or at Union Street. If you want to get in for 9 you'll have to get the bus at about 20 past 8 and be there super early.
any id about my problem? cant upload a picture and theres no info on the website about sendingin the post?
Propane Nightmares
any id about my problem? cant upload a picture and theres no info on the website about sendingin the post?

I had a look about the website but the form from before has totally disappeared - maybe give the Student Matriculation and Records Office on 01786 466654 or email them on [email protected] and see what they say.
anyone heading into Polwarth House this year?
Reply 74
Dream Weaver
anyone heading into Polwarth House this year?

Your in for an interesting time, nearl all the people on my old floor are there and they like to party hard :P
Ronar
Your in for an interesting time, nearl all the people on my old floor are there and they like to party hard :P

nice :smile: what floor did you used to be on?
Reply 76
Dream Weaver
nice :smile: what floor did you used to be on?

3rd :colone:
Reply 77
Leahcar

Brilliant!! Lol thanks for all your help :biggrin: I'll probs ask you a million questions when I get there and know what's happening and such! :p:

Anytime =) Hope you like it!!
Reply 78
marieisfab
Only problem with John Forty's is that some times the bus drivers just go straight past the bus stop. And! If you have an early morning class (9am start) then you're pretty much fecked as it's the last big bus stop before the uni and most people will have gotten on right in town or at Union Street. If you want to get in for 9 you'll have to get the bus at about 20 past 8 and be there super early.

Eugh :frown: I'll be up at the crack of dawn anyway in the first wee while so hopefully I'll get used to getting up early if I have to! I'll just have to get used to it all but I'm sure once I do it'll all be grand :p:
Reply 79
anyone here in AK davidson for next year? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest